Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 15

"Zack!" I yelled through the house at my husband who was apparently ignoring me. I growled as I picked up a crying Tevan and carried her up the stairs toward the studio room where I knew he was. Ichabod was barking at my heels because he needed to go outside and Tevan didn’t like the barking apparently. On top of that, the pasta I had on the stove had boiled over and there was now water all over the floor and counter along with sauce that had splattered because I forgot about it. The laundry kept beeping at me letting me know that it needed to be hung up and the next load could go in.

The past few weeks I had been getting very little sleep and it was taking it's toll on both Zacky and I. Tevan constantly had one of us up at night and most of the time it was me because she was hungry.

It was safe to say I was losing it and fast.

"Zack!" I called once more as I reached the room to hear music blaring through the closed door. I gripped the handle and threw the door open making it hit the wall with force.

He was sitting with his back to me at the desk. He didn't even notice me come in due to the music. I stomped over to the stereo and pressed the power button, cutting off the music instantly. Zack turned to face me and I scowled at him.

"You get up off your ass and help me. You either take Ichabod outside or get Tevan to stop crying. And then I need your help in the kitchen to clean up the water that boiled over." He looked sort of annoyed and let me tell you I was not about to have any of that.

"Zack I can't do this by myself. I need help today." He rolled his eyes slightly which made me even madder but stood up anyway to help me. He took Tevan from my arms without saying a word and left the room. I stomped back out of the room and back downstairs where I picked up Ichabod who was still at my heels and marched him out back. I scowled as I set him down in the grass and then sat down myself on the porch steps. I rested my head in my hands and let a few tears of frustration fall from my eyes.

I was now seeing that having a baby was not as easy as it seemed to be. It took an incredible amount of work and patience. I don't know what had gotten into Zack but he was quite frankly pissing me off to no end. I couldn’t be super mom.

I pulled out my cell phone from my pocket and scrolled through my contacts until I landed on Val. Pressing dial I held the phone to my ear and listened for her to pick up. I groaned when it rang three times and then went to her voicemail.

"Hey Val it's me. I'm just having an off day so I just called to chat. Give me a call back if you can. Thanks." In between words she would be able to tell I had been crying from the small sniffles that I gave off. After I hung up Ichabod came running back at me and sat at my feet. I picked him up and held him as I scratched his ears.

"I don't know why your daddy is being a jerk Ichy. I can't be super wife for him all the time. He needs to help out more and not sit on his butt all day." He gave my cheek a slobbery lick making me laugh a little. "Let's go see if he's decided to act nice now." I stood up and carried him back inside where I set him back down on the carpet. He took of running and I made my way into the kitchen hoping Zacky would be there.

"Damn it Tevan!" I jumped slightly at his angry voice and saw the Tevan had just thrown up all over his black shirt. He had cleaned up the water and was now holding her at arms reach. He was slightly glaring at me as I took the stillcrying Tevan from him before he stormed out of the room and went upstairs to change. I pulled out my cell phone once more as I felt myself become close to tears. This time I dialed Michelle and Brian's house and got an answer.

"What can I do for the Baker residence on this lovely day?" Brian's voice filled the speaker of my phone.

"Brian, can Tevan and I come over? Zacky's in a bad mood and I just need to get away for a bit."

"Of course hun! Do you want me to come over and straighten him out?" He asked in a macho tone. I smiled some thankful that I could count on Brian to cheer me up.

"No it's ok. I think he just needs some time to sleep or something."

"Alright. Pack up the squirt and come on over."

"Thank you Bri."

"Anytime hun. See you soon." I hung up my phone and went over to put Tevan into her carrier. I picked up my purse and went upstairs with Tevan to tell Zack we were going out for a bit. I knocked lightly on the bathroom door and then pushed it open a little. Zack was just starting to pull a shirt on over his head but he stopped when he saw me standing there with Tevan. His eyes met my bloodshot ones and he could instantly tell I had been crying. His hard gaze softened when he took notice.

"Tevan and I are going over to Brian and Michelle's for a bit. You can get some sleep or something." I mumbled as I looked away from his gaze ashamed that I had been crying over something so minimalistic.

"Katie you don't have to leave." His voice held a pleading edge to it and I knew he was starting to regret his previous actions.

"It's fine Zack. We'll be back later." I picked up Tevan and was about to leave when he reached out and grabbed my arm. He turned me around and placed a light kiss on my forehead. I gave him a small smile before I turned and left the house with Tevan. I put her seat into the car and then took off for Brian's house that was only a few blocks away.

I pulled up into the driveway and wiped at my eyes once more. I sighed and got out before going around to the back and getting Tevan out too. Thankfully she was currently asleep. Zack and I had found that she tended to fall asleep whenever we took her in the car. It was actually a nice break to just drive around and let her sleep.

I went up and opened the door knowing they didn't expect me to knock. I set my purse down by the door and carried Tevan into the living room where I found Brian and Michelle sitting discussing something in a rather serious manner. I stopped thinking I was interrupting something but they both turned and grinned at me before getting up. Brian took Tevan's carrier from me to allow Michelle to engulf me in a hug. I sniffed some as she sat us both down on the ground. Tevan was calmly snoozing over in the corner of the room and Brian was nowhere to be found.

He entered from the kitchen a minute later with several cups of coffee, one of which was decaf since I was still nursing. I gave him such a grateful smile as he handed me the cup and sat down in one of the recliners opposite the couch.

"So what did Zacky do this time?" He questioned in a hushed voice so as not to wake up the sleeping child.

"He just had an attitude. It's been such a bad day. Tevan was crying because Ichy was barking because he wanted to go outside. The water in the kitchen boiled over and went everywhere and my pasta sauce splattered out of the pan while I was trying to get Tev to stop crying. The laundry needs to be done and I just can't do it all at once. When I went to get Zack to help he was upstairs with music blasting and glared at me when I told him I needed help. Neither one of us has gotten much sleep lately and we just don't get alone time anymore. I can't take it."

Michelle wrapped her arms around my shoulders as I let out a small whimper of sadness. I didn't like this side of Zacky.

"He looked sad when he saw how upset I was but he should have known I needed help. I can't do everything myself. It's just not possible for me."

"I know hun. I know. He just needs some time to calm down I think." I nodded at Michelle and let out another small cry as Tevan woke up and started crying. I didn't want to have to deal with this right now. I needed to get myself back in one piece first.

Brian sensed my frustration and stood up before picking Tevan up and rocking her back and forth. I sighed as I shrunk back into the couch before closing my eyes. I could really use a nap right about now.

As if reading my thoughts Brian turned to me and suggested I go lay down in one of the guest bedrooms for a bit. I yawned as I gratefully accepted the invitation knowing they would look after Tevan for me.

It felt like I slept for an extremely large amount of time when in reality it was only for about an hour. I let out a good sized yawn as I stretched my arms up over my head. I rolled off of the bed and left the room to find Brian playing with Tevan on a blanket on the floor. He was gently poking her stomach making her squirm and grin.

I'll never forget the day that we first saw her smile. Zack and I had been playing with her much in the same manner and she let out a squeal and grinned making both Zack and I grin in surprise. Zacky had actually yelled out in joy which was pretty funny to see.

When my thoughts revolved around Zack I found myself getting slightly upset again. We should probably head home to see if he's alright soon.

"So Zacky called." Brian told me when he noticed I was now present in the room.

"What did he say?" I asked hesitantly as Tevan let out another small giggle as Brian squeezed her small foot.

"He asked us to watch Tevan tonight so you and he could have some alone time. I think you both need it. He'll be here in about fifteen minutes to pick you up." I was sort of shocked that Brian was being so casual about this. Was he sure they could watch Tev all night? That was a lot of work.

"Brian are you sure?"

"Positive. You and Zack have some things to talk about so it'll be good for the both of you. Not to mention Michelle and I have no problems spoiling this little cutie for the night."

I chuckled lightly as he made a face at Tevan as she squealed with joy. Suddenly aware that I was going out with Zack for the evening I looked down at my attire and hoped I looked alright. I had on a jean skirt with black flip flops and a simple watermelon pink shade shirt. I loved the color because it made my blue tips look purple to the eye. Michelle walked into the room with a bottle for Tevan and must have noticed me looking at myself because she chose to comment on it.

"You look fine hun."

"Are you sure?" I questioned as I tugged at my shirt.

"I'm positive." She grinned as the doorbell rang. She winked at me before going to it already knowing who it was. I leaned down and picked up Tevan so I could say goodbye to her. She giggled some as I kissed her cheek and held her up high as she kicked her legs a little bit. Michelle returned with Zacky in tow. He had his hands shoved into his pockets and had a sheepish smile on his face. He looked sort of hesitant for a moment but when I gave him a smile he returned it. He came over and wrapped his arm around both me and Tevan. Tev squealed as Zack placed a kiss on her small cheek.

"Hey baby girl. I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. Daddy's sorry baby. You be good for Uncle Brian and Aunt Michelle alright? I'm going to go make up with your mommy."

"More like make out." Brian mumbled making Zacky turn and glare at him.

I also gave Tevan a kiss before handing her off to Michelle who then placed the bottle in her mouth to keep her distracted.

Zacky said something to Brian that I didn't hear before grabbing my hand gently and leading me out of the house after I retrieved my purse. We both climbed into his small black car and were silent for a few minutes.

The car pulled into the parking lot of Duke's on the beach not five minutes later. He and I climbed out and began walking in the sand for a few minutes before we went to eat. The sun was just setting and it was sort of helping to calm me down a bit.

Zack at one point grabbed my hand and stopped me walking so we were now standing just short of where the waves came up to as they crashed.

"Katie I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have acted like that. I know there really is no excuse for what I did but I suppose not getting enough sleep is one of the problems."

"Zack I think I've gotten less sleep than you have because I'm always the one up nursing her!" I said exasperatedly. He lowered his head slightly at my outburst.

"I know. I'm sorry. I really shouldn’t have acted like that."

"That's right. You shouldn’t have." I folded my arms over my chest in a frustrated manner.

"Look, I said I'm sorry. I can't help it if you've got the boobs she needs. I can't do a damn thing about it!" He said.

"Oh don't you even start with that! You could help out more! What about Ichabod? When was the last time you took him outside? And dinners? Do I always have to feed you every meal? I don't get your problem Zack! It's not that hard to help out around here!" I yelled as I threw my arms up.

"My problem is that I don't get to spend any time with you as my wife anymore! Not as the woman I married! I want you so bad and it seems like I never get to just enjoy being with you anymore!" He yelled back equally as pissed off.

"Then have me Zack! I'm all yours tonight!"

With that he grabbed me roughly around the waist and crashed his lips down on mine in a heated kiss that was filled with lust. My eyes rolled back as I moaned as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I tangled my hands into his hair and tugged gently earning a moan from him as well.

His hands went down to my butt and lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. He helped to hold me up as our lips continued to move against each other's.

"Oh Zacky." I groaned as we both pulled away slightly to catch our breathe. He rested his forehead against mine tenderly as our breathing mixed together.

"As much as I'd love to fuck you senseless right here and right now, I don't want to get arrested for indecent exposure. How about we finish this after dinner back at home?" He suggested as he continued to breathe heavily.

"I'm not sure I can wait that long." I pouted lightly as I ran my fingers through his messy hair.

"Well you're going to have to because we have reservations."

"I never thought I'd see the day when you tell me that I have to wait to have sex with you." I think had anyone else been in the same situation they would have fainted. This was really a first time for him.

"I know. Neither did I. But it'll add to the need in the long run." He gave my lips one final strong peck before setting me down so I was now standing on my own. We both turned around so we could head back to the restaurant. Zacky's arm was around my back and his hand was tucked into my back pocket. I followed his example but instead hooked one of fingers through one of his belt loops.

Dinner went incredibly smoothly. Zack and I both enjoyed ourselves immensely. We were able to work things out so that he would help out more when he sensed I was getting stressed. His way to cope with the stress was just to block everything out and he promised he wouldn’t do that anymore. We also both agreed that once a week we would get someone to watch Tevan so that we could go out to eat or something together. It was rather apparent that we both needed a break every now and then and since we had the people more that willing to watch her we needed to take advantage of that.

By the time we left I had had several glasses of wine and Zack had only drank one so that he could still drive us back home.

I had been teasing him the entire time and he was getting cranky from it. My hand had ventured too high on his thigh one time, another I had leaned over and bitten his ear, in which he almost sent us crashing into the center divider, and the last time I had purposefully rubbed against his manhood which thankfully was when we had pulled into the driveway so he couldn’t crash.

I giggled as Zacky hurried out of the car and ran over to pull me out before I could even put my hand on the handle. He promptly threw me over his shoulder and proceeded to run into the house and up the stairs to our bedroom.

I wasn’t even able to get a word in before he had removed not only his own clothing but mine as well. He climbed on top of me quickly and started to ravish my face as the best part of our heated night finally got started.

And the best part was that I knew it was only beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
i personally am extremely proud of this chapter! i sure hope you all love it as much as i do!
i am having an absolute blast with this story haha. i have so much planned! yay!

so yet again.... you guys are INCREDIBLE with the comments and i got tons of them. i smile at each one i get. you guys are so incredible.

CKY:TightTushZealot
musicxsavesxlives
You.Found.Me
Vengeance.Girl.
evencrayonslaughatme
V-Vengeance6661
LoveForDeathbat
Dead!22
bloodravyn
perfectionist326
Darkness_Surrounding
Just.Listen

thank you all so much for sticking with me on this!
<3