You're My Brand Of Heroin

Chapter Four

Bodies throbbed on the dance floor, neon lights flashed all over the club making it rather difficult to make it to any destination. But then again, you go to a rave to dance and get high, you have no destination but up - Myrette was no exception. Eddy and the others had talked her into doing ecstasy. They had all been high as the clouds before they had been in the club for twenty minutes.

"Where the hell is Amy?" Maryanne yelled to Eddy over the loud electronica blasting over the crowd.

"Hell-if-I-know!" He yelled back so quickly that his sentence blurred into one word.

"She was supposed to be here half an hour ago, wasn't she?" Alicia interjected even louder than the other two. Myrette looked back and forth between her three friends, confused. She had completely forgotten that she and the troublesome trio were supposed to be meeting a friend at the rave. This, she was looking forward to. Myrette didn't have any friends other than Eddy, Maryanne, and Alicia. She didn't have any family either, well . . . Any family that actually cared about her.

Hours after the short conversation had passed, Amy still had not shown up, the ecstasy had worn off, and Myrette and the troublesome trio left the club.

"Ugh! The nerve of her! I can't believe Amy didn't show!" Maryanne whined and stomped her foot like a six-year-old who's best friend didn't come to her tea party. Myrette chuckled for a second before Alicia stopped dead in her tracks. Her jaw dropped and she pointed straight ahead of her. Myrette and the other two stopped also and looked in the direction Alicia had pointed. There trotting towards them was a woman about the same age as Myrette, her long black hair swished back and forth as she ran. As she approached closer, Myrette could see that she was astonishingly beautiful. The woman skidded to a stop a few feet in front of Eddy.

"Hi. . . ." She said breathlessly. Wow. Myrette thought. She has a beautiful voice too.

"Hey there, Amy." He replied monotonously, eyeing her carefully.

"I'm so sorry I'm late! I'm so damn late! Gahh! I' m so sorry Eddy!" Amy babbled out in one breath. She would have kept going if Maryanne and her hot temper hadn't cut her off.

"Where the hell were you, damnit! And how come you're just now getting here?"

"I . . . I'm sorry, okay? I got caught up in some . . . things. . . ."

"Things? What kind of things?" Eddy interrogated.

"I-uh . . . Hmm." Amy seemed to be at a loss of words, or maybe she just didn't want to talk about it.

"Well you see--" Amy stopped mid-sentence after she realized Myrette had been standing there the whole time. Her confused expression quickly alerted Eddy.

"Oh, of course. My mistake. Amy, this is Myrette. Myrette . . . Amy." He said. Proud of himself that he had introduced the two of them.

"Oh, that's right! Hi Myrette." Amy grinned widely and held out her hand for Myrette to shake.

"Hi." Myrette replied and shyly shook Amy's hand.

"Wow, 'Myrette'." Amy repeated, "That's such a pretty name! How do you spell it?"

"Uh, M-Y-R-E-T-T-E." She spelled out the letters for Amy. "It's French. Though it's normally spelled with an 'I' instead of a 'Y'."

"Oh, cool. Do you know what it means?"

Eddy, Maryanne and Alicia, all but forgotten, stood in shocked silence. Eddy knew that Amy and Myrette would get along, but he never thought they would hit it off so soon.

"No, actually, I don't. I should find out though. I know my last name - Belle - means beautiful, but that's a given."

The two girls blabbed on and on for the whole walk back to the cafe. Myrette invited Amy over to stay the night with her, so after they parted ways with the troublesome trio, they walked to Amy's house which wasn't far from Myrette's, surprisingly, to pick up some of her things. Myrette was so excited, she had finally made a friend who she thought she could trust. Sure she trusted Eddy - not so much Alicia, and definitely not Maryanne - but she felt like she had known Amy for a lifetime, and felt even stronger that they would be best friends 'til the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just recieved some very helpful constructive criticism from another mibbian. I'm almost positive that I'm going to take my story off of mibba until I make some corrections, fix it up and all that jazz.

Thanks again to Audrey T! =D