Sequel: Love Always Remains
Status: FINISHED! Sequel 'Love Always Remains' has been posted!

The Words to Define These Feelings

Imma buy you a... pizza?

Paige's POV

Phoebe was bouncing up and down next to me, acting like a bottle rocket about to explode, but I couldn't seem to calm the butterflies in my stomach. There was no telling what would happen when I saw the stupid redheaded boy called Caleb again. The cab came to a stop outside the venue in upstate New York, and we climbed out into the brisk fall morning. We paid the driver and rolled our suitcases over to the bus.

“So should we just go in?” I hesitated with my hand perched over the keypad, but before I could make a decision, the door swung open, whacking into me as a blonde blur attached itself to Phoebe.

“Phoebe, I missed you!” Kyle exclaimed as I walked back around from the door, “Oh, did I hit you Paige? I'm sorry!” Kyle had a look of horror on his face as I rubbed my head.

“It's okay Kyle,” I said as he let go of Phoebe long enough to give me a hug of apology and welcome.

“Tour is so not as fun without you two,” He said as we followed him back into the bus, “We were gonna go venture off and find some lunch soon since we don't sound check until 2. You guys should come,” He poked Phoebe as we approached the bunks, and I knelt down next to mine, crawling in to get all my stuff assembled for the next few days. As I laid there, I glanced over at Caleb's bunk directly across from mine. The curtain was completely shut, and I tried to mentally will the boy inside to come out and say something to me. The curtain remained still, so I went back to the back lounge to catch up with whoever was back there. Jonathan tackled me in a bear hug when I walked in, then forced me to sit and watch tv with Kent and Marc. Kyle and Phoebe were still out in the front lounge doing... something.

The door to the back lounge opened again about twenty minutes later and Austin and Caleb walked in, Austin giving me a hug. I braced myself for greeting Caleb, but Kyle saved me from even looking at him by running back and screaming, “FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!”

I followed the pack out of the bus and we walked off down the street. I hung back with Jonathan at my side.

“Where should we eat?” Phoebe yelled from up front, “It doesn't look like there are many palces around here,” She frowned and everyone kept an eye out for anyplace that served food and looked open.

“How about there?” I asked, pointing at a pizzeria tucked away in a little corner.

“Yes! I love pizza!” Phoebe agreed, and the band all chimed in their agreements. We all piled in to the restaurant and got in line to order our food.

“I'll have the three cheese,” I said, watching as the man behind the counter put my pizza in the oven to warm up.

“That'll be $6.94,” He said. I pulled out my debit card and tried to hand it to him, but he gave me a disapproving look, “We don't take credit or debit,” He explained, and I sighed. I only had some change in my wallet, not nearly enough to pay for lunch.

“Hey guys, do you have any extra cash?” I asked the group in general, and everyone pulled out their wallets and just shook their heads slowly.

“Sorry Paige,” Marc said from my side.

“That's okay guys, I'll just, um, go see if I can find an ATM,” I said, ready to apologize to the guy behind the counter when a voice spoke up from behind me.

“Hey, ring her up together with me,” Caleb said, stepping forward and holding out a twenty dollar bill for the man to take. I watched in shock as he made change and handed over our food to Caleb, who walked off to a large table by the window. He sat down in the middle and I cautiously took the seat next to him.

“Thanks so much Caleb, you really didn't have to do that. I'll pay you back as soon as I can find an ATM, I promise,” I said, blushing, and he turned to look at me.

“Hey, forget about it. It's just lunch, no big deal,” He said with a smile, handing me my soft drink then quickly standing up, “I think I'll go to the bathroom. Be right back.”

He retreated to the back of the restaurant, leaving me to munch on my pizza and try to digest his actions. I realized as the rest of the group joined the table that Caleb may have just done something nice for me, but he was definitely avoiding being alone with me. Well, he couldn't avoid me forever. I'd just have to wait for the opportune moment to corner him and make him talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
More frustrating.

Please comment. We don't get a lot of those.