You're in Vampire Country, Now

Slip-Up

Chloe’s P.O.V.

Oh, fuck…Frank shouldn’t have slipped up like that…maybe Gerard won’t hurt him…maybe he’ll just…DAMN HIM. DAMN HIM TO HELL AND FUCKING BACK. Who was I kidding? I just knew that Gerard was going to do something to Frankie. If that bastard does what he did the last time… I was near tears and was about to start crying, when someone knocked on the door. “Who is it?” I choked.

“Sorrow. Can I come in?” I sighed. I thought maybe it was Frank. The longer he was down there with Gerard, the more trouble he would get into.

“Yeah.” I said, throwing some books and papers into the drawer beside my bed. Sorrow came in, smiling faintly. I faked a smile back.

“Are you okay?” She asked, closing the door. I nodded. “Good…I just wanted to make sure…” She shuffled her feet awkwardly. “H-he isn’t gonna hurt him, is he?” I stared at her. I shook my head, not really sure what to say. Though for Sorrow’s sake, I said that Frank would be fine. “Good!” She smiled. I noticed very quickly that she was wearing one of Gerard’s creations. It was a long black dress with turquoise blue ribbon around the middle and around the neck. It was extremely pretty on her.

“You can sit down if you want.” I said, pointing next to me.

“Oh! Okay, thanks.” She sat down next to me on my bed. We talked a little while, mostly about why Gerard was being such a tightwad. If only she knew. If only she knew why he was the way he was. I told her that Gerard and I had known each other since we were little kids; back when he was completely care free. Of course I left out the fact that we were little kids over one hundred and eighty years ago, but was it really all that important?

After about twenty minutes Sorrow said that she was really tired and was going to bed. I didn’t blame her. Being around Gerard would make anyone tired. Anyway, we said goodnight, and then she left the room. Not five minutes after she left did someone come banging on my door, scaring the shit out of me. I got up and flung the door open and was about to chew out whoever was at my door, but stopped when I saw that it was Frank. He was hurt.

“Frankie…” I held him as he cried. He was one of the best friends I had ever had and it killed me to see him so hurt. He had a black eye, and there was a small gash along the side of his face. THAT BASTARD. Frank cried into my chest. We stood there in each other’s arms for quite a while before I told him to wait on my bed. I knew I had his blood on my face but I didn’t care. I stormed down the hall and then down the stairs. I pushed past Bob and Ray and several of the maids. I went down into the cellar, and then into Gerard’s room. I wasted no time bashing the door in and grabbing Gerard by the collar or his red and black suit.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?” I yelled. Gerard stared up at me.

“H-he was going to give away our-”

“I DON’T GIVE A DAMN. WHAT IF MIKEY HAD MADE THAT SLIP-UP, WOULD YOU HAVE HIT HIM TOO? HUH? WOULD YOU HAVE HIT YOUR OWN BROTHER, GERARD?” He didn’t answer. “WHAT ABOUT ME?” Again, no answer. I let him go and he stumbled and fell on the floor. I had always been the only person who could have that kind of effect on Gerard, maybe that was because I had known him for so long, but I was also the only person who could calm him down. Too bad I couldn’t do the same for my self.

“If you ever,” I said, my voice dangerously low, “If you ever touch Mikey, or Frank, or Bob, or Ray, or Jen, or Tater ever again, I will kill you. I don’t care how cool you used to be, or how funny you used to be, or how cute you used to be, I will kill you. I am sick to death of your shit, Gerard. I know your life hasn’t been that great for the past century, but neither has mine.” Gerard looked at me, his hazel eyes glazed over.

“I lost my grandmother to our kind. Do you know how sick-”

“Yeah, well what about my brother?” I yelled. Gerard stopped and looked at the floor. “My brother practically raised me after my mom and dad died, you remember, you were there!” I took a deep breath. “ Look, I’m not trying to compare stories here but fuck, Gerard, you have to let it go.” I shook my head and paced around in front of him. “ Because if you don’t…you’re going to end up worse off than you are now.” I felt like I was going to cry again. Gerard stood up and did something that he hadn’t done to anyone since we were fourteen years old. He hugged me.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. I nodded, tears flowing freely down my face.

“You’ve been my best friend, and my worst enemy, and I just want you to be okay.” I said, before stepping away from him and leaving his room.