Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Thirty-Seven

~*Frank’s P.O.V*~

I knew that the girls didn’t believe us one bit when we said we were sleeping. We got that look from Ana. They knew for some reason. When we all went to bed, I waited till Lisa fell asleep, then I stared out the window, thinking. We can’t stay with them. They don’t trust us. The guys have no clue. Plus, if the cops find out, they could all be in danger. We have to get out of here-back on the road.I was thinking about when we should leave. It would have to be during the night, but what night? I paced the room a couple times, then I stood next to the bed, looking at Lisa. She wants out of this life though. Wait, she wanted to rob that gun store, and that grocery store.Lisa was confusing me. I watched her sleep. She slept so soundly. So innocent. So beautiful. I stroked her cheek lightly, brushing away the strand of hair that fell across her face. I went around and crawled in bed behind her. I moved close to her, wrapping my arm around her.

“Hmm. Sleep, Frank,” she said softly.

“Sorry to wake you.”

“It’s ok.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you still want to do this killing stuff?”

“I dunno.”

“Baby, I think we should get out of here, and back on the road.”

She turned and looked at me. “Leave here?”

“Yeah. The girls don’t believe us, the guys have no clue. Once the cops get on our asses again, they could be in danger. Plus, no offense to them, but I liked it better when it was just us two.”

“Honestly…I did too,” she said. “When are we leaving?”

“Within the next couple days. We’re gonna get up in the middle of the night, and take their car.”

“You know what I love about you? You’re so smart.” She grinned.

I chuckled and gave her a kiss. We soon fell asleep.