Status: Complete.

Memoirs of a Gay Guy : Till September

Entry : 43

Congestion and light-headedness do not mix with school. I stayed home today because I have an awful cold. Just as the weather is getting warmer, I get a cold!

Fin came over to my house after school to drop off my homework. For history I've got to do a worksheet and study for a the quiz tomorrow and I've got to brush up on Lord of the Flies for an in class essay I missed today in English. But at least after the essay we'll be done with the book! Then we'll move on to Romeo and Juliet, which is good because I like Shakespeare.

Fin told me that she and Riley missed me at school today. When I asked, she told me that he didn't actually say that, but it was evident in how he acted. She also told me that Jeremy came by our lockers at lunch looking for me. He looked really disappointed when she told him I was sick. Then she told me that Tony was on a field trip and Amanda ate lunch with her girl friends so she and Riley invited Jeremy to eat lunch with them. I literally groaned out loud when I heard all that. The one day I'm not at school, it would've been my perfect day; seeing Jeremy outside of photo class and getting to spend lunch with Fin and Riley for the first time in a week.

On a better note, when Jeremy came by, Fin, bless her, asked what I missed in photo class. Jeremy gave her the extra assignment sheet he'd gotten for me and explained it to her briefly. We need to take a series of photographs that have a specific theme in them. We need one portrait, one depicting texture, another with movement and another with shape. I don't have any ideas for these photos yet, but I'm sure I'll find inspiration somewhere.

Oh, I just got a text from Riley; he hopes I'm feeling better and that I'll be at school tomorrow. It's things like this that make me really wish he were gay. But for now he's one of my best friends and that's enough. Just because he's not gay doesn't mean I can't keep him.

Besides, maybe something could happen with Jeremy. I'm pretty sure he likes me and I'm scared to admit it, but I think I like him too. I can't explain why 'I think', I guess I've never had a real crush before, I'm not sure how it feels. But when I think about him, I feel like there's a lump in my throat but I could still inhale all the air on the Earth in one breath. Does that mean I like him? I guess I'll just have to see where this goes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep going --->