Blending In

Chapter Five

Walking, with my scarf covering up to my nose, I came to a park. The park was empty, which is not unusual because it is freezing and winter and all, all accept a boy and a dog. No big deal. A boy playing with his dog. But this boy... has got something about him. This.... attraction. I usually don't check guys out because it's pointless when you could never talk to them, and it will only make them check YOU out. But there is something strange about this guy. His dark curly hair tousled from the wind, and his cheeks pink from cold. It's not his looks that are strange.. its his.. I just don't know.

I find myself walking slower. This is silly. Just get home. Penny is probably hungry and you do have homework. Not that you need to do it, but you should... And it's cold out Then BAM! Well.. more like a gasp, then a thud from my head hitting the frozen ground. I find myself under the dog which I had believed was 20 feet away... I guess my thoughts had the best of me. I blink away my dizziness, and absentmindedly pet the dog. It licks my hand and wiggles with excitement. It's tail is like a metronome set at the fastest rhythm.

"Oh gosh! I am so sorry!" The boy is running towards me and the dog. He grabs the dog by the collar, pulls him off of me and helps me up. I blink more because my head is spinning. "Sorry... I turned my back to throw the ball and next thing I know he is gone! He usually a very good dog.... he's never done this before. I'm really sorry!" I look at him. Why is he so... different? Maybe because I hit my head? No.... I hit my head after thinking he was different...

He just looks at me. "Oh gosh. Are you alright?? Do you need..." I cut him off. "I'm fine" I say politely. I start petting the dog again. It was a golden retriever. Absolutely gorgeous. Like right out of a dog show. "Very Beautiful dog. What it's name?" I ask. "Oh... yeah well.. this is Carter... he really is a good dog" He looks up at me worriedly. "He's never done this sort of thing before" I laugh lightly. "I believe it. Really I'm fine... Sorry to have.. err... worried you..." I start walking away but stop when my head feels light as a feather. He doesn't look convinced. " Uhm. Do you ... need anything? Like.... a cab? I can call you a cab??" I spin around. Bad idea. No spinning for the dizzy person. "No! Seriously. I'm fine."

"Oh well... okay. I really am..." I interrupt him "Sorry. Yeah you've mentioned that" I say while rubbing my head casually. He blushes. "Yeah... sor.. er.. yeah." He stammers with a smile. "Here uhh... If your not going to let me call you a cab... how about I make sure you don't have a concussion..?" I think about it. I guess it doesn't really matter. If it will make the poor kid feel better.... "Yeah... okay sure?" He attaches Carter to a leash, and comes towards me. He looks deep into my eyes. Why does he look so... different from everyone else?? Its like... Ugh! I don't know hes just... different. "Well you look fine. Sorry... again about that......er....?" He pauses. "Catherine." I spill. I am instantly outraged with myself Whyyy!!!! Why on Earth did you give him your REAL NAME?!!!? Ugh. I don't know. He just... seems so... trust worthy....... I smile at him while I'm arguing with myself inside. I manage to politely thank him before I turn around and stalk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short.....