Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Thirty-Two

*~Lisa’s POV~*

I woke up when Frank kissed my head. I groaned and looked up at him.

“Hi,” I whispered. “What time is it?”

“Around eight,” he said. “I just woke up too.”

I laughed lightly and snuggled into him. He was sitting up against the headboard and I was curled up next to him, his arm rubbing my back.

“Frank? Do you wanna…give it all up for sure?” I asked quietly.

“Give up the killing?” I felt his eyes on me.

“Yeah. Do you?”

“I don’t know. A part of me still wants to do it, but a part of me is telling me no, because of everything that’s happened in the last few days and such. The last few jobs were making me think twice about the next one. If one thing were to go wrong, one of us could be killed. I don’t know about you, but if you died, I’d kill myself,” he said in a low voice.

“I would too,” I said. “I feel the exact same way.”

I really did. There’s a part of me that enjoys the “work,” but then there’s the part that doesn’t when we cut it close those last few times. I don’t know, I just enjoyed killing people. It was that sick, sadistic twin inside me that was longing to get out. I know Frank had his too, and his was more evil. His was way more sadistic. His found a hobby to kill. Let’s be lucky if you were on his good side.

“Why did you bring this up?” he asked.

“I don’t know. Something is telling me to go rob a bank,” I said.

“We don’t have weapons though.”

“We can hit up a gun place,” I said, my sadistic grin coming back to me.

“Lisa? Are you okay?” His hand rested on my forehead.

I jumped up and sat, facing him. “Come on. I wanna do something. Please?” I started to beg.

“Lisa, no,” he said, looking at me sternly.

“Please?” I put on my puppy face. He couldn’t resist that.

“Lisa. No.” He kept his look serious, like a mother scolding a child.

“Don’t make me put on the rest of the puppy face,” I said.

“Not gonna work,” he said.

“That’s it.” I stuck out my bottom lip and tilted my head to the side. “Please?”

He sighed. Yes, it was working.He looked down at his hands, and thought.

“Fine. But we have to be as quiet about this as possible. We have to sneak out.”

“Yes.” I jumped into him and hugged him. “Yay.”

“You really could do this for a living, couldn’t you?” he asked.

“How so?” I looked at him.

“Be an assassin,” he said.

“Oh come on. You know you enjoy it more than I do. You just don’t want to admit it.” I poked his side. “You know I’m right too.”

“Shush. Let’s just go and get this over with.” He got out of bed and messed with his hair a bit.

I put my shoes on, and grabbed my hoodie. We snuck out to the top of the stairs and looked down. They were all there, talking. There wasn’t a way out.

“The bedroom window,” Frank whispered. “It’s over the garage, we can get out easy.”

We went back to our room, locked the door, and casually got outside. We walked into town, hand in hand. Success, there was a weapon shop. We walked in. The guy behind the counter took one look at us, and already thought we were odd. Frank looked around and found the type of gun we used.

“I want two of those,” he told the guy.

“Two?” the guy asked.

“One for me, and one for her.” He motioned at me.

“I beg your pardon, but isn’t she a little young to have a gun? She’s what? Sixteen?”

“Eighteen,” I corrected him.

“Alright,” he said, getting up and going to the back. “Before I can sell these to you, I need to know what they’ll be used for. It’s regulatory for me to ask what a weapon will be used for.”

“Can we see them first?” Frank asked.

The guy was obviously getting frustrated with us. He sighed and brought the guns for us to see. I glanced at Frank. His mind was cooking something. Best of me not to wonder until the guns and some ammo are safely in our hands.

“You do know that these will cost you close to $2400, right?” he asked.

“Oh, no. We’ll just take them for nothing,” Frank said in a low, menacing voice.