Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Twenty-Four

*~Ana’s POV~*

I was sound asleep when someone pounded on the door. I groaned as I got up, seeing that Jack was already gone. Whoever it was continued pounding.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I grumbled as I headed downstairs.

I opened the door. Maria, Amy, and Natalie were there, awake, dressed, and looking like they wanted something.

“What?” I asked.

“We want you to take us to see Frank and Lisa. We wanna meet them,” Maria said.

“Huh? Why?” I arched an eyebrow at them.

“We wanna meet them,” she said again.

“Umm, ok. Let me get ready and we’ll go there. I’ll talk to Jack and see what I can do. Make yourselves at home,” I said, moving to let them in.

I went upstairs to get dressed. Thank God I showered before I went to bed last night. I drove them down to the prison and we went in.

“Ana, what are you doing here?” Dan asked.

“These three wanna meet Frank and Lisa? Can they?” I asked.

“You’re gonna have to talk to Jack about that.”

“Where is he?”

“Right here,” Jack said as he came into the front office part. “What do you want?”

“They wanna meet them,” I said.

“I don’t think so. Sweetie, this is a prison, not the park,” he said. “I’m sorry, but they’re gonna have to leave.”

“Can I talk to either of them?”

“Yes you can, actually. Frank, he’s requested to see you. I denied it, but since you’re here, I guess I can let you talk to him for a little while.”

“Can I take one of them with me?” I motioned over my shoulder at them.

“No,” he said sternly.

I turned back to them. “Sorry guys. I won’t be long.” I turned and followed Jack.

“Since he’s in a calm state, do you want to go in alone?” Jack asked.

“I don’t care,” I said.

“I’ll be right outside the door.” He kissed my cheek and unlocked the door.

I walked in. The door slammed behind me and made me jump a little. This was the first time I’ve been able to talk to him without supervision, so I was a little nervous. He did look calm. He was just sitting there, leaning on the table, his hands crossed on the top of it, staring at them. I cleared my throat.

“Good morning,” I said. “Jack said you wanted to see me?”

He nodded.

“What can I do for you?” I asked, taking a seat across from him.

“Is there anything you can do to get us out of here? Me and Lisa,” he said quietly. “I want out of here. I want to be with Lisa. They only let me see her for five minutes a day. It kills me. I hug her tightly then they pry us apart. Even if you can get them to transfer us to another jail or whatever. I just really want out of this place and I want to be with Lisa.”

“I’ve been talking to them repeatedly. I’ve even tried making arrangements myself, but nothing is working. I’m really sorry. At least you get to see her, even if it is for a few minutes,” I said. Uhh-ohh, I should’ve thought before I said that last part.

“Five minutes isn’t enough!” he said, raising his voice a little.

“I’m sorry. I’m trying all that I can. Please, bear with me here. I can only do so much. Jack has most of the control. The way he is, I can barely get through to him.”

“Maybe I can.” I saw a sinister looking grin form on his face.

Oh, fuck!