You're My Brand Of Heroin

Chapter Three

"Wow, it's only been three days!" Myrette said in a surprised voice as she pulled a small package out of her mailbox. She never got any mail besides bills so she knew that the package had to be her syringes. The return address was unfamiliar to her so she assumed it was Eddy's. She opened the little box and took out three syringes, underneath them was a note:

"Hey beautiful,
Maryanne, Alicia, and I are going to a rave Thursday night, we're meeting our friend Amy there. You should go with us, you could make some new friends. I'd really like it if you went, so meet me at the cafe at 4 Thursday afternoon. Bring a little money.

Oh yeah, first three are free.
-Eddy"


"Well!" Myrette exclaimed, "Eddy wants me to go to a rave with him." She smiled and turned to look at the clock. "Shit!" It was 3:35pm. She had almost half an hour to get ready to meet him.

Myrette rushed through her room, back and forth, back and forth from her bed to her closet trying to find something to wear. She settled on a pair of jeans that she thought looked nice on her and a bright, fitted t-shirt. She did her makeup, fixed her hair, grabbed a sweater, slipped on her shoes, and got out the door by 3:42.
With a few minutes to spare, Myrette approached the cafe and searched for Eddy.

"Zah! Myrette!" Squealed a familiar voice. Myrette turned around to see Alicia running towards her with a giant smile plastered on her face. She skidded to a stop right in front of Myrette.

"Hi there." Myrette said as she laughed.

"Hi." Alicia replied. Eddy and Maryanne appeared behind Alicia with smiles on their faces. Eddy immediately slid to stand beside Myrette and put an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey." He said as he shook her lightly and then dropped his arm.

"Hi." Myrette breathed back.

"While we're all standing around like idiots, can we get our asses to the rave already?" Maryanne asked, obviously anxious.

Alicia laughed. "Hell yeah!" She exclaimed. They all laughed briefly and headed out to their destination.