‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 9

"LAAALALALA!" Ronnie sung as we walked down the street to a bar. His arm was around my waist. Max, Monte, and Robert were behind us talking.

"What are you singing?" I asked.

"Nothing special," He grinned. We arrived outside the bar, and Ronnie opened the door for me.
"Ladies first."

I walked through, and into the smoky place. I followed Ronnie who was in front of me to the bar. He ordered drinks for everyone, and then brought me to a booth. Bryan, Max, and Robert were still in deep conversation.

"I'm so glad you came to Vegas. I've missed you so much." Ronnie said into my ear. He handed me a beer and then wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt the condensation of the beer soak through my shirt and chill my skin.

"I'm glad I came too Ronnie." I smiled. He smiled down at me.

After a few more beers were in everyone's systems we were ready to leave. No one had enough to be wasted, but sure our better judgment was impaired. We walked past out apartment building and continuing down the road.

"You know what I really want guys?" I asked.

"What would that be Maddie?" Robert asked.

"I wanna get a tattoo."

"Of what?" Max asked.

"That sounds like a perfect idea. How about right now? My treat," Ronnie cheered.

"I wanna get a purple rose or something like that."

"On your arm?" Ronnie asked.

"Shoulder area," I told him. He smiled and grabbed my hand lacing our fingers together.

"Let's go get your tattoo." We walked another five or six blocks to a tattoo place. We stepped inside and the guy working there instantly recognized Ronnie.

"Hey man what's up?"

"I wanna get this girl here inked." The guy looked at me.

"Sure thing pal, what do you want?"

"A purple rose on my shoulder blade thing." I told him pointing to the area.

"Alright, let me go draw up the design, and you take off your shirt." He brought us in the back, and I did what he told me to do. Ronnie hugged me tightly.

"Ronnie what are you doing?"

"You're mine, no one else can see you." He said.

"I'm yours?"

"Now you got it." I just shook my head, and the guy came back. We got started, and I have to say it hurt like hell.

"I hate you Ronnie."

"You love me."

"This hurts."

"I never said it would be painless."

"I fucking hate you."

He just grinned and shook his head.