A Man, A Woman.

Tears Of Blood

They rushed her in on a gurney while she attempted to huff and puff the way she was taught during Lamaze classes which she never really paid attention to but how she regretted it as she felt her insides contract firmly while she felt her lower body stretch.

So many things were happening at once, none of which she could control. It was starting to get to her. Sweat was pouring down her face completely ruining her makeup, which was especially hard to do today. She grabbed the bed sheets of the bed in which she was going to give birth and screamed at the doctor to get, "this stupid thing", out of her.

The doctor put her legs onto the ridiculously cold stirrups, she sucked in her breath as he lifted her blanket revealing her to a room full of people, not to mention the cold. As the pain left her she found herself thinking that she hadn't been touched down there in the longest time.

She closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind.

"Not yet," the doctor said.

"Excuse me?" she replied.

"You're not having the baby yet, not for a few hours at least. You dilated to 5cm on the ambulance but you haven't progressed since."

Her eyes widened.

"Is there anyone you'd like us to call?" a slender nurse with her hair in a neat bun asked her.

She could've told the nurse that Brian wasn't returning her calls, her mother hadn't spoken to her in years, she hadn't any proper friends, nor had she any relatives that cared to remember her name. But that would simply make the drop-dead hot nurse pity her. Which would probably make her yell at the nurse which was the last thing she wanted and that would...

"Miss?" the nurse looked at her.

She looked up.

"Is there anyone you'd like me to call for you?"

"No, thank you. Oh, and don't ever get drunk..."

The nurse gave her an odd look and exited the room.

Nearly 5 hours later

"On your next contraction I want you to push as hard as possible, okay?"

A scream was the best response she could manage. She felt as though her insides were splitting, she grabbed the bed sheets, took a deep breath and felt that familiar pressure of her insides contracting.

"I think thats the feet."

"Get out of the way, call Pediatrics get them to send someone down ASAP."

"Ma'am I'm going to have to pull the baby out, okay?"

Tears were pouring down her face, the pain intensified as she felt a cold metal object enter her and slowly extract her baby. She felt like she would die. And suddenly she thought, the baby would be better off with someone else.

"The baby is non-responsive."

"Mother's BP is down."

"She's crashing."

"Hand me the paddles."


She woke up to that smell again. Hospitals. What was she doing her anyway?

She remembered her baby and started jabbing the Nurse Call button on her remote.

The same nurse hot nurse, with a stupid name like Candy or something, walked in and looked at her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, we did everything we could but your baby didn't make it."

She stared at the nurse. "Get out," she said. "Get out before I sue you and your fucking hospital. Get the fuck out!"

Moments later Brian burst into the room.

"You had a fucking baby with the fat ass I saw you with?! Yeah, I fucking found out! My mum is in hospital and I saw YOUR fucking name on the OR board!"

She started to cry.

"Brian, I'm sorry..."

"You're sorry? You're fucking SORRY?! Well so am I!"

He turned sharply on his heel and turned the doorknob.

"Brian, wait! It wasn't his! I hate him! He is a fucking fucktard and I tried to tell you but you wouldn't answer my calls. I mean what the fuck was I supposed to do? I even went over to your place and--"

"Shut the fuck up."

He slammed the door behind him. She started to shake uncontrollably, she curled into a ball and cried and cried.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, someone lay down next to her and hugged her.

She looked over her shoulder and managed a small smile.

"You obviously need a friend right now, we'll talk about it later. You just rest," Brian said.

He held her as she cried.

It is said that if a person cried for long enough, the tears would at some point become blood. Brian could've sworn her tears had a strange red tinge to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took SO long... School just started. Its pretty darn crappy... And I have a super full schedule, I'm on a diet and I have to keep going to the gym which is pretty tiring. Anyway, I hope you like it...!