Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 13

"I need more morphine." I grumbled in pain as I constantly pressed the little button on the morphine drip. Even if it was doing no good since it only released a set amount I still felt like pressing the button was a good idea.

Another contraction swept through me and I groaned and screamed lightly. Zacky was over in a flash and was grabbing my hand for him to squeeze until it stopped. In between contractions he was either sitting by my side talking to me or pacing the room anxiously. I had apologized profusely for the hand that I knew would be sore after all of this. He reassured me each and every time and told me that every minute of it would be worth it in the end. We had been here for seven hours already and I was tired of these damn contractions.

The gang had all arrived in a flurry not long after we got here and they were all holed up in one of the big waiting rooms that was specifically for the maternity ward. Thankfully it was complete with a television and plenty of chairs for them all. I think it looked like a party was going on in there. Amongst the group were also Zacky's parents, Brian's parents, and Matt's parents. Zacky's mom had been on the phone with my mother for most of the day I had been told that my mom had booked a flight that would get her in here later tonight.

Every now and then a nurse would come in and check to see how Zack and I were doing. They would check my dilation and make sure my morphine drip was still full and working. I had been poked and prodded more so now than ever before but at the moment I was in too much pain to care. I had little patches taped to me and had a few IV's running into my veins for the time being.

I released my firm grip on Zack's hand but still kept my own inside of his. "I love you." He told me as he grinned.

"I love you too. And I just want you to know… that anything I say while getting our baby girl out I probably won't mean so please don't get mad." A chuckle emerged deep in his throat as he rubbed his thumb over my hand lightly.

"I won't. I honestly won't be surprised if you start cussing me out for getting you pregnant." I laughed a little bit but it triggered another contraction making me wince and grit my teeth.

The door opened and the young brunette doctor that would be doing the delivery came in. She smiled at the two of us before looking back at her clipboard. "Well Mrs. Baker if you're dilated all the way this time then we can go ahead and start the delivery." I grinned as far as I could with the contraction pains still hitting.

"Mr. Baker if you'd like to go change into these scrubs then you can stay in here. You might want to let your friends know what is going on as well. The last time I walked by I heard one of them had tried to sneak a six pack of beer into the waiting room. I believe it was the tall lanky guy." Zacky gave me a knowing look and we both snickered knowing that Jimmy would definitely be the one to try a stunt like that.

"I'm so sorry about him. He gets antsy easily." She just nodded and told him it was no problem. Zacky grabbed the stack of black scrubs and gave me a smile before leaving quickly through the door.

"I'm sorry about our friends. They're quite the rowdy bunch sometimes." I said as she began to check my dilation once more.

"Oh hun it's quite alright. It just shows how much you two are loved since they are all here for you both. You're going to be very lucky to have so many people to help out with little Tevan at night. Typically the parents don't get a lot of sleep at all. My guess is that you and Zack will fair pretty well in that area with everyone else around to help out." She was right and I had already known that. That was only one of the many perks of having a giant family to help out.

"Well it looks like you're all set. Let me go grab the rest of the nurses and we'll wait for your husband to come back before we begin." I let out a shaky breath, suddenly really nervous about all of this. I closed my eyes as I heard the door open and looked to see the nurses all filing in with Zacky in tow.

Small giggles escaped my mouth at the sight of him in scrubs instead of his usual badass clothes. His grin was so bright and he was clearly extremely excited. But through his excitement I could also sense his nerves. His eyes moved a little bit too much and every now and then his left arm would twitch, which was a nervous habit of his.

"Alright here is how things will go. Mr. Baker if you would stand above your wife's head and grab her hands. Then Mrs. Baker every time we tell you to push we need you to give it your all alright? Just don't pass out on us here." I nodded and scrunched my face up as a very powerful contraction came over me. Zacky stepped up behind me and grabbed my hands as he leaned down and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"You ready babe?"

"I think so." I cringed and let out a loud scream as pain shot through my body.

"Alright Katie give us a good push and don't forget your breathing techniques."

It seemed like I was pushing for hours. I had never experienced so much pain in my entire life. In my head I was mentally cursing Eve for bearing this pain on us while verbally I was cussing Zacky out just like he had said.

"Zacky Baker! You are never sticking your dick in me ever again!" I screamed as I dug my nails into his flesh subconsciously.

A scream echoed mine and they told me to give one more final push which I did.

Any and all pressure left my lower regions as the cries of little Tevan echoed through the room. I flopped back on the bed and looked up at Zacky as the nurses cleaned up our baby girl.

Tears began falling from my eyes as I stared into Zacky's as he came around to my side. He grasped my now sweaty face and placed an intense kiss on my lips. "You did it babe." He whispered as he pulled away. I turned to see a grinning nurse now holding a little pink bundle in her arms.

"Here you go mommy. Little Tevan Jade Baker." I held my arms out as the tears still freely flowed from my eyes. She placed the small crying bundle into my arms and I stared down in joy at the little girl that was now looking up at me.

"Shhh little girl. It's alright. Mommy's here." I cooed lightly. Little green eyes looked up at me. Her lip quivered slightly before she stopped crying. "Oh my gosh Zacky. She's got your eyes and my hair." I glanced up at Zack who was now sitting in a chair by my side. Crystal tears were falling from his eyes and were now smearing his eyeliner. His grin never left his face as he stared at our daughter in pure amazement.

I had never felt such joy in my life before. The mere thought that it was both Zacky and I that created this little bundle of joy was enough to send fresh tears spilling from my eyes yet again. She was such a gorgeous creation and I was going to thank God for her every single day of my life. I finally now had a little girl of my own and I already loved her to death and would do anything for her. It was easy to tell Zacky felt the same way.

"She's so beautiful. Just like her mommy. Fuck she's gorgeous." I grinned as one of the nurses came over and took her from me before transferring her in Zack's awaiting arms. His jaw dropped open slightly as a small yawn escaped her lips.

"Hey baby girl." His soft voice cooed her gently as he rocked her slowly in his arms. "You are going to be a daddy's girl aren't you? Yes you are. And I'm not letting your uncles anywhere near you. They're going to spoil you rotten before I get the chance too and I can't have that happen."

Zacky let out a sniffle as his eyes remained fixed on our little girl. He was going to be a great dad. I just knew it.

Tevan was passed between he and I for around an hour before the nurses suggested we have her go into the nursery for a bit so the rest of the crew could go see her and come in to see us. Reluctantly, Zacky handed her over after making the nurse promise that she would be taken good care of. The second she was out of Zacky's arms her screams started back up again and it made me start crying again. I didn't want her to be sad.

Zack and I watched as they gently placed her in one of the little cart things and wrapped a blanket around her before wheeling her out of the room. The doctor came over and went over the things such as how much she weighed, her length, and other things that would be on the birth certificate before handing it to Zacky and I to both sign. She explained that Tevan would be brought back in later this evening so that she could sleep in the room with the two of us.

"Mr. Baker you might want to go get changed out of those and give the good news to your friends that they can come in now. We'll help get Katie settled again. We'll move her into room 202 for the evening. It's a private room for the three of you." Zack and I both thanked her for helping and being so kind before she scurried from the room.

"I'll go tell everyone and meet you in the new room alright?"

"Ok. Sounds good." He bent over and placed yet another kiss on my lips before pulling away.

"I love you so fucking much. You're going to be a great mom." I grinned.

"I love you too. And you're going to be an incredible dad. I just know it." He winked and left the room in a hurry with his black scrubs hanging low on his hips. I shook my head at that before turning to the last nurse who was left.

"Alright dear. Let's get you cleaned up and in a new set of clothes. Is this your bag here?" The middle aged nurse asked as she held up one of our black duffle bags that had the death bat logo on them. I chuckled and nodded lightly.

"Yes that's it."

"That's an interesting logo." She said as she opened it and pulled out my sweats and one of Zacky's tee's for me.

"Oh yes. I know. It's actually the logo for my husband's band." I said as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Oh alright. That makes more sense now." I laughed slightly because my whole body was still aching pretty badly. She carefully helped me into my change of clothes after having me wipe down with some damp towels. She told me that I would be pretty sore for a few hours but that tonight I would probably be alright to shower if I felt like it. Once I was dressed in the sweats and one of Zacky's many Jack Daniels tee's she helped me into a wheel chair and wheeled me out of the room and down the hall to a more privately located room that was situated at the end of the hall.

It was very much like the previous room I had just been in but this one had more of a homey feel to it. There were more chairs and the bed looked a bit comfier if that was at all possible for hospital beds. There was a small bassinet type bed next to the one that I would be in that Tevan could sleep in tonight. I noticed a small cot against the wall and was thankful that Zacky could stay the night with me.

Once I was situated in the bed with a blanket pulled over me I leaned it up so I was sitting up and watched out the door for the others to get here. As I shifted my legs I became even more aware of the aching pain that was still coursing through my core.

Just as I closed my eyes and thinking about how empty my arms felt with Tevan in them I was vaguely aware of the crowd of people that were practically running toward the room. They all looked like a blur to me as they came storming in.

"Katie!"

"Holy fuck that baby is adorable."

"Did it hurt?"

"Did Zacky faint?"

"I heard you screaming at Zack."

Leana smacked Jimmy in the back of the head for his last comment that came shortly after the mass that came before it from everyone else.

"I told you guys. I didn't fucking faint." Zacky said stubbornly as he came into the room with our bags in his hand.

"Yeah but I want to hear a second opinion." Brian insisted.

"He didn't faint guys." I said as I yawned with my eyes closed.

"Ha! Fuckers. Pay up bitches." All of the guys grumbled before pulling out a twenty from each person and handing them over to Johnny.

As I became fully aware of each and every person I also noticed that there were about ten different balloons now floating at the ceiling with sayings of congratulations on them with various pictures of teddy bears and baby bottles.

"All I have to say Katie, is you and Zack sure made one hell of an adorable little girl."

I smiled wide at Michelle as she sat down on Brian's lap in a chair. Most of the girls were on the laps of their boyfriends so that the parents could all sit down as well.

"She's perfect." Zacky said as he came over and crawled onto the bed beside me. He wrapped his arm around me and let me rest my head on his shoulder. I smiled as he kissed my cheek lightly. I was starting to feel incredibly tired.

"I'm so happy for you two. It's about time baby Vengeance came along." Matt said as he flashed us his dimples. "So now we have the Vengeance family." He added as an after thought.

"So you guys went by and saw her?" I asked with a small smile as I cuddled up into Zack's side.

"She's quite the cutie." Jimmy said seriously for once.

"She's going to have all the boys all over her and Zacky will be chasing them away with a baseball bat." Brian laughed.

"Damn right." Zack piped in his response.

I let out yet another yawn and this time when I closed my eyes I felt sleep consume me thanks to the pain medications.

Zacky's pov

Deep breathing became audible from beside me and I turned to see Katie was knocked out. I turned back to everyone else that was watching us and gave an apologetic smile.

"Sorry guys."

"Oh don't worry hun. I bet she's more exhausted than she's been in her life." Val said as she shifted slightly in her spot on Matt's lap.

"She did good though. I'm so proud of her. I only got threatened once during the delivery." The guys all laughed quietly at this while the girls looked amazed.

"Only once?" Lacey voiced.

"Yeah. She told me my dick was never going into her again. Which we all know is a lie of course." I reached down with my free hand and pulled the blanket up further around Katie so she would stay warm.

"How was it holding Tevan for the first time?" Michelle asked.

"I'd have to say it was one of the best feelings of my life. I underestimated the joy of holding my daughter. It's weird knowing that I helped create her. But I honestly don't think I've ever been happier in my life, except for the day Katie and I got married."

"Aww Zacky's gone soft on us!" Johnny joked.

"Hey you will too when you have kids." I smiled lightly.

Katie shifted slightly and slung her arm across my torso as she clung to me tightly.

A small knock came from the door and it opened to reveal my mother along side of Katie's mom. The two of them stepped in and I grinned as I saw tears glistening in their eyes.

My mom looked like she wanted to run over and hug me but then saw how Katie was passed out partly on top of me. "Oh Zack." She gushed as she instead turned and hugged Katie's mom.

"I can't believe I'm a grandma!" She wailed as Carmen started to sob as well. Matt stood up and brought over two chairs for the two of them to sit in so they could collect themselves. I would have gotten up and hugged the both of them but I wanted to let Katie sleep as much as she could right now. After I verbalized that quietly they both waved it off and told me to let the poor girl sleep.

"Did you two go by the nursery to see her?" I questioned lightly. Despite the sobs, all I got were two head nods amongst the tears. I rolled my eyes slightly knowing that my mom could be so over dramatic sometimes.

"So Zack, excited for the first diaper change?" Brian asked as he snickered, earning a sharp smack on the arm from Michelle.

"Dude, honestly, it may be gross as fuck but this is my little girl we're talking about here. And I bet you guys will even be in on the fun at times too so don't think you're getting out of it." I pointed out as Brian seemed to realize what I had said was right.

Katie's grip suddenly tightened around me and she whimpered a little before shifting ever so slightly. I looked down to see her eyes open a little bit as she groaned.

"Zacky." She asked as she glanced up at me with small tears evident in her eyes.

"Yeah babe? What's wrong?" I reached up under her eye and wiped away one of the tears that had managed to escape.

"I think I need more pain medication. I'm really sore and it's really hurting. Can you call a nurse please?" I nodded before reaching over and pressing the call button on the side of the bed for her. I was sure feeling bad she felt so sore.

Katie's pov

I rolled over in pain and saw that everyone was still here and that we in fact had now added the addition of our mothers.

"Hey mom." I grinned as I watched my mother get up and walk over to me. She gingerly wrapped her arms around me and just held me close. When she pulled back she held my face in her hands and started crying.

"I can't believe my baby is a mom now."

"Me too mom."

"Mrs. Baker? What can we do for you?" The nurse asked as she entered the room.

"Can I get some more pain medication please?" I gave her a hopeful look really praying that she would say yes and not that it wasn't time for more just yet.

"Sure thing." She stated and turned for the door. "By the way, visiting hours are almost over. When everyone leaves we'll bring Tevan in here for you two."

"Thank you." Zack told her for us.

"Mom where are you staying?" I questioned as I realized that we never spoke about where she would stay.

"Oh hun I'm staying with Sarah and Mike. You and Zacky can enjoy that little girl as much as you can tonight."

The chatter started to die down and soon people were starting to stand up. I knew they would all be around the house tomorrow. Tevan and I would both be discharged tonight if everything went smoothly which I was hoping it would.

I received hugs from each and every person and even got a small kiss on the forehead from each of the guys. Zacky received the same, minus the kiss of course and they were all ushered from the room by the nurse that had come back in with my medicine. I swallowed the pills extremely quickly, wanting to get them into my system as soon as possible.

"Mrs. Baker, I've been told that Tevan is hungry. We'll bring her in shortly and then we'll just leave her in here for the evening if that's alright."

"Of course it is. Thank you Stephanie." She smiled and left before I turned to Zacky and saw he had a sad frown on his face.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked hoping he was alright. I couldn’t imagine what he could be upset over.

"This means I have to share your boobies doesn’t it." I burst out laughing at his fake pout and concern and hugged him even tighter around the middle.

"Yes Zack. You have to share. But I think Tevan needs them more than you do right now."

"True. They're still mine though. They'll always be mine." He said as he kissed me on the lips. "Just like you'll always be mine." I smiled into the kiss and groaned as we pulled away when little cries met our ears.

"Time to share I suppose." I could only laugh at Zacky as the nurse placed our little bundle of joy into my arms. I grinned as she looked up at me and stopped crying instantly.

I got her situated and started to nurse her as Zacky just huffed. "Not fair." He mumbled under his breath.

"Zacky stop." I chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

"I can’t help it if I'm jealous that our little girl gets to suck your tits."

"Zack." I scolded.

"Alright, alright. It's ok. I know I get the better end of the deal in the end." He winked as I just rolled my eyes yet again.

Sometimes he was just too much, But I loved him with every bit in me.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww bout time eh? haha.
she's going to be such a cutie haha. i promise.

thanks for comments this time go around to...

Vengeance.Girl.
evencrayonslaughatme
You.Found.Me
cwustu89
LoveForDeathbat
CKY:TightTushZealot
lisha_reading_music
Darkness_Surrounding
MissLis
bloodravyn
Just.Listen
Dead!22

with a special thanks to Dead!22 for her totally awesome (and long) comment. i love it when i get all the little details about what you guys like. it totally makes me so happy!

thanks you all! <3