You're in Vampire Country, Now

Landslide

Kayla must have parked the car… I thought when I woke up and didn’t feel the usual movement of the car, and didn’t hear the radio blasting. I tried to sit up to see what horrible part of town she decided to get gas in, but found that I couldn’t. I opened my eyes and nearly had a heart attack. I saw that I wasn’t in a car at all; instead I was in a king sized bed with crimson, satin blankets and satin pillows. What the… I looked around the room. Gothic paintings, black walls, and candles were all i could see. A spectical of medieval interior decorating. Maybe… My heart was racing. Maybe Kayla found one of those old hotels she talked to me about. Yeah…that’s it…I wonder which room is hers? Forgetting about my last attempt, I tried to sit up yet again. Pain shot through the front and left side of my body. Fear swept over me as i realized that i could barely breathe. What’s wrong with me?! I looked down and saw that I wasn’t wearing the clothes I had been wearing. Oh, god…surely I would have remembered changing… I looked frantically around me to see that the clothes I had been wearing draped over a Victorian style chair. But those can’t be my clothes…they’re covered in… I gasped and had to bite my tongue to keep myself from screaming. I pulled down my dress to take a better look at my body and nearly fainted when I saw a huge multicolored bruise on the left side of my stomach. Covering some of the bruise was a cloth wrapped around my stomach, a bloody tightly wrapped cloth, that is. So, that’s why it hurts to breathe… I spent the next ten minutes completely freaking out and trying to figure out a way to get out of bed and find my cousin. I wanted to know what was going on, and I wanted to know right then and there. I was about to make my sixth attempt at getting up when all of a sudden the door opened. I froze. Slowly the most gorgeous boy on the planet walked into the room, followed by another, less gorgeous, but still damned gorgeous, creepy looking boy. They came and stood at the foot of the (my) bed, the gorgeous one had his arms crossed in front of him, while the other one had his arms clasped behind him. They seemed to have the same mannerisms…maybe they’re related I thought, then immediately blushed. Please, please, please, don’t be the guys who changed me out of my other clothes!!!! But I had the sick feeling that they were.
“How are you feeling?” The gorgeous one asked. He had brown hair hidden under a black beanie and black thick-rimmed glasses. He had beautiful brown eyes and the best thing was that they both looked like they might be my age!! I nodded slowly. This can’t be real… “I’m Mikey.” He smiled. Awww! He has the cutest smile!!

“S-Sorrow.” I croaked. The other one didn’t look like he was going to smile or talk any time soon, but he surprised me.

“I’m Gerard, nice to meet you.” He said. Though he didn’t smile, it still made him less creepy.

“Um…do you guys own the hotel?” I asked stupidly. Obviously it wasn’t a hotel, but I had to think of something to say. “Or your parents…or something…” I blushed like mad as they looked at each other, obviously wondering what in the hell I was talking about.

“Uhh…not exactly…” Mikey said, “But…if it helps you to think about it that way…you can.” I didn’t notice it at the time but Gerard elbowed Mikey in the side. I had no idea what that meant but I didn’t care, as long as I got to see Mikey every day. He probably already has a girlfriend.

“Do you know what room my cousin’s staying in?” Mikey looked at Gerard and Gerard whispered something in his ear. All of a sudden Mikey looked sick and he nodded and looked back at me.

“Uhh…okay…well…come with us…oh…wait…you can’t…here.” He walked over and much to my surprise lifted me up and carried me out of the room. He was a lot stronger than he looked. Almost too strong…
I quickly found that every wall in the “hotel” was painted black and covered in candles and medieval paintings. No windows. I looked around several times to see if Gerard was still following us, and he was, but it didn’t sound like it. You couldn’t hear his footsteps at all; as if he were floating down the hallway…in fact…it was dead silent except for Mikey’s breathing.

We turned down several hallways and then finally came to a large medieval looking staircase. Carefully he carried me down them and brought me to rest on a couch in front of a fireplace in a living room. Five people were standing in front of me, all of them with the same solemn expression that Gerard and Mikey had when I first saw them.

“Sorrow,” Mikey said. “Let me introduce you. This is Frankie,” He pointed to a boy with short black hair that was cropped off on the left side and hung over his greenish-brown eye on the right. He had a couple of piercings and more than a couple tattoos. He smiled feebly and then looked away. “This is Chloe,” He went on, pointing to a girl with shoulder-length blonde hair, cobalt blue eyes and a lip piercing. She nodded, smiled, and then whispered something to Frank, or “Frankie”. Mikey pointed at a boy with a rather large orange-ish afro. “This-” The boy interrupted him.

“I am Ray.” He bent down and kissed my hand. “Nice to meet you.” I blushed. Gerard, who seemed to have come out of nowhere, rolled his eyes. “This is Bob.” Bob? I thought. That’s a bit random… Little did I know it was about to get much more random. Bob nodded, his lip ring shining in the candlelight. “And last, but definitely not least,” He pointed to a girl with liquid brown eyes and beautiful brown hair. “Tater.” I almost burst out laughing. What the fuck?! Tater? That’s awesome!!!! But I didn’t. Mikey moved to the side and Gerard stepped in his place in the middle of the group.

“We are gathered here today,” He started, pausing to push his long black hair (don’t give a damn about his new haircuts) out of his face. “To explain something very important to an unknowing girl.” He stared hard at me, his hazel eyes stone cold. “Sorrow, you were in a car accident.” What? …A…car…accident? No…no, no, no, no, no!!!! NO FUCKING WAY…no… Everything was silent. Too silent. I wanted noise around me, I needed noise around me. Why weren’t they saying anything? Or doing anything? Surely this isn’t real…

“Where is my cousin?” I asked, feeling a deathly fear rising in me. It seemed as if time stopped moving as Gerard looked at Mikey, Mikey at Chloe, Chloe at Tater, and so on. Gerard cleared his throat.
"Come with me." We walked over and held out his hand. I grabbed it and he lead me over to a set of dark curtains. Slowly, he pulled them back, and we walked into the room. It was full of coffins and i almost immediately knew what was coming but i wouldn't let myself believe... Without hesitation Gerard heaved open a casket and pulled down the white sheet that was covering a body. The piercings, the makeup, it was my cousin. "She didn't make it."