Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Forty-Six

~*Frank’s P.O.V*~

We were both sound asleep, but something woke me up. I sat up in bed. It was still dark outside, but something was flashing. Lightning?I got up and looked out the window. My eyes opened wide. Cops. I ran back to bed.

“Lisa? Lisa?” I whispered, shaking her.

“What?” she said sleepily.

“We gotta go, now.”

“Huh?” She looked up at me.

“The police are here. Come on, get dressed.” I grabbed a pair of my jeans and a t-shirt and got dressed.

I packed while Lisa hurriedly got dressed. I didn’t bother folding anything. I just stuffed everything in a bag. I made sure both our guns were loaded, just in case, and I tucked mine into the waist of my pants. I grabbed a hat that I had missed the bag with and pulled it over my head.

“Kay, I’m ready,” she said.

“Here’s your gun, just in case.”

She took it and tucked it in the waist of her pants. Wait, aren’t those my pants? No time to think about that right now.

“Okay, casually. Come on.”

I held her hand as I peeked out the front door. They were in the office, talking to whoever was in there. We ran for the car and jumped in. Thank God I had backed it into the spot. I pressed the gas, and we were gone by the time the cops could even look.

“Damn, that was close,” Lisa said.

I just laughed. I loved a good thrill ride. Now to get down to the truth.

“Lisa, are those my pants?”

She moved around and looked.

“Hehe, yes. My bad. I wondered why they were bigger.” She chuckled. “Hey, I found a new way to get into your pants now.”

“Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. You’re too funny.”

“I know. And now, I’m going back to sleep.”

I saw the seat go down in the corner of my eye. She curled up and soon, she was breathing deeply, asleep. Sleep my sweetness. I turned the radio on softly. I drove straight on till about ten AM, until I saw the carnival. Fun! Sweet!