Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 18

"Ichabod drop it." I scolded the puppy as he ran away from me with one of Tevan's blankets in his mouth. "I swear dog, if you want to keep your fur you better get back here!" I chased after him and followed him upstairs. I nearly tripped on one but I caught myself just as I saw his tail disappear into Zacky's and my bedroom. I followed him in and shut the door behind me so he wouldn’t be able to get out.

Never in my life had I ever envisioned myself at a standoff with a dog over a baby blanket. Yet here I was, standing in an odd stance while I faced Ichabod who was now in the corner staring at me with the purple blanket still firmly in his chops. I took a step forward and held my hands out ready to grab him if he made another dash for it, which he did. I lunged to the left and scooped him up and into my arms. I brought my other hand up to scratch his belly and his mouth opened as he panted causing him to drop the blanket to the floor. I stopped petting him and bent down to retrieve the now slobber coated blanket.

"Gotcha." After I stood back up I set Ichabod back down so the blanket was now out of his reach. He trotted over to the door and sat down waiting for me to open it. I did and gestured for him to go out which he did. Rolling my eyes at his behavior, I went into Tevan's room and got her another blanket since this one clearly needed to be washed now. I picked out yet another purple blanket that was courtesy of Brian of course and then went back downstairs.

The unmistakable sound of my baby girl's babbling met my ears as I neared the living room. She let out a giggle and as I rounded the corner I found out why.

Zacky was lying on the ground on his back and Tevan was hoisted in the air by his arms. He would bring her down and nibble on her neck gently making her laugh before lifting her in the air again. His knees were bent so that his feet were firmly planted on the floor. His arms must have gotten tired because he then shifted her so she was lying against his calves with her head and hands above his knees. He had her tiny hands in his own and he was now lifting his feet up so she was moving up and down with them.

Her giggle was infectious and it had both Zack and me laughing right along with her. When Zack heard my laugh he turned and grinned at me. I held up the slobbery blanket alongside the clean one and grinned triumphantly.

"You prevailed over the demon dog." He laughed.

"I did!" I set the clean blanket on the couch and then took the other one into the laundry room quickly before returning to my family. I sat down on the floor beside Zack and Tevan and spread my legs out.

"Well that's a familiar position." Zack commented on my placement.

"Zack." I warned while he just smirked. He sat up and moved so he was opposite me. He folded his legs under him and stood Tevan up on her small feet while he held her hands.

We had been trying so hard to get her to take some steps on her own lately but every time it just hadn't happened. She would teeter there for a moment before plopping down on her butt. She would start whining and then Zack or I would have to pick her up and do something to cheer her up. She apparently took after Zack when she didn’t like to fail. But sadly her motor skills just weren’t ready for that kind of movement just yet.

I grinned and held my hands out while she teetered again for a second. I clapped lightly and smiled at her excitedly. Zacky carefully let go of her hands. She stood there for a moment and I held my arms out further for her. She wobbled a little but still was upright. My eyes widened as she lifted one little foot and moved it forward before doing the same with her other one.

She had taken her first two steps finally.

I gave off an excited yell as did Zack who also threw his hands in the air. I think we startled her though because she ended up falling backward onto her little butt again.

But that was alright this time. She had walked. I crawled over to her and picked her up into the air before bringing her back down and placing kisses on her chubby cheeks. Zacky came over quickly and wrapped his firm arms around the both of us as we continued to laugh. Tevan was giggling as she was squished gently between the two of us. Her giggles turned into babbles and Zacky started talking back to her.

"That's right baby girl, you did it!"

He paused talking for a moment and we watched as Tevan's eyes squinted for a moment and her face scrunched up. My eyes jerked up to meet with Zack's and we both groaned as we knew that face all too well. Both of our faces soon resembled Tevan's as the familiar stench wafted up to our noses.

"Aw man Tev, you did it alright…" Zack trailed off. "Way to ruin the celebration." We both pulled apart and I held her out for him to take.

"Oh no way! It's your turn. Besides I was going to go call the guys and give them the news." My head tilted to the side and a glare was sent in his direction.

"I changed her an hour ago Zack. Therefore it is your turn. The phone call can wait." His face pouted at me but I was insistent he take Tevan this time. "But what if the guys leave their houses?" I rolled my eyes at his silly attempt to get out of it.

"Then that's what cell phones are for smart one. They never leave home without them." He looked to be in thought for a moment before realizing he wasn't getting out of it. Begrudgingly he took Tevan who was back to babbling away to him into his arms and stood up before stalking out of the room mumbling to himself under his breath.

Zack had become a pro at changing Tevan, as had all of the guys amazingly enough, and although they didn’t like it they were willing to help out every now and then. The looks on their faces had been all but too priceless the first time they learned how to change a diaper. They struggled at first but were then determined to get it down solid. I rather enjoyed having the day off from diaper duty due to their strong will and determination.

My body lowered onto the couch and I stretched out so that I was flat on my back. These past ten months had gone by so fast since Tevan had been born and she was growing too fast before my eyes. When I saw how happy she made everyone I was really hoping that the newly married Matt and Val would get on the ball and have a kid soon so Tevan could have some kids her age.

Speaking of Tevan, when I opened my eyes it was just in time to see Zack lift her over the back of the couch and sit her on my stomach. "Hey there baby girl! Are you better now?" She was still babbling away and I grabbed her hands and clapped them together. I brought them to my lips and placed random kisses on them making her let out a high pitched squeal. Zacky winced and he furrowed his eyebrows as he ruffled Tevan's strawberry-blonde hair gently.

"She sounds just like you in bed sometimes when we're fooling around." I glared at him and stuck my tongue out. Tevan had since pulled one of her hands from mine and she reached out to poke my tongue. She let out a giggle and I kept it out for a bit so she could continue poking it.

Eventually I shifted her so I could sit up. "Do you think she's hungry?" Zack asked as he squatted down to take her from me.

She fussed a bit and flailed some in Zack's arms. "Probably. Want to get her set up?"

"Sure and then after she eats we'll make those phone calls." Tevan continued to struggle as Zack carried her into the kitchen. She was reaching over his shoulder toward me and I knew that she was fussy for having been picked up by Zack. We had our 'I want mommy' days and then we had our 'I want daddy' days. Apparently today was a mommy day which meant Zack was in trouble.

"Damn it Tevan!"

Sure enough. Something must have happened because Zack was now frustrated with something and Tevan could be heard giggling in the background.

Upon entering the kitchen my hand made it's way to my mouth as I struggled very hard not to laugh. Zacky stood up and turned to face me with a glare. A giant glob of purple plum baby food was running down his forehead, into his eye and down his cheek. The culprit was sitting in her high chair with the baby food spoon in her hand and was now waving it while she laughed.

I stifled a chuckle but grabbed one of Zack's arms that were now crossed and led him over to the sink. "Oh Zack." He stood there and chewed one of his lip rings to keep from saying anything else. I got one of the wash rags from the counter wet and reached up to wipe his face off. My left hand held his hair back so it wouldn’t get in the food while my right wiped it off of his forehead. The hand that was holding his hair soon moved to his face as he closed his eyes so I could wipe it off of there and then his cheek as well. I rinsed the now dirty rag and the wiped over his still frowning face once more. After tossing the rag in the sink I placed both of my hands on his cheeks and pulled him in for a kiss.

"Mmm you taste like plums." I teased gently making him let out a low growl.

"I'll make you taste the fucking plums." He pulled me in for another intense kiss and let his tongue slip into my mouth. He caressed my face gently but his hand stopped all movement when we heard a very small giggle come from beside us. He sighed and pulled away before we both turned and faced the food slinger.

"So Zack, how exactly did Tevan get the spoon from you?" I asked as I walked over and took it from her.

"Well she looked cute. Her and all that damn babbling. So I figured I would see if she could feed herself." My head was thrown back as a loud laugh emerged from my throat.

"Well then, in that case, I guess she wanted to feed you instead of herself. Daddy looked good in plum didn't he baby?" Zack threw open the fridge and took out a beer before flipping the top off and coming to sit beside me.

"Yeah yeah. Laugh it up." I did as told while I got some food from the jar onto the spoon and moved it to Tevan's open and awaiting mouth. I gently rolled my eyes at my sometimes clueless husband. I had to give Zack credit for trying new things but it didn’t always work in his favor as we just saw.

"Question." I nodded to let him know I was listening. He set his beer on the table and leaned forward. "How do you know if she likes plums?"

"Well she's eating it and not complaining right?" He nodded and reached for the jar of peas that was sitting unopened on the tray of her high chair. I watched cautiously as he twisted the top off and dipped his finger inside. Contemplating on whether I should warn him or not I decided against it just for kicks and allowed him to bring the finger to his own mouth.

The second it hit his tongue he started coughing and hacking instantaneously. His eyes scrunched closed and Tevan rather found this amusing. She clapped her plum covered hands together while Zacky continued to act like he was dying in front of her. I could only roll my eyes at his overdramatic reaction and couldn’t help but wonder why he had never tasted it before. Tevan liked it apparently because it was one of the things she always ate and was easy to feed her. I think that right there was enough proof that she was an odd child. She got that part from Zack of course.

"Are you done dying now?" I asked playfully as I put the last bite of plum into Tev's mouth. I scooped the parts that didn’t make it back onto the spoon before giving that to her as well. I put the cap back on the now empty jar and took the pea one from Zack's grasp.

"I wasn't dying. Just rather alarmed by how awful that shit tastes."

I took a spoonful from the jar and fed it to the awaiting child before looking at Zack. "Well apparently your child likes that shit."

"She's warped then." He muttered as he took a swig of his beer to get rid of the foul taste that plagued his tongue.

"Just like you." I quipped.

"Hey now…" He said in a warning tone as I fed another spoonful to the awaiting mouth. Tevan quickly finished off the jar of food which allowed me to stand up and get a rag to wipe her dirty face off with. Zacky was still sitting there and eyeing the empty jar carefully.

"Would you like some peas babe? We've got several jars left." I tossed him the rag and he glared at me before scooting closer to Tevan so he would clean her up.

"Fuck you." He chuckled. I turned back around from the sink and placed a hand on my waist.

"When and where Mr. Baker?" I tilted my head to the side and smirked lightly. His hands stopped wiping off Tevan and he turned his head to face me with a grin on his face.

"Right after I get this little one down for a nap." A wink made it's way to me and he turned back to finish wiping off the messy face. He picked up Tevan as she yawned and carried her out of the kitchen. I took the tray off of the high chair and placed it in the sink before starting to scrub it. The goopy food scrubbed right off of it and I dried it before placing it back on the high chair.

I set the towel back on the counter and bent over so my elbows were resting on it lightly. I let out a soft sigh as I realized how tired I felt. I think I may have gotten myself in too deep with my comment.

"Whatcha doing?" I jumped up and back into Zacky's awaiting arms as his voice startled me. I placed a hand to my heart in shock as he wound his tattooed masterpieces around my stomach and rested his head beside mine.

"You scared me. And I was thinking."

"Mmm about what?"

"About how tired I am." He let out a very fake gasp and spun me around.

"Tired? You can't possibly be tired. We have yet to get started." And with that said he picked me up before tossing me over his shoulder. I let out a quiet yelp and turned so I could see him grab baby monitor that was on the table before carrying me into the living room. I heard the small thunk of him setting back down the monitor and then I felt myself being lifted up again. Zack effortlessly tossed me on the couch and hastily climbed on top of me so he was straddling my waist.

His fingers danced dangerously close to my sides and I squirmed a bit trying to avoid them. Without any warning they plunged into my sides and made me emit a stream of giggles. I struggled even more but it only made Zacky attack my sides harder. I reached my hands up to grab onto his arms but it really was useless in my fit of laughter.

"Zack…" I squeezed out in between giggles. He to was now laughing and grinned as he paused for a second so I could at least catch my breath. "If you keep that up I'm not going to have any energy left."

His head came down close to mine and he left a soft kiss on my lips.

"That's alright. As much as I love hearing your moans, your giggles are far too contagious." He smirked and went back to tickling me. I squealed as I grabbed the back of his head and quickly pulled his lips to mine. He was rather taken off guard when I shoved my tongue into his unexpecting mouth. His hands slowed down and eventually turned into a firm grip on my waist as we kissed.

"Mmm so you want to be in control eh?" I thought about it for a moment and then realized this could help me with my dilemma of not wanting to have sex.

"Only if you're alright with it." As an answer to me, he flipped us over so that I was now on top of him. I smirked down at him and leaned to the side so I could place kisses along his jaw line.

"So I think…" I started saying in between kisses. "That we should…" I brought his bottom lip into my mouth and sucked on his snakebites sensually. He wasn't going to be happy in a minute. "Just cuddle for now." I said as I released his lip with a popping sound. His eyes fluttered open and then they became wide.

"What the fuck? After all that you want to just cuddle?"

"Mhmm. It's been an exhausting day! She took her first steps, threw food at you... You still have to make those phone calls later by the way." I mumbled as I laid my head down on his chest and snuggled into him. I could tell he was trying very hard to figure out what to say, meanwhile I was completely comfortable.

Zack let out a frustrated sigh before embracing me tightly in his arms. "Alright fine. If you want to cuddle we'll cuddle for now. But tonight… you're mine for the taking. Deal?"

"Deal." I said in mid yawn. Zack placed a tender kiss right on the top of my head.

"Hey Zack?"

"Yeah babe?"

"You still smell like plum."
♠ ♠ ♠
alright so for once in my life... i really don't have alot to say here haha. Happy Easter! there lol.
so i meant to get this out the other day but i've been sick to my stomach because my "end of sentence" as my little sister calls it decided to hit hardcore this time. haha get it? i love that phrase. so creative.

anyway special thanks to all my commenters this time around!!!

bloodravyn
evencrayonslaughatme
jinx616
CKY:TightTushZealot
CallusedSilk
LoveForDeathbat
NikkiEst.6661
You.Found.Me
Sssaije
GummybearsBK
Darkness_Surrounding
Just.Listen
Killer_vamp
TheUltimateSynner
catastrophe.
lisha_reading_music

and the award for best comment EVER goes to the lovely lisha_reading_music!!! and although i dont really think shes right for thinking that highly of me.... dude.... that was THE best compliment i've ever gotten! thank you soooooo freaking much hun!