The Cursed Lake

Don't Give Up

Kiara is touching Frank’s hair…
“He must be awake by now…” Kiara said.
She looked at Frank.
“I think something’s wrong.” she said.
She placed her hand in Frank’s neck.
“He has a fever!” she said.
Kiara’s place is behind the small falls.
Behind the falls was the cave.

She tore a cloth and wet it.
She put it in Frank’s forehead.

Herald…

“Herald.” she said. She noticed Frank’s scorpion tattoo.

“Kiara…” Frank moaned.
Kiara was surprised.

Herald…

“We haven’t seen any traces of him yet.” the officer said.
Gerard buried his face on his hands.
“What will we say to them?” Mikey asked.
“Who?” Gerard asked.
“Them? The fans.” Mikey replied.
“I don’t know…” Gerard said.

Gerard shook his head.
They couldn’t tell the fans about this.

Meanwhile at Shaiya’s lair,
“I could have got Frank!” she shouted angrily.
“If it weren’t for that Kiara, Frank would be mine!”
She threw everything she could touch. Then she remembered something. She smiled. “Before I let go Frank, I give him a curse.” she said. She laughed. “Poor Kiara… Frank would never be hers. She’s not strong to fight my powers.” she said.

Kiara was worried. “He should be awake right now.” she said.
Then she remembered something. “What if?” she said.
She looks at Frank’s neck. “I knew it!” she said. It was a mark. A curse seal.
She searched for the fairy book that was given by their mother.
“I know there’s something that can undo this curse!” she said. She looked at Frank.
“Here.” she said. Her eyes widened. “But this is too strong for me!” she shouted.

Meanwhile at the rest house, all of them are very worried. “Frank, where the hell are you?” Gerard said. He kept walking back and forth. “What if?” Mikey said. They all looked at each other. “The legend about the lake is true?” Mikey continued. “Don’t be silly! There’s no such thing as that!” Bob said. “But there’s no other thing that could have taken Frank except that bloody lake.” Gerard agreed. “I observed that Frank was strange these past few days.” Ray added. “He’s always lost in thoughts.” Gerard said. “And the worst, I saw him staring at the lake.” Mikey said.

Back at Shaiya’s lair, Shaiya is sitting comfortably. “I knew you would come.” she said. Kiara appeared. “Undo the curse.” Kiara said firmly. Shaiya looked at her. “I would only undo it if you give me Frank.” she replied. Kiara looked at her twin. “I would never do that!” she shouted back. “Then it’s up to you to undo it. But I know you can’t. You know why? Cause you’re weak. You’re useless.” she said. Kiara closed her fist. “You only have 24 hours to undo it… or else he will perish.” Shaiya added. Kiara widened her eyes. She ran out of the lair. Shaiya left an evil laugh.

Kiara ran fast. “I must undo it!” she said. When she arrived at the cave she immediately opened the book. She focused. She whispered the magic words. She failed. She looked at her hands. “No…” she said. Frank moaned. Kiara hopelessly looked at him.

Back at the rest house Bob, Ray and Mikey are loosing hope. “It’s useless, we can’t find Frank.” Ray said. “There’s nothing we can do.” Mikey said. Gerard looked at them. “What are you all thinking? Don’t lose hope! After all those years, Frank’s always with us!” Gerard scolded. The three can’t say a word.

Don’t give up…

Kiara tried and tried.
She cried.
Kiara remember what her mother said to her.

Kiara, remember this. Fairies like us are powerful. We can do anything. Don’t give up.
The words of her mother echoed in her mind. “I’m strong. I’m strong.” she said. She did it again. She focused. She kept it in her mind. She didn’t give up. She did it.
The curse seal disappeared.

“I did it. I did it!” she shouted.
She hugged Frank.
“Thank you mother.” she said.

Back at the rest house, Gerard can’t help it. “We can’t just sit down here! We got to do something!” he shouted. “But what will we do?” Ray asked. “Yeah, we don’t even know what to do!” Mikey added. “We can search the lake!” Gerard replied. Silence was still. That night, Gerard kept thinking on what to do. He had a plan.

Early morning, while all others are sleeping, Gerard went to the lake.
“If they don’t want to find Frank then I will!” he shouted. He’s in the woods.

Gerard…

“Huh?” he said. He turned around.
“Nothing.” he continued walking.

Gerard…
Gerard…


He turned around. He kept on walking. He heard those voices again.
He bumped into something…
It was a girl.
She’s wearing a black dress.
She smiled.
“What the?” Gerard said.

Mikey woke up. He’s all wet.
“Another nightmare.” he said.
He sleeps again.

Frank woke up. “Where am I?” he asked.
“You’re awake.” Kiara said.
Frank moved away from her.
“Who are you?” he asked.
“I’m the one who saved you.” she smiled.
“What’s your name?” he asked again.
“Kiara.” she said.

Should I trust her?

She smiled.
“So the legend is true?” he asked.
Kiara nodded.
“Then why don’t you just kill Shaiya?” Frank said.
Silence was still in the room.
“She’s my sister.” Kiara said.
“But she killed people! Innocent people!” Frank shouted.
Frank puts his hand in his pocket.
He felt something’s in there.
It was the necklace. He handed it to Kiara.
Kiara opened the locket.
Inside was Herald’s picture.
She smiled weakly.

“Do it for Herald. Do it for the innocent people who died.” he said.
Kiara needs to decide.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally I finished it!
the nest chapter will be very soon!
Thanks guys!