Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Seventeen

*~Sometime later…way later~*

*~Lisa’s POV~*

“Frank!? Where are you!?” I called out.

We had just finished working a grocery store, which wasn’t a good idea. It was still pretty crowded, and we almost got outnumbered. At least we took fast action and got everyone killed. We had no choice but to. Frank took off running somewhere and left me behind. I had to find him though. We had to leave before the cops got here. I heard a sound and my head whipped toward the door.

“Sirens? Shit! Frank! Where are you!!” I called out louder.

I ran throughout the store and didn’t see any sign of him. I was still running around, frantic, when I slipped in a pool of blood and fell. I didn’t get up; I just sat there and started sobbing.

“Come on, Frank. Please don’t leave me,” I whispered.

“Lisa!?” someone shouted.

“Frank! Where are you?” My head jerked up.

“I’m up by the…Oh shit!!!” There was a loud crash, glass breaking.

“Frank!” I scrambled to my feet and ran to where his voice came from.

I got there and saw three out of four of our favorite cops, all of which were hovered over Frank. I pulled out my gun, but then I just remembered that it was empty, so I threw it. It landed with a loud crash somewhere and the leader of the pack, Jack, looked up at me.

“Well, well,” he started. “We got your little boyfriend. If you want to be with him, just come over here.”

“Lisa, run!” Frank shouted.

I locked eyes with Frank. He really wanted me to go, but I didn’t want to. I didn’t want to leave him alone, and I didn’t want to be on my own.

“Go!” Frank shouted.

“Shut up!” Randy hit him on the back with his gun.

I stood there, frozen in Frank’s gaze. What was I going to do? I couldn’t leave him. What would they do to him? His eyes were pleading with me to go, to try and at least save myself. Should I go with them, or should I take off running.

“Go on, go run away,” Jack said. “Then you’ll be stuck with the thoughts of what’s happening to him.” He pointed to Frank over his shoulder.

I gave Jack one of my death glares. I stared him down.

“Lisa, please go,” Frank said again.

“We said to shut up,” Dan said, hitting him again.

What am I going to do?

“Fuck,” I mumbled to myself.

Frank wants me go to. So I have to. Yes, I’ll get out of this…for him.I shot him one last look to say that I loved him and I took off.

“Hey!” one of them shouted.

I ran to the back and looked for the back door to the store. I was not having good luck today. I was looking around in the back for any kind of door to get out of here. My thoughts weren’t going straight though. I had no clue what they were doing to Frank. They could be beating him to death right now. No, Lisa, think happy thoughts. They wouldn’t harm him.I stopped, sunk down to my knees and started to cry again.

“Hey, it’s ok,” someone’s soft voice said behind me.

“No, it’s not,” I said as my crying eased a little. I turned around. “Fuck!” I scrambled to get to my feet, but I wasn’t fast enough.