Status: Complete.

Memoirs of a Gay Guy : Till September

Entry : 8

Yesterday's GSA meeting was so great! (And not just because I sat beside Riley). Mr. Munroe had the best idea! He calls it a Coming Out party and he got the idea when he heard that his niece, who lives in England, was having a coming out party. Over there a coming out party is kind of like a sweet 16, but way more formal.So Mr. Munroe thought it'd be a fun play on words for the GSA to have a Coming Out party, to promote being openly gay.

I think it's a great idea but I don't really want to go public yet. But Mr. Munroe said the party will be only to promote openness but anyone can attend.

I volunteered to be on the planning committee for the party, as did Riley, Travis and another boy named Jeremy. Everyone else was divided into decoration and entertainment committees.

My committee's job is to set a date, time, ticket price and to get the whole thing approved by our principal. After we get it approved, our job will be to advertise it around the school and sell tickets at lunchtime.

Mr. Munroe said that we were also welcome to invite any girlfriends, boyfriends or just regular friends from other schools to attend. He's really excited about the Coming Out party because it's finally a school event that his husband would want to go to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this is uber short but that's what entry 9 is for so keep reading --->