You're in Vampire Country, Now

Take My ***ing Hand And Never Be Afraid Again

Gerard’s P.O.V.

“You’ve been my best friend, and my worst enemy, and I just want you to be okay.” She said, before pulling away and leaving me alone, once again, in my small dark room. I sighed and walked over to the dresser next to my bed and pulled out a bottle of beer. My salvation… I though darkly as I drank myself into a frenzy and then passed out on my bed.

Chloe, Mikey, and I walked through the dark woods. Mikey, as always, was huddled behind Chloe, scared out of his mind.

“I just know something bad is going to happen!” Mikey squeaked. Chloe looked at me and rolled her eyes. I laughed.

“Mikey, it’s okay! This will be fun! We’ll explore the south woodland and maybe come back to the village with a few stories!”

“I-I have a feeling we won’t be going back at all.” We walked for a little while longer and arrived at a cliff.

“Oh my…” Chloe said, looking over the edge and grinning wickedly. “Gerard, look.” I peeked over and gasped. We were extremely high up; the South Mountain Village was just a tiny dot from where we were.

“You guys!” Chloe and I turned around to see Mikey finally catching up to us. “We shouldn’t be up here!” He gasped, trying to catch his breath.

“Oh no!” Chloe said, searching frantically for something. “My pendant! Oh, my mother’s going to kill me! She’ll make me get the stick again! I must’ve dropped it in the woods, I’ll be right back!”

“Chloe wait!” I yelled, not wanting her to go into the woods by herself, but it was too late. As fast as her eight-year-old legs would carry her, she ran off into the woods, leaving Mikey and I next to the cliff. I shook my head. I said a small prayer to let her be okay.

Mikey edged toward the cliff. “Mikey, I wouldn’t look down if I were you…” I said, stifling laughter. His eyes grew huge and he stopped in his tracks. “Man…I wish I had my notepad here with me…this place is beautiful…we couldn’t have picked a better time to-”

“Gerard! Gerard!” I spun around and saw Chloe, sprinting as fast as she could out of the woods, running toward me. She looked mortified. Before I could get out a ‘What’s wrong?!’ She crashed into my arms and buried her face in my chest. I held onto her as something big and broad emerged from the woods. I saw that Mikey had bolted behind me as the thing approached us. The moonlight shone on its face and I saw that it was a man. An extremely tall, broad shouldered man. As he stared down at us his eyes shimmered between violet and cobalt blue. The man was clad in solid black, black top hat, black cape, black shoes, and black gloves. It seemed like hours that Mikey whimpered from behind me, and that the man stared down upon Chloe and I, Chloe whom had finally looked up and had stopped shaking, but whom I refused to let go. The man reached out and touched my forehead, I wanted to back away but I knew there was nowhere for me to go. He then touched Chloe’s forehead, and I was this close to biting the shit out of him like a rabbid wolf.

“You are my property now. Remember that.” The man said in a deep gravely voice that terrified me to the very core.


I woke up freezing cold and yet I was sweating like crazy. I looked over at the grandfather clock across from my bed. 3:00 P.M. The dream… I thought. Oh, if only that night had been a dream. It was all too real. That was the first time we met…him.