Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 17

"So where are we meeting David at again?" I questioned as I bounced Tevan up and down playfully on my lap. She was laughing and smiling while her small hands clapped together. Zacky set down my Starbucks coffee in front of me and took the chair that was across the table. On the way out of town we had decided to stop and grab a drink before our long day.

Zack took a sip of his iced drink and set it down before smiling at the two of us. "We're meeting him over in Santa Monica at a diner on the water. He said it's one of his favorite local joints and we shouldn't be bothered there." I nodded and sat Tevan on the edge of the table holding her around her waist still. I puckered up my lips and made a fish face earning a laugh from her, and also Zacky as well. He nearly choked on his coffee though. I shifted my gaze to him and gave him a glare. He patted his chest and coughed before furrowing his eyebrows innocently and looking down at his drink.

I shifted Tev so she was now facing Zacky and she squealed and held her arms out for him to take her. His face lit up as he took her into his arms and she giggled as he now made a face.

Mimicking him I falsely choked on my coffee only to earn a glare from him while I snickered.

"Alright. Be nice. I see your point." He grumbled as he kissed Tevan on the head with his pierced lips. I picked up my coffee and my purse and stood up along with Zacky as we headed to the car to finish our trip.

I cringed as Tevan started to wail while Zack tried to put her into her seat. I guess today it wasn't a comfort for her like it usually was. He tried cooing at her but she just continued to cry.

"Zack I'll sit in back with her." I told him after he got her struggling body into the seat. She held her arms out for him to take her again but he just bit the side of his lip and hopped in the driver's seat. He hated not being able to give her what she wanted. But sometimes, like right now, it was non-negotiable. Every time he had to put her in her crib and she started crying it just broke his heart. She had him wrapped around her little finger and we all knew it.

I was able to get her to calm down by the time we got to the diner. Obviously, it had been a long ride and I was pretty tired of having to entertain her. She had finally fallen asleep for a little bit and I breathed a sigh of relief as my head flopped back against the seat. I brought my hands up and rubbed my temples gently trying to get rid of my growing headache. You would think I would be used to the crying but I wasn't. Zacky, instead of opening the door that was on Tevan's side, came around to mine and squatted on the ground as he smiled at me.

He placed his hands on my thighs and leaned in to give me a peck on the lips. "Ready?" I let out a sigh and nodded. He took my hands and pulled me out of the car before he pulled me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he just held me by the waist. He knew I was uncomfortable with this. It was rather obvious I'd say.

If there was one thing Zacky now had down to a science it was reading my emotions. I don’t know how he did it but he always managed to read me like his favorite book. No words even needed to be said sometimes, he just knew and he always tried his best to comfort me depending on how I was feeling.

It was a sign of a good husband I'd say. He knew me better than anyone else.

Zacky pulled me in for a deep kiss as he placed his hands on the side of my cheek to cup my face with his calloused hands. It moved up and gently ran through my hair as we both pulled apart and grinned.

As he intertwined his fingers with mine I grabbed my purse and we went around to the other side to get the little munchkin out.

Zacky unbuckled her carrier from the seatbelt and carefully lifted it out before setting it on the back end of the car. I shut the door and watched as he placed her favorite purple blanket over her as she slept soundly. He placed our hands together once more and picked up the carrier before we turned and faced the diner.

David's Pov

This story was going to be huge. Front cover and all, it would be amazing.

I felt sad that Katie was so nervous. Zacky and I knew each other but I suppose I knew where she was coming from. Being the wife of a rockstar isn't easy when you've got jealous fans. And then when you add a daughter to the mix? It's easy to see why she was skeptical of letting their life out in the press like that. I had to make sure I stayed professional and friendly at the same time. I wasn't about to write a bad article about them but rather quite the contrary. People were going to be even more jealous of their lives once I was finished. They would get to see just how normal these guys possibly were.

As I glanced to my right I saw the couple heading in my direction with smiles on their faces. Zacky was carrying little Tevan's carrier and she looked to be sound asleep. I stood up on my feet to greet them.

"Hey man." Zack said to me after placing the baby carrier on a chair. We shook hands and then I turned to do the same with Katie. Her eyes held apprehension so I gave her a warm smile which she returned.

All three of us sat down and they asked me if I had ordered anything, which I hadn’t.

"Do you want a coke babe?" Zack asked as Katie's eyes glanced over the menu quickly. She folded it back down and nodded.

"Yeah that's fine. I'm not too hungry." She said and I knew it was from nerves. Her face told me that all.

I hailed the waitress that had introduced herself to me earlier and we all ordered our prospective drinks.

"So how have you been man?" Zack questioned as he folded his arms across his chest casually.

"I've been keeping busy. It's just interview after interview these days. I swear they keep me on my toes." I let off a chuckle and reached for my notebook that I would take notes in. I wanted to not only capture their words but also their actions to really show what they were like.

"Would you guys mind if I took notes? I don't really have a ton of questions, I'd rather capture your actions and show the readers what you guys are like. I know there's a normal everyday couple behind the tattoos and blue hair tips." I chuckled as did the two of them and Katie smiled and nodded. She looked like she was becoming more comfortable. I watched as Zacky reached over and grabbed her hand which was resting on the table inside of his own. His other one went over to gently rock the baby carrier and I took note of that action.

"So Zack, let's start off with what it's like to be a father." I said as I glanced between him and his daughter.

"Well," he started, "to put it simply, it's fucking amazing. I never thought something as small as a baby would make me feel so complete. I hate being such a sap but dude, there's just something about it being your own kid and knowing that you're half of the creation, that you helped in the process. It makes you feel like you're on fucking cloud nine." He paused as Tevan stirred and he reached in and gently started rubbing her foot. Katie meanwhile was watching Zack intently with a loving look in her eyes.

My pen scratched across my notebook as I wrote my notes.

"It's not easy though. We've gone through the motions, you know. At first things were amazing and then after awhile I just felt so fucking overwhelmed. I even went as far as to lock myself away in the studio one day." He chuckled as he thought back to the memory. "Katie just about had my balls for that one though. She put my ass in place and just seeing her so upset and mad at me really let me know that this wasn't going to work. I had to step up to the plate more. But overall, being a dad is perhaps the best thing to ever happen to me. I wouldn’t trade it for any other shit in this world." I smiled and nodded as I finished writing the answer.

"Alright Katie, your turn." She closed her eyes and sighed but still smiled at me. "What is it like being married to a rock star? How has your life changed having the guys in it and now adding a daughter to the mix?" She paused for a moment as she contemplated her answer.

"Oh gosh, it's like a complete turn around. When I first met the guys it was just by luck. I had sent in one of those stupid questions to ask the band and I ended up getting a call back from Shads saying they wanted to meet me. When I first met Zacky, I'll be honest, he was the biggest pervert I had ever met in my life. I mean it!" She chuckled when I raised an eyebrow. "He just was. Comments, actions, certain problems, remarks, everything! It was honestly a nightmare for a bit." Zacky at this point let out a big chuckle and just smirked at his wife.

"Of course he's still like that at moments but we've gotten better about it. As for the rock star side of things, it really doesn’t show often. I mean we see it through fans and stuff, but at home, they're just the guys. They drink, are perverts, love chilling at the beach, and enjoy time with their families. To me, he's Zack Baker my husband, not Zacky Vengeance rock star." I loved her answer. It was so honest and real and it just showed how perfect she was for him. She was well grounded and certainly didn't let the fame get to her head like most women I have interviewed did.

The sound of a small yawn met my ears and I looked over along with Zack and Katie to see that Tevan had woken up. She looked around and upon spotting her parents let a smile cross over her features. Her eyes mirrored the same vibrant green that Zacky's did while her hair and nose belonged to Katie. It was obvious she was their child.

"Looks like the bundle of joy has awoken." I joked lightly as Zack took her out from her carrier and held her against his chest.

"Yeah she doesn’t nap for long." Zack chuckled as Tevan let out another yawn.

"So have you guys gotten sleep lately?" I questioned.

"Actually for the most part yeah." Katie started. "The guys and their girlfriends come over a lot or we take Tevan to their homes and they will watch her so we can get some sleep."

"And get some other bedtime activities in there." Zack mumbled making me laugh and Katie blush. She reached over and playfully slapped his chest beside Tevan. He laughed and held Tevan up.

"Did you see that baby girl? Your mommy is abusing me." He pouted making her laugh. She let out a squeal and reached her small hand out to grab onto one of his lip rings making him grunt. She tugged gently but he just moved his head forward so that she wasn't pulling too hard. Katie leaned over and gently pried her hand from Zacky's lip and it snapped back against his mouth with a small popping sound. He gave Tevan a playful glare and she just giggled. She sure was a cute kid and for me to say that it really means something.

Without intruding too much, I continued to ask them what they thought the future held for them as well as the band, what they liked about having a daughter and what were some of the downsides (which I found out included less drinking and less sex for Zack), and that they pretty much lived a normal life for the most part. They enjoyed being parents as well as lovers and looked forward to what was in store further down the road.

Zack had since passed Tevan to Katie who was playing with her slightly to keep her entertained. We all finished our drinks and I was officially out of questions so we just chatted for a bit like old friends.

We all stood up and left the diner after paying and gave them the address of the studio we would be going to next to do the photo shoot. I had asked Zack to bring one of his guitars so that we could do some combined image shots. This was going to be fun.

Katie's Pov

"Come on baby, calm down for me." I tried as I bounced Tevan to get her to stop crying. She had pitched a fit in the car again which was totally not like her for some reason. We always thought she liked the car.

Anyway, Zacky was currently across the room with his guitar slung over his shoulder as he did a few poses for David who was snapping away with his camera. I had to admit, this was a nice studio. It pretty much had everything that a band needed and more.

My rocking proved to be successful because Tevan stopped her fussing and let out a small sigh as she cuddled into my arms further. I wiped at her slightly puffy eyes but knew they would go away soon.

"Alright you, get your cute ass over here." Zack instructed. "You know you want to come make out with this hot body." He continued as he trailed a hand down his chest. I rolled my eyes and saw that David was winking at me as he jerked his head in Zack's direction. Zacky took Tevan from me after he adjusted his guitar in front of him and held her in his right arm.

"Alright Katie, Zacky's going to give me a smug look and I want you to melt into his side and lean up and kiss him on the cheek." I nodded and moved closer to Zacky so that he could wrap his arm around me. I felt his hand tuck into my back pocket and he pinched playfully making me jump. He chuckled as did David and bounced Tevan lightly making her let out a soft giggle.

David let off a count and I placed my arm around Zacky's back before leaning up and placing a well aimed kiss on his cheek. I held my face there until I saw the camera flash and then I pulled back. We took a few more shots in the same pose to make sure we would have a good one and then we changed some things up a bit. We wrapped an amp cord around Zack's arms and then had him hold them out to take Tevan. He bit one of his snake bites and gave off a worried face for the shot and I was standing off to the side of the photo with my hands on my hips glaring at him while I tapped my foot.

I'd have to say that the first one had been my favorite after looking at them back again. Zacky looked so in his element with his guitar yet he also looked comfortable holding Tevan and having me on his other side. He was completely surrounded by the things he loved and it really portrayed him well I thought. He had his bad ass attitude as well as the caring side of him.

When we were finished and all packed up we both said our goodbyes to David who promised us we would get to read over the interview before it was published. Tevan was thankfully back asleep after the eventful afternoon and so it left Zacky and I to be able to talk on the drive back down the PCH.

"So how do you think it went?" His hand grabbed hold of my left one was he drove and questioned me thoughtfully.

"I think it went well. He seems like a great guy and I trust him not to distort anything. I was surprised how normal it was. He didn’t make a big deal out of things which was nice."

"Yeah. The last thing we need is some crazy shit head who just wants to rant and rave about our lives. David seems to understand that we try not to let the fame get to our heads anymore." I chuckled as I picked at my nails with my free hand.

"Well he obviously hasn't seen the band's egos then has he?" Zack scoffed and gave me a wink out of the corner of his eye.

"We save our egos for the stage and in bed. You of all people know that."

"Do I ever."

"So I thought we might stop by Matt's for a bit this afternoon instead of going to sit at home. He was complaining he didn’t get to see his niece enough."

"Alright. That's fine with me."

"As much as I'd love to drop her off and go home and have my way with you I think we should probably stick around." His hand moved from grasping my own and rested on my thigh. It slowly began to creep up the inside of my leg and I swallowed the lump in my throat. I shivered as his cool fingers slipped under my skirt and ran over the fabric that covered the place he was aiming for.

"Zack." I mumbled as I tried to scold him but it only managed to come out with a slight moan edge to it. I tried to reach down and grab his wrist but upon my touch he only dug his finger further into the fabric in warning. I whimpered as he smirked and let his finger slip under the material and rub the skin underneath.

"Zack please not now." I whispered but he paid no mind to my asking.

"I love it when you beg." I gasped as his finger entered me swiftly.

"Just don't crash." I choked out as another one slipped in. I let my head rest against the back of my seat and just let him work his magic.

I was vaguely aware of the fact that we had just pulled into Matt's driveway and Zacky had shut the car off and was now leaning in front of me. His hand that wasn't already occupied came up and cupped my face as he pressed his lips onto mine. His tongue entered my mouth at the same time that his fingers picked up pace.

This felt so wrong with Tevan in the car but I was so close that I didn’t want him to stop.

My back arched up as my muscles clenched around his hand and his lips muffled my moan so as to not wake our daughter. He removed his hand and cleaned off his fingers while I tried to get my breathing back under control.

"Uh oh. We've been spotted." Zack mumbled and I leaned around him to see that Matt was now standing in his doorway with his arms crossed. He was shaking his head at us while smirking. My jaw dropped and I instantly blushed several shades of red in embarrassment.

"Shit." I mumbled knowing we would have to face his taunts for the afternoon now.

"You're so amazing when you're horny." I tore my eyes from Matt's and poked Zacky in the chest with my finger.

"I wouldn't have been horny if you had kept your hands to yourself."

"True. But you love my skilled fingers." He wiggled his eyebrows and leaned in to kiss me once more.

"Touché Zack. Touché."

"Can I see my niece now please?" Matt asked through the window making the two of us laugh at his longing face. Zack nodded and Matt eagerly opened the back door to get Tevan out since she had woken up when he yelled at us.

"Alright baby girl. Let's get you away from your nasty parents."

"As if you're any better dude."

"Shut the hell up Zack."
♠ ♠ ♠
annnnd here's an update for you all! yay! haha. sorry for the small delay like always... this week has been insane. surprise company, tests, and massive amounts of work. not fun!

anyway... this update was for baby face because she sent me a message asking me to please update this soon! haha. so here it is hun!

as for my other ocmmenters... well you guys already know you rock because i say that everytime! haha.

bloodravyn
LoveForDeathbat
GummybearsBK
Darkness_Surrounding
jinx616
RavynBlu
Love Revolution.
You.Found.Me
lisha_reading_music
BlackEmpress
MissLis
evencrayonslaughatme
Kaytie.LOVES
Sssaije
Just.Listen
Vengeance.Girl.
xXVeriEnkeliXx
CKY:TightTushZealot

you all get hugs this time! *hug*