Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 12

"Tell me again why the fuck we had to have the baby shower here last night?" Zacky questioned again a few weeks later as he picked up yet another handful of pink and purple streamers before tossing them into the trash bag he had been carrying around. I placed my magazine on my now very large bump before turning to stare at him. He had slight sweat beads on his forehead and the sides of his hair were sticking to his face. I felt bad he was left with the cleaning but had he waited a few more hours and there would be more help. Val and Michelle were set to come over and help clean but Zacky insisted on getting it done in the morning so he could take me to the beach for a relaxing day.

"Because babe, everyone didn't want me to have to travel to a different house. And you, my dear, said it was alright." I picked my magazine back up just in time to hear him groan in frustration.

"Yeah well I didn't think a baby shower could possibly turn the house upside down. But I should have known. Anything that Leana plans is bound to be out of control." His grumbles echoed through the room lightly as he continued to pick up streamers and now flat balloons off of the ground.

"Baker did I just hear you insult my parties?" Zack straightened up and turned quickly to face Leana who had just entered the house with Lacey in tow. Her hands were placed on her hips in only a fashion that Leana could get away with. She stood awaiting Zack's answer and he seemed to be thinking about what to say.

"You bet your ass I did. I'm stuck with this fucking mess so I can't take my wife to the beach to relax." He scowled in her direction as he threw a wad of streamers at her.

"Well you can stop your whining bitch. Lacey and I are here to take over so you two can go." She snatched the bag from Zack before smacking his head lightly. He stuck his tongue out at her before rubbing his head with his left hand as he made his way over to where I was still lying down.

I grinned as he grabbed my hands that I outstretched to him to take. He pulled gently and helped me sit up on the cushions that now sunk twice as far as they usually did. Bending down, he wrapped an arm around my waist and helped me stand up all of the way.

"We'll be back down in a few minutes. Don’t burn the house down." Zack told the girls.

"Oh come on Zack. Give us more credit than that. We wouldn’t burn it down with you guys in it; we'd wait until after you leave!" I chuckled at Leana as Zacky helped me upstairs and toward out bedroom. I tugged on his arm lightly as we passed the nursery and just had to stop and marvel at it for a moment.

The guys' parents and Mattie sure had done a wonderful job with it. The walls were a light purple and had hand painted shooting stars in a rainbow of colors all over it. The crib was a simple white wooden one and had purple bedding placed inside. There was a black reclining rocking chair placed in the corner and a small white bench under the window that had purple cushions on it. A changing table was placed against the wall and all of the other small necessities were placed strategically throughout the room. Overall it was a beautiful room and I couldn't wait until there was a little someone to call it home.

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I placed my hand that wasn't wrapped around Zack's waist onto my stomach. "I can't wait Zack." I whispered lightly as he too stared into the room.

"Me too babe. Me too." I stared up at him lovingly as he grinned down at me and our lips met in a small tender kiss.

I allowed Zacky to finish leading me into our bedroom and into the closet. He went to his side and pulled out his board shorts while I snagged the bikini he had picked up for me. I still wasn't sure about wearing one while I was pregnant but Zacky insisted. I went over and sat on the edge of the bed while I pulled my shirt over my head and folded it. Zacky stripped his shorts off and then removed his boxers before replacing them with his board shorts. I reached around back as I watched him and unclasped my bra letting it fall to the floor before grabbing the swim suit top. I pulled it on over my head and adjusted it on my now huge boobs. Once it felt right I stood up and pulled my sweats off before folding them and adding them to the pile. I wiggled out of my underwear next and proceeded to pull on the bottoms. Zacky had been watching me and I was instantly growing more uncomfortable as he looked on. I hope I didn't look too funny like this.

Sensing my discomfort he came over to me and ran his hands down my arms. "You look sexy." He assured me gently. I sighed and nodded hoping he was telling the truth. He handed me my black cover-up that I made him buy me and I slid it on over my head. Now finished getting changed Zacky helped me back downstairs where I put my flip flops on while he grabbed a few beach chairs for us along with some towels.

He yelled goodbye to Leana and Lacey and mentioned something about seriously not burning the house down as he bent down to pet Ichabod goodbye. They yelled bye back and I followed Zacky out of the house and over to the small black bmw he had gotten me not long ago. It was sort of an 'I'm sorry for tour being so crappy' gift. Zacky had already fit the car seat for little Tevan into the back seat a few days ago and it was ready for her whenever she decided to make her grand appearance.

The ride was pretty quiet except for my breathing. I had been advised to practice my breathing skills every chance I got and was currently just trying to take deep breaths. Zacky had one hand on the steering wheel while his other remained firmly on my stomach. Zacky had, amazingly enough, still never felt the baby kick and he was determined to do so before she popped out. Every time I would mention it he would place his hand to try and feel her kick or move but she never did again. He was so disappointed about the entire thing.

We arrived not even five minutes later and Zacky hopped out of the car before coming around to help me out as well. He took such good care of me lately. Once I was out he grabbed the chairs and I insisted I take the towels. Once the car was locked we headed out into the sand. Zack had a protective arm around my waist to help steady me on the uneven sand that constantly moved when you stepped in it.

We found a spot somewhat away from the other crowds of people and Zacky laid the towels out and unfolded the chairs for us to sit in. He helped me into one before his eyes widened and he groaned. "Fuck. I left the water bottles in the car. Will you be alright while I run back and get them?"

"Yeah I will be. I don't think I'll be going anywhere." I chuckled while he nodded and took off running back toward the car.

I stared out at the water for a moment before I heard footsteps approach me. Turning sideways I spotted a girl who looked to be around sixteen years old walking up to me. She looked shy and sort of apprehensive about coming over.

"Hi." She said quietly. Her blonde hair was hiding half of her face and she had her hands shoved into her pockets.

"Hello." I replied.

"I just have a question."

"Alright." I tried my best to be polite and couldn’t help but notice how her demeanor reminded me of myself before I had met the guys.

"Are you Katie? Zacky V's wife by any chance?" My cheeks rose in a grin as her brown eyes met mine for the first time.

"That I am. Would you like to meet Zack? He'll be back in a minute."

"Oh! No that's alright. I don't want to bother you two. I just wanted to tell you how much I admire you and loved how you sang on the new record with Matt. You're really gorgeous and a very lucky woman."

"Why thank you hun. I appreciate that. Are you sure you don't want to say hi to Zack? He's coming back now actually." I said as I saw Zacky approaching with two water bottles in his hands.

I saw her face become nervous but she just nodded shyly. "I'm Crystal by the way."

"Well then nice to meet you hun." I grinned over her shoulder at Zacky who was looking curiously at the nervous girl.

"Hey there." He greeted as he placed the bottles in the sand between the two chairs.

"Hi. I'm Crystal. I was just wanting to tell Katie how awesome she is. And you too of course. You guys are my favorite band." She stumbled over her words lightly making me grin reassuringly at her.

"Awesome! Thanks! It's always cool to meet a fan. Do you live around here?" Zacky asked as he shook her hand. Her eyes widened as she looked down at her hand before glancing back up and meeting his eyes.

"Um yeah. I live here. I go to Huntington High actually."

"Ahh that lovely shithole. Sucks doesn’t it?" She laughed lightly as she nodded.

"Yeah. It does. Well I'll let you guys go. It was cool meeting you."

"You too hun. Maybe we'll see you around." She nodded and waved to both Zack and I before trotting off back to where I could now spot her family hanging out.

"She was a sweet girl. Very unlike most of the other ones that dare to approach us." Zack commented as he sat down beside me in his other chair.

"Yeah she was. She reminds me of myself a bit when I was younger." I said as I grabbed Zack's hand and placed it back on my stomach when I felt Tevan start moving around.

His eyes wandered to the bump and watched intently. I felt her shift and quickly moved Zack's hand over the spot just in time for her to kick the place where his hand was now resting. I grinned as I looked over and saw his eyes wide as saucers.

"Holy fuck! That was her!" He yelled as he jumped out of his chair and kneeled in front of me. His head leaned down and he placed a kiss on my stomach as he grasped it in his hands.

"Thank you baby girl. Thank you." He murmured against the tough skin that protected our baby. I giggled lightly as his breath tickled my skin while he spoke.

"Hey Zack? Can I lay down on the sand?" I asked as I looked down at him while he still was trying to find another spot of movement on my belly.

He looked up at me and smirked slightly. "Only if you strip down to the bikini." I groaned at his request but still pulled the cover up and over my head so that I was now just in my bikini. Zack stood up with a triumphant grin and helped pull me up before allowing me to sit down on one of the rainbow colored towels that lay out.

I let out a relaxing sigh as the suns rays fell upon my skin. It was pretty warm out today and I was extremely thankful for the warmth. Zacky peeled off his shirt and let out a sigh of contentment before he laid down beside me.

I tucked my arms behind my head as I placed my sunglasses on over my eyes to protect then from the bright sun.

"I love days like today." Zack commented as he tucked his arm under my head and let it act as my pillow while his hand rested on my shoulder. I turned my head slightly so I could see his face.

"Me too." I grinned as I turned back and closed my eyes.

It was so relaxing just being able to lay there and not have a worry go through my head.

As I thought about what life would be like in the future, a pain went through my lower abdomen and my eyes widened. My head shot up and I let out a scream as another pain coursed through my body. Zacky shot up from his position and we both looked down to see that there was now a wet spot on the towel.

"Zack. I think my water just broke." I groaned in slight pain as I propped myself up. I faced him and his eyes widened for a split second before he started freaking out.

"Holy fuck! Holy fucking shit! We've gotta go!"

I shut my eyes as I winced in pain as he picked me up and ran with me to the car leaving our things behind. I wasn't even buckled in properly before he went tearing off down the PCH toward the hospital. He whipped out his cell phone as I grasped the handle above me and tried to work on my breathing. I was vaguely aware of him talking to Brian and telling him to send someone to get our things from the beach, send someone else to get our bags from the house, and finally for the remainder of the people to get their asses to the hospital because he was going to be a fucking dad!

I continued to moan and groan until we arrived and Zacky swung up in front of the hospital before jumping out and taking me again into his arms. The doors swung open and he went running in telling the receptionist that my water broke and I was going into labor.

Zacky was slowly starting to panic as they brought out a stretcher and he set me on it.

"And you are sir?" The doctor asked as Zacky remained glued to my side with me grasping his hand tightly.

"Her husband." He replied shortly. They wheeled me into a room in the maternity ward and got me changed and situated in the bed before leaving saying a nurse would be in shortly to finishe getting things situated and get the IV's started.

"I'm scared Zack." I whispered as I waited for another contraction to hit.

"Me too babe. Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooh boy! and here the fun begins! woo! lol. so this chapter was sorta filler but it leads into something bigger... obviously lol.

for those of you that don't already know... i've got a Matt story out now. here's the link if you want to check it out!
My Fears Burn While You're Around

thanks for comments go out to...

Vengeance.Girl.
A7X-Gc-luver
MissLis
Darkness_Surrounding
perfectionist326
evencrayonslaughatme
lisha_reading_music <-- special thanks for your comment! that so made my day!
You.Found.Me
the_never_ending
CKY:TightTushZealot
House_of_Syn
Just.Listen

wow that's alot! i'm glad you guys are all sticking with this. sometimes i feel like i'm just dragging it on without really having a set plot. if i ever do that just let me know please!