Status: Complete.

Memoirs of a Gay Guy : Till September

Entry : 44

Posters are up all over school for our GSA campaign and luckily, this time, I'm not one of the ones selling things at lunchtime. The posters look really great too, Tony's photoshoot was well worthwhile. He decided to use two photos of two guys, two of two girls and the one of Fin and I so we've got five different posters.

Jeremy and Tony caught me studying one of the Fin-&-I posters right before lunch today.

"Like what you see?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, it's a really great photo," I responded. "It almost looks like we could be a real couple."

"Almost?" Jeremy chimed in.

"Well yeah, because I know the whole story. But if I wasn't me and I saw this picture, I'd think Fin and I were in love or something."

"But a picture's worth a thousand words, and this one says love," Tony countered.

"But merely platonic," Jeremy argued. "Save your romantic love for some lucky boy, eh Will?"

"Yeah," I smiled. Was that a hint? Ugh, boys confuse me.

They followed me to my locker, where Fin was waiting and she greeted Tony with a hug. She asked me if I didn't mind if she went out to lunch with Tony, I glanced at Jeremy and told her, "Oh, I'll be fine."

I noticed, as they were walking away, that they were holding hands. "They're cute together aren't they?" Jeremy commented. I nodded my agreement.

Just then, Riley burst out of nowhere and greeted me enthusiastically with a brief hug and a, "Man, I feel like I haven't seen you in days! How ya been?"

I laughed and said, "I'm fine, how're you?" Truth is, I'd just seen him a few hours ago in history but there was a new seating plan so we're not near each other any more. Plus I was sick last week and I didn't see him over the weekend so I can see where he was coming from.

For the rest of the lunch period, Riley and Jeremy and I went walking around the school, talking about various topics. The whole time I couldn't shake the feeling of it being like a couple and a third wheel. But if I wasn't the third wheel, then who was?
♠ ♠ ♠
Snaps for epic shorth! Yes? No? Moving on!