Status: Complete: Planning a future re-write & re-post.

Demolition Lovers

Chapter Sixty-Nine

*~Ana’s P.O.V~*

“It’s over. The infamous serial killers Frank and Lisa were gunned down during the night outside of Tampa, Florida. It was reported they were going to stay at the house of four undercover FBI agents. The four agents, Sonny Moore, Matt Good, Travis Richter, and Derek Bloom have been on the case since it started. The agents are being treated at a local hospital for some minor injuries, and very few gunshot wounds. These agents will be honored in a ceremony later this week for their heroic efforts. Stay tuned for more details on this breaking story.” The news reporter droned on over the radio.

I sighed. It wasn’t even morning yet and the news reports were already filing in. I looked at Gerard who was driving. He stared blankly at the road ahead.

“Gee?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you mad?”

“They died. Yeah I’m mad. I feel guilty. I wanted to yell at Frank because he stole my car. And now he’s dead. This sucks.”

“We were so close.”

“I know we were, sweetie. I know. We tried. As cold as this sounds, at least they died together doing something they love, as twisted as it was that they loved.”

“True. I honestly would’ve rather had them go like that than rot away in jail somewhere miles away from each other.”

“He couldn’t protect her though.”

“What?”

“He told me ‘I vowed to be the only person to protect her.’ But he couldn’t. I wish I could’ve saved her at least.”

“Yeah. So, what now? Just go home?”

“Yeah. Go to sleep. You look tired.”

I nodded and went back to my seat, curling up in it and falling asleep.

Two days later, we were back at home. It was quiet for the next week after we got back. Everybody was just a bit upset, and shocked at what happened. I remembered taking a nap, and just as I started dozing off, Gerard woke me up to go to the store with him.

“Gerard, no. I wanna sleep.”

“Ana, come on. We can get some whipped cream,” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Go ahead.”

“You’ve been all mopey ever since we got home. You need to get some fresh air or you’re gonna get sick.”

I sighed.

“Fine.” I got up and got dressed.

He drove to the Walgreens, and we went inside. I wandered away to look at random magazines. Ten minutes later, Gerard came to find me. I put away the magazine and we headed up to the checkouts. That’s when I noticed something was off. I looked at the backside of his pants. No, not at that. He was reaching for his wallet, or so I thought. Then I saw the handle of a gun. I let out a small gasp.

“Anything else for you this evening?” the young lady behind the register asked.

“Yeah…” Gerard started. “Empty the register in the bag, and nobody will get hurt.” He pulled out the gun.

She gasped and turned instantly nervous. She started to shake.

“Just do it.”

“Gee, what are you doing?” I asked in a whisper.

“I’m carrying on a legacy.”