‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 29

I rolled over in my bed and looked at my alarm clock. It read 7:55. My eyes got wide, and I jumped out of bed. I was late for work, and the last thing I needed to happen was be late after being gone for a long time.

I had thrown any outfit on, and ran through the apartment getting things together. I put all my work stuff in my work bag, and I was ready to leave when I noticed someone still wasn't home. Ronnie was still missing in action. I had no clue where he could be, but if he wasn't home by the time I got home from work I would be calling Max.

I grabbed my car keys and headed outside to my car. I found my pretty mechanical baby and got inside. I turned the car on and sped off to work. Traffic in LA is horrible, and the gods must have known I was late. I was stuck in traffic for about forty minutes. I finally made it to the building. I parked my car quickly and got out. I ran into the building and headed straight for the stairs. I knew if I had tried catching the elevator I would be later than if I had taken the stairs.

I ran past everyone and right into my office. I put my bag down and sat in my chair. I breathed out a breath of relief and closed my eyes. I turned on my computer, and I was about to check my email when there was a knock on my door. I politely told them they could come in. It was my boss, and her facial expression was questionable. It looked like a mix of sadness, nervous, and relief?

"Hello ma'am."

"Miss Newberry it's nice to see that you're back."

"It's nice to be back. I was missing this place." I laughed. Her face seemed to only get more nervous.
"What's up?"

"Well I had come here to inform you of your position here with the company."

"What?"

"I'm afraid to tell you dear that we have found someone more qualified for the job."

"You're firing me?"

"Yes."

"Who is the better person?" A familiar woman stood behind her. My blood boiled looking at the person.
"Kat?"

"Nice seeing you again Madison." She smirked.

"You're firing for this whore?" I yelled. Yeah, I wasn't taking this too well.

"We want you to pack your stuff and be out of here in thirty minutes." They both left the room after handing me a crummy box. I packed all my things, looked at the room one last time, and left. Kat stood talking Josh. He looked up and weakly smiled at me.

"You don't need this place doll. Go and show the world what you're made of." He smiled trying to cheer me up. I looked at Kat with her every growing smirk.

"They just know what real talent is honey, don't be sad. I guess your gig was up since you stopped sleeping with the owner of the company. It was bound to happen to a skank like you." I turned and looked at her. I stepped up to her with a smile that would cause any person to run.

"I liked you better when you..." I didn't finish. I threw my fist at her face, and she stumbled back screaming out. Security came and grabbed me, and they escorted me out of the building. I got into my car and drove home. Fuck Los Angeles.