The Cursed Lake

The Legend

“At last we arrived here!” Gerard said. “It’s so peaceful here...” Frank added. “Don’t be excited guys… we need to take a rest before we check out things here.” Ray reminded.

They all went the rest house. Frank look outside the window of the room. “Wow! There’s the lake!” Frank shouted. They all look outside. It was so beautiful. “Let’s go there!” Frank said. “Don’t even think about it son.” A voice from the back said. “Uncle?” Gerard asked. It was his uncle, Uncle Jerry. “Many people went to that lake and sometimes nobody comes back alive.” He continued. He sits down in his rocking chair. The five sit down the couch. “The legend says that there are twin sisters who used to live here. They’re fairies. Shaiya, the older one and Kiara, the younger. They said that fairy’s love is eternal. The twin is happy with themselves until a young man came to the lake. The legend says that his name was Herald. Kiara saw Herald washing his face on the lake. She fell in love with him. Herald noticed Kiara but Kiara vanished. The second time Herald went to the lake he got Kiara this time. Herald fell in love with Kiara. They always meet at the lake especially at night. The two are very happy.” Uncle Jerry said.

“Shaiya wondered what her younger sister’s doing. Then she saw Herald too. Shaiya fell in love with Herald not knowing it was her sister’s lover. She found out that her sister’s lover is Herald when she saw the two at the lake. She became furious. That night when Herald went to the lake he saw Shaiya not Kiara. But he doesn’t know about Kiara’s twin. Shaiya grabbed Herald’s arms and pull him down the lake. Herald tried to escape but he couldn’t. He’s drowning. Kiara arrived at the lake. She saw her sister drowning Herald. She tried to rescue Herald. She fought her sister. Shaiya freed Herald but it’s too late. He’s not breathing anymore. Kiara tried and tried but nothing happened. She asked her sister why. That’s the time Kiara knew that her sister also loved Herald. Shaiya cursed the lake. That whoever comes near the lake will die. Kiara tried to undo the curse but she’s not that strong. The elders said that Shaiya takes anyone who comes near the lake but when someone comes back alive they said because Kiara helped them. Kiara can’t save all the people. That’s the reason everybody in this town is scared to that lake.” Uncle Jerry explained. The five looked at each other. “But that’s a legend only, right?” Frank asked. Uncle Jerry shook his head. “That lake killed my son.” Uncle Jerry said. “But the police said he was drowned, right?” Gerard added. “I don’t believe in them. My son is a great swimmer. How could he drown?” Uncle Jerry said. “Okay that’s all! Take a rest you, knuckleheads!”

The four immediately arranged their beds. But not Frank, he stood in the window looking at the lake. “Awooh…”Bob teased. The four laughed. “Take a rest Frank! Or Shaiya will kidnap you!” Bob joked. They all laughed. Frank took a one last look at the lake before he went to his bed.

“Frank… Frank…” somebody called.

Where am I?

He’s in the lake.
“Frank… Frank…” the voice kept calling.
He turned around.
He saw a girl at the center of the lake.
She was wearing a white dress.
She held her hand out.
She was like saying to Frank come here.
Frank comes near the girl.
The girl smiled.

Maybe she’s Kiara…

The girl looked at him.

Take my hand…

The girl smiled.
Frank looked at her.

She doesn’t look like an evil girl.

He put held the girl’s hand.
The girl smiled.
Suddenly Frank felt that he was slowly sinking.
The girl held Frank tight.
Frank tried to escape.
The girl’s dress changed.
It was changed into black.
Frank’s drowning.

Am I going to die?

Frank can’t breathe anymore.
He saw a bright light.
Then he felt that the girl was not holding her anymore.
He can’t move.
The light was toward him.
He can’t see anything.

Frank! Frank! Wake up!
Frank!
Frank Anthony Thomas Iero!

It was Gerard. The four was worriedly looking at him.

“You’re having a nightmare. I heard you moaning. So I woke them up.” Gerard explained. He was all wet. He was sweating. “Here, a towel.” Mikey handed him a towel. “What happened?” Ray asked. “Of course, too much fairy tales.” Bob said. “What is it all about? Tell us.” Gerard said. Frank looked them. “You wouldn’t believe me.” Frank complained. The four shook their heads. “We will believe you.” Mikey said. Frank told them all about his nightmare. The four looked at each other. Then they all laughed. “I knew you wouldn’t believe me.” Frank moaned. “No Frank! We believe in you!” Gerard said laughing. “It’s just it was too impossible!” Frank gets out of his bed. The sun was setting down. He looked at the lake. He really felt that someone was calling him too come near it.

Frank… Frank… come here…
I’m waiting for you… I need you…


“Boys! The dinner’s ready. Let’s eat!” Uncle Jerry called. “Yummy! This looks delicious!” Gerard said. They all eat dinner.

The Ray, Bob, Gerard and Mikey are watching T.V. Frank is at the balcony drinking his coffee. He’s still looking at the lake. Uncle Jerry noticed him. “Is she calling you?” Uncle Jerry asked. Frank looked at him. He looks confused. “The lake?” Uncle Jerry asked. Frank nodded. He looked at the lake again. “Before my son went to the lake he said to me that someone was calling him. A girl, like she needed something. I don’t believe in the legend before. He asked permission to me to go to the lake, his with his friends. I don’t even realize that my decision would be his life. Frank, never listen to the lake. Ignore its call. You don’t know if it’s Shaiya or Kiara.” Uncle Jerry warned. Frank looked at the lake again.

Frank… frank… come here… I’m waiting…

“Hey! Come on the show’s funny!” Gerard shouted. Uncle Jerry and Frank went inside.

Frank…
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys like the chapter one... I will finish chapter two as possible....
thanks for reading...
take care