‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 30

I kept the box in my car. I ran up to my apartment and packed multiple suitcases. I was leaving this damned city. I was going back to the only place that hadn't screwed me over. I had called Josh as I was packing.

"Sell the apartment. Sell the rest of my stuff that's here, and you can keep the money for you."

"What about you, how are you going to get a place?"

"I'll figure it out. I just have to get out of this city."

"I'm sorry it happened like that. You should know, it's only because she's now sleeping with Jimmie."

"I expected as much."

"You're the best photographer I have ever met."

"Thanks Josh. I have to finish packing. I'll call you before I leave." I was nearly done packing clothes when I heard the front door open. There's only one person that has a key. Ronnie. I tried ignoring it and finish packing. My eyes stung, but I wouldn't let the tears fall out.

"Maddie you're home!" I heard Ronnie basically cheer. He hugged me from behind.
"What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving Ronnie."

"What do you mean you're leaving?"

"I hate this city."

"What about me? What about us?"

"There is no us."

"But there was a week ago! What happened since then?"

"When you left the state while I was unconscious in the hospital, there were no calls or anything! I came home last night. Where were you then?"

"I couldn't handle seeing you, the love of my life, in the hospital."

"So, if I ever have to go to the hospital again you're just going to leave again!"

"No, it was a mistake I get it. Don't leave me because of that!" He grabbed my hands.
"Please don't leave. I love you."

"I'm leaving. I'm selling the apartment. You should just go back to Vegas."

"You can't do this!"

"I can do whatever I want."

"Stop being a bitch. If anything I should be mad at you, but I'm not!"

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"When you left last time, I never got to say goodbye! Then you left again. You always leave me! You do all this shit to me, and it hurts me. I always come back though! I don't even know why I do! You're a bitch."

"Thanks," I said as the tears ignored my wishes and poured out.

"Leave, I don't fucking care. I don't care about you anymore."

I nodded my head. I finished packing all my things. I put Poe on his leash, and we walked into the living room. Ronnie was sitting on the couch looking at blank TV screen. I cleared my throat. He looked at me. He was mad.

"I'm leaving."

"Bye." I picked up my bags and walked to the front door.
"Oh and Madison," Ronnie started and appeared near the doorway.

"Yes Ronnie?"

"I never loved you."
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the end.
Will there be a sequel?
Stay subscribed to this story to find out!

Thanks for reading everyone! I enjoyed writing it!
Let me know what you think!

-ashley