Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Nineteen.

*~Change POV’s~*

The infamous serial killers Frank and Lisa were caught early this evening after they robbed a grocery store and killed everybody that was inside. They weren’t able to escape before the cops arrived and they were apprehended. They will be tried later this month and hopefully, they are rightfully convicted.

The news report blared out of the T.V as I waited for my boyfriend to come home. My boyfriend, Jack, the cop that was the leader of the pack, the cop that helped catch them. I was shocked, and also happy that they got them. Someone was there with a camera as Jack and Rob brought Lisa out. She looked so sad. I almost felt sorry for her. She must have had a strong relationship with Frank. I turned off the T.V as Jack walked in the house.

“Ana! I’m home,” he said.

“Hey!” I said excitedly, running up to hug him. “Congratulations! You caught them finally.”

“You found out already?” he asked.

“Breaking news report. You hungry?”

“Very,” he said. “I’ll be in the shower.”

“Ok.” I gave him a kiss and he went upstairs.

As I was cooking, I got to thinking. I’m a journalist. I should ask to interview her for a story. That would be cool. Or would it be too dangerous?My thoughts were interrupted by Jack’s arms wrapping around me from behind.

“Hey, can I ask you something?”

“You just did,” Jack grinned.

“Shut up. Seriously, what would you say if I said I wanted to interview Lisa and make a story out of it?” I asked.

“I’d say you’re crazy. Ana, she’s dangerous. I don’t want to risk you getting hurt,” he said worriedly.

“They showed you and Rob bringing her out. She looked so sad, upset. Please can I just try?” I pleaded with him.

“Ok, I’ll see if I can get you in tomorrow. I’ll be watching, so if she tries anything…”

“Why don’t you just leave me and her alone. You might upset her. She might be more at ease if it was just me.”

“I’ll see what I can do, just because I love you so much.” He hugged me again.

Jack ate his food and I went to go lay down. I must have fallen asleep because Jack was shaking me awake.

“Hey, they said I can get you in. They’ll put her in one of those interrogation rooms. They also said you can go in alone, but someone will be outside the door, just in case.”

“Ok,” I said, and started to drift off to sleep again.

“I love you.” I felt Jack climb in next to me and embrace me.

“I love you too,” I mumbled out, falling asleep again.

*~Next Day~*

“Ana! Come on, we gotta leave!” Jack shouted into the room.

“I’m coming!” I shouted, scrambling to tie my shoes.

I grabbed all that I needed and we were soon off to the police station. Rob, Randy, and Dan all said hi to me as Jack led me to the room Lisa was in.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked as we stopped outside a door.

“Yes,” I said.

“Go on in then.”

I took a deep breath and opened the door.