The Jetset Life Is Going To Kill You

Proper Preparation Prior

Two weeks earlier…

“I can’t believe we have to home today.” Brooke sighed as she put some folded clothes into her suitcase. “I really don’t want to go home!”

“I know. That fortnight went by so fast didn’t it?” commented a blonde who was also packing. “It sure was nice of Lottie to invite us here.”

“I know! Her sister was so nice about it too! Leaving your sister have four friends over? If I had a sister, I wish she was that nice!” Brooke said as she vainly attempted to zip up her suitcase. The other girl noticed that the bulging suitcase wouldn’t close and started sniggering.

“This isn’t funny Alaura Padilla! Come on, you sit, I’ll zip!” Brooke moaned. Alaura rolled her emerald green eyes and sat down on top of the suitcase. As soon as she plopped down onto it, there was a knock at the bedroom door.

“Come in!” Brooke and Alaura called simultaneously. A meek brunette poked her head around the door.

“Sorry for interrupting guys but…” the girl trailed off as she spotted the two girls attempting to get the suitcase shut. “Wh- what are you guys doing?”

“Brooke’s suitcase won’t shut.” Alaura explained as Brooke fiercely pulled at the zip, “That’s what you get when you go shopping in France!”

“Oh ha, ha, ha. Anyway Lillian did you want something?” Brooke questioned as she made a little progress with the zipper.

“Oh umm, yeah. Lottie was wondering if you guys were nearly ready? She says if you guys aren’t ready sometime soon, we could miss our flight.” Lillian reported as she shuffled her feet.

“Okay thanks.” Brooke grunted as she shooed Lillian with her free hand. Lillian got the hint and left the room. Brooke sighed. “Why did Lottie invite her?”

Alaura sighed. “Here we go again," she thought to herself.

“…I mean it’s not like they’re good friends or anything is it? Success!” Brooke cried as she managed to zip her suitcase all the way.

“Look Lillian’s going through a tough time at the moment…” Alaura began as she stood up and grabbed her comb. Brooke groaned.

“Do we have to go through the whole, ‘poor Lillian moving to a new country?’ It’s getting old! I mean, when Lottie moved over she hadn’t a word of English! Lillian did move to a country where they speak the same language as her after all.”

“And what did you think of Lottie when she first arrived?” Alaura asked as she combed through her golden curls.

“Urgh, man was she annoying! I don’t think I’d ever have befriended her in a million years! Why if Camille hadn’t become such good friends with Lottie…” Brooke paused, as she realised why Alaura had brought the memory up. “Ah, I see. So you’re saying…”

“…to give Lillian the same chance you gave Lottie. Don’t be as dismissive. Please Brooke.”

Brooke rolled her eyes. “Whatever you say, Goldilocks.”