You're in Vampire Country, Now

Over The Stars

Mikey’s P.O.V.

“She’ll have to get over it. I can only imagine how she feels, but you have to take her. I mean, if you don’t one of us will. We can’t just let her go back into the real world.” Chloe said, as I argued Sorrow’s case.

“But she won’t tell anyone!” I cried.

“It doesn’t matter. Gabriel will kill her, permanently.” She was right. It didn’t matter what I did…I could let her go, but then would I really be saving her? Then again, would I be doing her a favor by keeping her alive?

“I-I just…I love her…I don’t want to keep her here, to have her be miserable for the rest of eternity. But…then I don’t want to let her go and have her die either! ARGH!” Gerard put his arms around me as I cried again. “I just…I hate this!” I screamed into his chest, coughing violently afterwards. “Why couldn’t we be normal, huh? Then Sorrow and I would be living happily in some small house with kids or something! Then she wouldn’t have to die…then…” I was crying so hard I couldn’t even speak. I could feel Chloe and Gerard staring at me, but I didn’t care. The others had left quite a while ago, to go feed and whatnot. I suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion wash over me; we’d been up all day.

“Look,” Chloe said, understanding how tired I was. “Let’s all just get some sleep…we’ll figure things out later…” I heard Chloe’s footsteps as she started to walk out of the room.

“I’ll be there in a sec,” Gerard said. He let me go and studied my face. “Mikey…” He said. I made eye contact with him. “Everything’s gonna be fine okay?” I nodded, though I didn’t believe him. “It will,” He slowly stood up and nodded to me. “Try to get some sleep. It’s gonna be a hard night for all of us.” With that he left the room and I was alone.

For the next hour I contemplated what I was going to do about Sorrow. I decided that I wasn’t going to turn her, that no one was going to turn her. But I had no idea what the hell I was going to do. I didn’t want her staying here, unless she wanted to, but I also didn’t want to let her go. But I had to. Without thinking I stood up and went to her room. I stood in front of the door for a good five minutes before slowly turning the doorknob, and walking in. Sorrow was asleep on her bed, the candles in her room casting shadows on her pale skin. Her chest moved slowly up and down as she breathed in and out, in and out. I swear I could have watched her for hours, but suddenly I knew what I had to do.

Quietly I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. Then I gently shook her awake. At first, I didn’t know what she was going to do when she saw me, but she only glared, nothing more. “Look I…I…you…you’re going to leave tonight okay? You’ll have to find your family on your own but you can leave…I’m not going to keep you here if you won’t want to be…I want you to know that I really love you…so I’m letting you go.” Her glare softened and she just stared up at me in sheer amazement.
“Really?” She whispered. I nodded.

“But you have to swear that you won’t say anything about us, or vampires, or anything that we told you, okay?” She nodded quickly. “Okay, I hate to say that you can’t take anything with you, but civilization is only a couple hours away by foot, and im sure you can find your way from there. Follow me.” Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I led her quietly down various flights of stairs to the front door of the house. It was the first time I wished that there were some windows that she could escape from. When we finally reached the front door I felt nauseous and was sweating buckets. I didn’t want her to leave.

I turned the doorknob and opened the huge iron doors. She hesitated before going, but soon she started to walk out the door. On impulse I grabbed her hand. “I love you. And I’m going to really miss you…and im sorry beyond belief…though I know sorry doesn’t cut it…” Fresh tears streamed down my face as I realized I would be seeing her for probably the last time ever. Suddenly, I felt our lips collide as we had out first real kiss.

“I loved you too.” She said, before quickly walking into the night. Loved.

I watched as the pale moonlight shone on her as she walked down the road from out castle. Soon, she reached the forest and vanished from sight. Before I shut the doors I couldn’t help but think, “Please don’t get eaten by wolves, my darling…”

THE END
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I know, quite abrupt…but there is a sequel!
Thank you to everyone who read and is reading!