Light In The Darkness

THIRTEEN

On April 5th, Cole and I were in the church about to be married in the church where my parents were buried. Les said that that was gloomy, but I felt closer to them doing it that way. Cole was happy as well. "How you doing, honey?" Kim asked from behind me. I turned to her and smiled.
"I'm great," I said and looked at my reflection in the mirror. "Slightly nervous, but wonderful."
"You look beautiful," she smiled. We were having a small ceremony. We only had about 30 guests between us, most of the Cole's old friends from school, but I was happy. My dress was cream and off the shoulder. I had elbow length cream gloves and thought I looked good. My hair was loosely curled and tied on top of my head with a white ribbon.

I smiled as I looked into the mirror. I'm getting married and I can see. I don’t think there is anything that could make me happier. At 11.30 Kim held my hand tightly. "You ready, sweetie?" she asked and I turned to her and nodded.
"I'm ready," I smiled. Kim went to the door and opened it and Les walked in as she walked out.
"Oh, Lauren, you look..." he trailed off as he gazed at me. I smiled.
"Thanks, Les," I smiled and smoothed down my smooth skirt.
"You look beautiful," he finished and I smiled. "I'm so happy for you, honey." I smiled and hugged him tightly.
"Thank you," I smiled. "For everything. Thank you."
"You're welcome, honey, of course," he smiled, tears in his eyes. "Oh, look at me, crying already and we're not even in the service yet." I laughed and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

We left the dressing room and moved into the entrance to the church. "You ready?" Les asked and I nodded as the doors were opened and Cole was revealed standing at the front of the church.
"I was born ready," I smiled and we walked slowly down the aisle. As I moved closer to Cole I looked into his eyes and saw all the joy and pleasure in them and was sure the same emotions were reflected in my own eyes. I smiled at him and didn't look away from his eyes. Les and I got to the front of the church and Les kissed my cheek and then I went and stood next to Cole. He took my hand and smiled at me.
"You look beautiful," he whispered and I smiled.
"Thank you," I whispered back. Even though Les and Kim had both told me that, it felt...better coming from Cole. My heart flipped in my chest and we turned towards the minister.

He smiled at us and welcomed the congregation, but I tuned most of it out as I thought. I was getting married! To Cole! I grinned and Cole squeezed my hand. I turned to him and he smiled back at me. "Cole," the minister said. "Repeat after me. 'I, Cole, take you, Lauren.'"
"I, Cole, take you, Lauren," Cole said, staring down into my eyes.
"To be my wedded wife."
"To be my wedded wife." I smiled at him.
"To have and to hold from this day forward."
"To have and to hold from this day forward." Tears pricked in my eyes.
"For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer."
"For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer." My heart started racing.
"In sickness or in health."
"In sickness or in health." My knees felt weak.
"To love and cherish till death do part us."
"To love and cherish till death do part us." My breathe caught in my throat.
"And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."
And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness." Cole smiled and then slid the gold wedding band onto my finger next to my engagement ring. My eyes pricked with tears but I was grinning.

"Lauren, repeat after me," the minister said and I repeated the vows and slid Cole's wedding band onto his finger. Cole smiled at me and held my hand. "I know pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride," the minister smiled. I grinned and turned to Cole, who then kissed me tenderly. I pulled away and smiled up at him. He took my hand and we walked down the aisle together as man and wife.

As soon as we were outside the doors Cole pulled me against him tightly and kissed me deeply. "I love you so much," Cole said softly and I smiled.
"I love you, too," I said. Cole pulled me to the white car that was pulled up outside the church and we got in. We had the reception at Cole's house, with Les and Kim in charge of locking up once it was over. We had our first dance as husband and wife in Cole's back garden, where a band had been placed. We danced to 'I Believe My Heart' and I grinned up at Cole. "Did you ask them to play this?" Cole smiled and leant his cheek against mine.
"Your favourite song?" he whispered in my ear and I pressed myself against him tighter.
"Forever," I smiled and closed my eyes and danced with Cole and everything else vanished.

A few songs later Les asked if he could cut in and Cole nodded, a soft smile on his lips. I smiled as Cole went and found Kim and danced with her. "I've never seen you this happy," Les said as we danced.
"I don’t think I've ever been this happy," I smiled. Les smiled at me and we danced for the rest of the song and then I was back in Cole's arms. I rested my head against his shoulder and just revelled in the comfort and security of being in his embrace.

At 3.30 we left for the airport. As it was the holidays Cole wasn’t at work. We spent our honeymoon in Italy and it couldn’t have been more perfect. I got to take in all the sites, even though I spent most of the time looking at Cole.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter i think and then i have finished this story.
*tear*
i love this story, its very cute. haha.

anyway, i'd love to hear what u think!! pls comment or message me!!