Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Twenty.

*~Lisa’s POV~*

They informed me that some journalist wanted to interview me. I didn’t want to talk to anyone, but I agreed to it for the hell of it. Maybe they would let me see Frank. Rob led me to one of those interrogation rooms and let me in it, closing the door and leaving me alone. I stood in the corner and stared at the wall. I didn’t want to let my emotions show, or get the best of me. A few minutes later, I heard the door open.

“Hi,” said a girl. She was shorter than me, not by much, but she was, and she had long brown curly hair, and hazel eyes. “I’m Ana.”

“Lisa,” I said, turning back to the wall.

“I just want to ask you a few questions, if that’s ok with you. You don’t have to answer anything if you don’t want to, but then I wouldn’t have much of a story, would I?” she asked, slightly chuckling.

“Not really,” I said as I walked over and sat in the chair across from her.

“I just want to make this comfortable for you. They were nice enough to arrange this for me, so I’d like to get something out of this. You can tell me to leave anytime you want to and I will. Ok?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“First off, I’d like to know. How did you meet Frank?”

I sighed. “He saved me. My family was abusive towards me. He worked at a pizza place and he delivered a pizza to my house one night. He saw a huge bruise on my side that my dad had just given me. He acted all cool about it, but after I went to my room, he was still there. I climbed out my window to talk to him, and my dad came out and was about to hurt me, but Frank, he-he shot him dead. From that point on, I’ve never left his side. I never wanted to pursue a lifestyle like this. I used to be a really shy, quiet person. He got me out of that, but also into this lifestyle. I didn’t want to, but I also didn’t want to leave him. I knew he would protect me…” I paused and took a deep breath, letting loose a few tears. “I just want to see him again,” I said quietly. “And I want to kill that cop. He was such an asshole to us-to me.”

“Which cop?” she asked.

“Jack. I hate him so much,” I said, staring at the floor.

“Well, he was the one who helped me get here. He’s my boyfriend, and I’m sorry about what he did to you. I’ll try to talk to him and see if he can let you see Frank. In the meantime, tell me more about yourself, if you like.”

“Not much else to say. I was a quiet loner turned serial killer by Frank. I love him with my life. I’d give anything to…”

“Ana, can you come out here?” Jack opened the door.

“Yeah. One sec,” she said, turning to him. “Hey, I’ll be back.”

I glared at Jack as Ana left the room. I wish there was something I could use as a weapon. I could hold her hostage and demand to be released with Frank. There’s nothing though, and she’s so nice. I couldn’t do that. I walked by the door and tried to listen to what they were saying.

“I talked to Frank. He wants to see you,” Jack said.

“Me?” Ana replied in a shocked tone.

“Will you?” he asked.