What The Devil Doesn't Know

9

I shouldn't have liked coke that much. I'd always thought it seemed over rated. But now. Now that I had actually tried it, all I ever wanted was that perfect, euphoric, I-am-invincible, high. At first it was great. Mickey had all the connections and I got all the coke I wanted. But then Mickey ran out of money. And then I ran out of money. And as you can imagine, not having money while you're developing a nasty little coke habit isn't fun. I tried to work odd jobs. Waitressing, running errands for people, I even babysat a few kids. How I got that last one, I have no clue. Would you employ me to watch your kids? I didn't think so. Anyway, I needed a way to get money so I could get coke. Mickey had stolen a lot of money, and a lot of coke. But that wasn't for me. I'll do almost anything, but I won't steal.

One day, we were at Johnathan's club, discussing our options with him, when a group of guys walked in. It was before hours, and they obviously weren't here for a party. One off the guys started to approach me. He was a short guy, and really muscular. He kind of reminded me of a hyper little bulldog.

"Are you the Rotten girl?" He asked. I'd changed my name since I'd gotten here. I liked Kendall Lydon better.

"That depends." I said. He smiled.

"I'm Mike. And I guess you're wondering who these guys are..."

"A little bit. Yeah." I'd become really impatient. He needed to leave me alone so I could solve my coke money problem.

"Well," He began, "we are The U.N.K." The U.N.K was a gang in our area. Underground Nazi Killers. All I really knew about the group was that they wanted to rid Nazi punks from the scene. They were kind of an equivalent to F.S.U. here. I personally thought the whole purpose was quite hypocritical. But I started listening. You don't fuck with U.N.K. guys.

"We heard you were looking for work. Well look no further."

Mike went on to explain to me how I could have a part in The U.N.K. There were no women in the group AT ALL. And that remained a rule, because what the gang did was, "far to violent for a woman", he said. But he told me his plan, to use me as a decoy Nazi punk, and lure some real ones into U.N.K. territory, so the gang could jump them. As soon as the fight began, I was to walk away. And the next day $1000 dollars would be in my hand. Of course I agreed. How could I refuse? My first job was tomorrow night at the club across the street, and I was to be there at exactly 10:00 P.M.
Well I had a job now. And a steady one at that.
Excellent.