The My Chemical Chronicles - King of the Damned

Chapter XVI

"Dude, you've been acting weird lately." Ray poked Frank in the arm.

"Buggar off." Frank replied irritated, hitting away Ray's arm harder than intended.

"Ouch"

Frank merely looked up an inch when Ray walked away.

He knew he wasn't acting the same as usual, he wasn't his hyper self. Not since.. Well, Gerard had told him. Though, what had he really told him? "Don't tell anybody." Don't tell anybody what? That you wanted to kill me?

Frank laughed at his own conclusion. It sounded rather ridiculous. His best friend, trying to kill him and not just in a normal way, but by biting his neck?

Maybe his conclusion, so to say, that Gerard is a 'modern day vampire' wasn't at all such a weird one.

But, it would be impossible. Why would Gerard be a vampire? Vampire's are just one of those myths.

At the moment he was about to let out a sigh of confusion, Gerard pushed open the door of the bus hard.

Frank gulped, his appearance was striking. Messy hair, black eyeliner, white face, beautiful against the dark of the night. Frank couldn't help but stare.

Was that a trickle of blood running down his chin?

Gerard wiped his mouth with his sleeve and looked around the room.

He caught a glimpse of Frank staring at him. Frank quickly averted his eyes, scared of what might happen if he kept on staring. To his relieve Gerard merely shrugged and walked on, though when Frank looked back to see if he was really gone, Gerard was still there, leaning against the wall, glaring at him.

Frank wondered what was up, if he should be scared or something else he couldn't think of.

He blinked and Gerard was gone. What had Gerard meant by this all?

Frank's head started aching, too much thinking and a lack of sleep. He hadn't slept like he used to. He heard Gerard come back just before the rise of the sun each and every day.

It all made sense, but it didn't make sense at all on the other hand.

It couldn't be.. Could it?

[N/A I'm really really REALLY sorry for not updating sooner. I've been really busy with my last exams. I promise to try and write more over the holidays!]