Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Twenty-Six

*~Natalie’s POV~*

Sometime through the car ride, Frank and Lisa fell asleep in the back of the van. I moved up to the front with the others.

“Do you think it’s really safe to be traveling with them?” I asked in a whisper.

“Nat, we just broke them out of prison. I think they’re unarmed,” Ana said.

“You should talk. Frank had a gun to your head,” Maria said.

“Well, you’re the one that wanted to help them out,” Ana said. “I’ve known them longer than you have. They’re not violent people. They just need a little bit of help. We can do that. They just wanna start a new life.”

“Ana? Are you mad that I killed Jack?” Maria asked.

“Actually? No, I’m kinda glad he’s gone. He was really starting to get on my nerves. I was ready to kill him myself,” Ana said. “Word of advice: don’t date cops. Don’t date real cops.”

I laughed. “So fake ones are ok?”

“Yeah, cause they’re fun in the bedroom.”

“Whoa! Too much information, Ana!” Amy shouted.

“Sshh, you’ll wake them,” I said, turning around.

They were still asleep. Frank had his arm around Lisa. She lay in the little spot between his arm and his body, curled up on the seat. Yeah, I was nervous about being in the same car as two serial killers, but there was something about them. Ana was right. They just need a little help. Start a new life. I think we all were about to do that. I didn’t mind. I didn’t like where I lived. I mean, I loved living with two of my best friends, I just didn’t like the area. I wanted to get out of there.

I sat back in my seat and looked at each of my friends, reading their looks. Maria definitely wanted out. Ever since she heard about them getting arrested, she changed. Amy said she used to be friends with Frank. That surprised me, only a little. I knew she had no problem leaving her old life behind to help out an old friend. Ana was a little different. My guess was that she’s still recovering from her little experience with being a hostage for those few minutes. She seemed hesitant to come with, but at least she did. She looked back at me and smiled before stepping on the gas to go a little faster. Things started to calm down in the car right now. Night was starting to fall. We were somewhere in Ohio or something. Amy and Maria both were also sleep now. I stared outside and I was soon asleep too.