The Jetset Life Is Going To Kill You

Hitting the Road

Camille tapped her foot impatiently. “Why did we send Lillian up? Brooke won’t listen to her!

“Brooke won’t but Alaura will.” Lottie muttered as she fiddled with her jet-black hair.

Lillian walked back into the room and sat down at the table. “They’re just zipping up Brooke’s suitcase, they’re almost ready.” Lillian said in her Scottish accent.

“God, this happens every time we go on holidays - would she ever just get a bigger suitcase?” Camille grumbled. “Oh guys, I am not looking forward to our seven hour plane ride!”

At this stage, Alaura and Brooke entered the room with their suitcases. The five girls then thanked Lottie’s sister for leaving them stay over, and headed off to the airport. The girls were all dreading the plane ride home - after all a plane ride from France to the States wasn’t exactly the quickest plane ride! But the girls needn’t have worried about the plane ride home… more so the drive home after the plane ride…

.......................................................................................................................................................................

“Face it - we’re lost.” Lottie groaned. Camille was driving the car and if she had any idea where she was going; the girls should have been home from the airport long ago. Darkness had now surrounded the girls as they drove through the countryside, and the only source of the light was the full moon. Camille did not reply, and her chocolate brown eyes remained fixated on the narrow road.

“Camille, for God’s sake can’t you just look at a map like an ordinary person?” Brooke snapped from the backseat.

“Brooke will you just SHU-”

“CAMILLE!”

Camille made the mistake of momentarily turning around to scold Brooke. The one time she took her eyes off the road, a car came from around the corner and Camille very quickly swerved to avoid it. She successfully managed to avoid hitting the oncoming car, but swerved off the edge of the road and down the slope at the side of the road.

The girls shrieked and cried as the car tumbled down the hill; shattered glass rained down on them like confetti. The car came to an abrupt halt once it had reached the bottom of the hillside.