‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 4

(Ronnie's Point of View)

The show was over. The tour was over, and I couldn't be more relieved. I went backstage and sat down on the couch that was in our provided room. I shut my eyes tight and tried to forget the face I only had dreamt of for the last year. She was front and center the whole night, and her eyes were on me. The seat next to me sunk in. I opened my eyes and saw Max sitting there.

"We're getting Maddie back here. I know you've missed her, so why are you being an asshole?"

"What the fuck Max, what is your problem?" I said bluntly.

"What is my problem? Maddie shows up and you give her the cold shoulder. You treat her like dirt." He said standing up.

"She left me like dirt." I yelled standing up.

"You don't think it hurt her? When she told us the news you weren't around for the last days she was. She needed your support, she wanted you to understand, and most importantly she needed your love. Where were you? You were out getting drunk and doing god knows what with only god knows who!" He spat at me. Heat radiated off my face, and I felt like I could snap. I held myself together, and just stared at him. When his words sunk in my attitude changed. I looked at him with different feelings than I had moment ago.

I turned around and ran out of the room to the stage entrance. I looked at the empty arena, and walked out onto stage. In a distance I could see one of the large security guys holding the small girl I had fallen in love with. I jumped off the stage and ran across the place. I just about made it out of the place when I saw him throw Maddie to the ground. She looked up at him helpless, and I felt like beating the shit out of him. He slammed the door shut, and locked it. I ran up to the guy and turned him around.

"What the fuck man? Did you have to hurt the girl? I was coming to get her."

"No backstage pass? She's not allowed in." He said.

"Fuck you man, I'm the fucking lead singer of the band, and I say who can stay and who can't. Get her back in here!" I ran to the door and tried opening it.

"I can't do that man."

"Just open the fucking door." I slammed my head against it. The guy walked behind me with the keys in his hand. He unlocked the door and I threw it open. I searched outside looking for her. She was nowhere to be seen. The guy put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry man."

I turned back into the place and ran back to the backstage area. I walked through and to the back exit. I ran onto our bus and looked through our fridge.

"Starting early?" Robert asked from the front of the bus.

"Fuck off Robert." Max walked onto the bus looking confused.

"Ronnie what's wrong?"

"Nothing is fucking wrong." I grabbed a whole bottle of Jack Daniel's and brought it to my bunk.
"I'm going to bed."

I spent the night drinking that bottle of Jack and thinking back to where it hurt the most.