‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 7

I had never been on an airplane with these four boys at all. They have never been on a plane with me either. The flight was only thirty-forty minutes; if that. Even though it was short, it was enough time for us to come up with a hell of a lot to do.

"We shouldn't have gotten those two Starbucks before we got on the plane." Bryan said from behind Ronnie and me.

"Monte man, you're just jealous that we're sitting up here." Ronnie said turning around. He kicked the seat in front of us, and the person sitting in the seat looked back and glared.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to settle down."

"You've asked me that like a thousand times. Do you really think I'm going to listen after you asked the thousandth and one time?" She grimaced at Ronnie and walked away. I gave him a high five, and we both sat facing forward. It had to be only a minute when Max yelled something out.

"Goddammit Maddie turn on your fucking phone!" The woman with her child who was sitting in front of Max covered her kid's ears. I laughed loudly, and grabbed my phone from my hoodie pocket. I turned it on, and instantly got four messages from Max. They were all sent when we were on the plane. I instantly sent him a text.

Did you tell Ronnie about Jimmie?

yes

What did he say?

he said that Jimmie was no challenge for him

I shook my head, and looked at Ronnie. He had his Ipod on and was playing air guitar. I laughed at him, and got my own Ipod out. I turned on the shuffle and listened to various 80's hair metal bands.

The plane landed in Vegas, and I jumped from my seat. The flight attendant scolded my "rude" behavior. We got off the air plane safe and sound. I couldn’t wait to see the apartment. It feels like forever since I've last seen it.

We got to the ever so familiar building, and I ran up the sidewalk to the front door. It was still broken. I laughed to myself, and walked to the elevator.

"Now Maddie," Max started.
"Don't be shocked if nothing is different from when you left."

We got out of the elevator and down the hallway. The door was the same color, and the hallway still smelt the same. It felt as if I was home. It felt nice. We stepped inside the apartment, and the place was a mess.

"Did you guys neglect to clean?" I asked.

"We're guys, what do you expect?" Ronnie asked.

"Should I be afraid to go into the bathroom?"

"No, I think that's the cleanest room in the house." Max laughed. I nodded and my head, and headed towards the bathroom. I stepped inside, shut the door, and looked around. Even though it was just a bathroom it felt nicer than my own bathroom back in LA. I washed my hands and left. I found the guys in the kitchen.

"How was the bathroom?" Ronnie asked.

"It was fine. Cleaner than I expected." Max smiled at my comment.

"Wanna see where you'll be sleeping?" Ronnie asked.

"The living room?" He shook his head, and grabbed my hand. He led me to his room.
"It doesn't look much different."

"I got different bed sheets."

"What were wrong with your old ones?"

"I couldn't get the smell of you out of them."