Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Forty-One

~*Lisa’s P.O.V*~

I stirred and opened my eyes. We were still driving. I yawned, turned over, and looked at the time. Almost noon.

“Hey, sweetie,” Frank said.

“Hey. What’s on our agenda today?”

“I dunno. I haven’t found a place to work at yet. Everything’s way too crowded.”

“Frank? What do you think they’re doing right now?”

“I dunno, but I bet Gerard’s mighty pissed. Do you miss it there?”

“Kinda. I know it’s for the best though.”

“Yeah. Are you hungry?”

“Very.”

He turned into a restaurant and parked.

“No work though. Just eat. It’s too crowded,” he said, getting out of the car.

“Kay.”

He came around and I grabbed his hand. We walked in, got seated, and gave our order.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” he asked.

“I’ve been thinking. Why haven’t people been on us. I mean, I’m sure our pictures have been all over the news, and America’s Most Wanted. Doesn’t it worry you that maybe, someone here will recognize us? Someone could be calling the cops right now.”

“If it comes to that, I got this.” He pulled his shirt up a little and I saw the handle of his gun.

“You copied me,” I laughed.

“You copied me,” he laughed. “I have an idea though. We should change up our looks a little. Different colored hair, wear some sunglasses. You know.”

“Yeah. But no new clothes. I love wearing what I wear.”

“I love you wearing what you wear too.” He grinned.

“Ha-ha. I’m not that good looking.”

“What!? You’re crazy.”

“Yeah, I am.”

He poked me in the side, and wrapped his arm around me. We ate our food and left. Then we headed for a store to pick up a few things. I was looking at the hair dyes while Frank was getting some food for our driving. I was squatted down looking at some hair color, when I heard a couple voices behind me.

“You know who I saw at the Burger King?”

“Who?”

“You know about those two killers that got arrested in Illinois?”

“Yeah, they escaped, and no one knows where they are.”

“Well, I saw their pictures from the TV. And I was just at Burger King, and I swear it was them.”

“Oh, my god. That’s crazy. Did you call the cops?”

“Yeah, but they didn’t take it seriously. I think it was because I said I thought it was them.”

“That’s stupid. God. Jersey police suck ass.”

“Yeah. Hey, what color should I dye my hair?”

“That’s a nice shade of blonde right there.”

They continued to talk as I stood up and grabbed a color for me, and one for Frank. I tried to listen to see if they said anything else about us.

“But yeah, those two killers, they’re a couple. They’re like gothic or something. I dunno, the guy is creepy, and the girl, well, she’s not as pretty as she thinks she is.”

“I saw those pictures. Their mug shots. She looked so ugly.”

I narrowed my eyebrows, and fingered my gun that was tucked into the waist of my pants.

“Yeah, say hello to Queen Puffy Eyes.”

I was so ready to shoot both of them right now, but I turned my head and saw Frank in the corner of my eye, coming down the other end of the aisle. I casually walked past the two girls. who were still debating on which blonde to get. One had short choppy hair, and the other one had long hair that was layered: both were blonde. I went past Frank, giving him a look that told him they knew about us. He gave a short nod, and continued to walk. He stopped at the end of the aisle. The two girls headed that way, and as they were about to pass him, he turned the cart to block their path.