Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Sixty-Four

I went to shout, but a hand covered my mouth. I tried to move to wake Frank, but they pulled me out of bed so fast, I couldn’t react. I was carried downstairs, and shoved in the backseat of the SUV.

“What the fuck!?” I shouted, looking at Matt who got behind the wheel. “What’s this all about?”

“Just a little game,” Sonny said from the front seat.

I was sandwiched between Travis and Derek. Matt pulled out and took off down the road. They wouldn’t tell me what was going on, but I knew I wasn’t gonna like it.

“What the fuck do you mean a game?” I asked.

“Maybe a loyalty test,” Matt said.

“What?”

“If Frank loves you, he’ll come looking for you,” Sonny said.

“Why are you doing this?”

“The way you describe it, it sounds like he uses you. We wanna test that.”

“You guys are insane! You better hope he doesn’t find us, cause you guys will never see the light of day again,” I said.

“Four of us, against one of him? Ha, don’t you think those odds are a little off?” Sonny asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh-ho. We’ve taken on four cops, easily.”

“Oh, those four cops that arrested you?”

“Shut your fucking mouth!” I was starting to get really angry.

I saw Matt roll his eyes as he continued driving. We drove for about an hour, back in the direction we came from.

“How about here?” he asked, indicating a diner.

“Yeah,” Sonny said. “It’s pretty dead.”

“Cool.” Matt pulled in and parked. “Ok, everybody out.”

“No fucking way,” I said in a low voice.

Sonny and Matt turned and glared at me. Sonny looked like he was about to take his gun and blow my head off right there. Oh how I wanted to jump him and rip those rings right out of his lip.

“Out, now,” Matt ordered, pointing his gun at me too.

I let out a frustrated sigh and got out of the truck. I crossed my arms across my chest as I followed Matt inside. We sat at a booth, and now I was sandwiched between Matt and Travis. For it being almost ten at night, there were quite a few people here. I was just nervous to find out what they were planning. What they wanted me for. We sat for an hour, ate, and then Matt got up.

“Up,” he ordered me.

I just sat there and ignored him.

“Up,” he ordered again, getting more angry.

Still, I didn’t look at him, and I said nothing. He took a seat again and nearly shoved his face in mine.

“You know, missy, you have no clue what we’re capable of, so I suggest you just listen to me-to us-and we’ll let you and Frank be right back on your little killing road,” he said in a low, cold voice, then he got up again.

I glared at him as I got to my feet. Be lucky I don’t have my gun. I’d shoot your face off right now in front of all these people.I heard a click as he cocked his gun, and I felt the muzzle of it against my lower back. He jabbed it to make me walk. I shot him a look, but he just jabbed me again. We walked up to where the cash register was. I thought I was starting to realize his intentions, but I heard a couple gasps and another click of a gun cocking.

“Put the gun down.”