Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 25

I kept glancing into the backseat where Tevan was buckled into her car-seat to make sure she was doing alright. My eight year old was buckled in and was preoccupied with her Spongebob video that was playing in the mini dvd player that was attached in the back of the seat in front of her. Her small duffle bag that was stuffed with her clothes and a few necessities was sitting on the seat beside her.

"You doing alright babe?" I asked back at her.

"Yeah mommy. I'm fine. How much longer?" She questioned as she tore her eyes away from the video to stare at me with the eyes that matched her father's identically.

"Just a few minutes hun." I told her as I pulled off of the freeway and headed down the side roads that would lead me to Matt and Val's new vacation house in Malibu.

Tevan nodded and turned her attention back to the screen.

I took a deep breathe as I thought about what rested ahead of me today. The wedding ring on my left hand caught in the sun light and reminded me that all of the stress would be worth it in the end.

I turned into the small driveway of the beach house a few minutes later and before I could even turn the car off a small black bullet came zooming out of the house with Val in toe.

"Tevan!"

"Brody Sanders you wait until your aunt Katie turns the car off!" Val scolded her son who was bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet waiting for Tevan to get out of the car.

Brody looked so much like Matt it was scary. He had his dimples, his hazel eyes and his dirty blonde hair which was currently spiked up in a mohawk to look like his Uncle Johnny's current hairstyle. His small black Metallica shirt looked like it had seen remnants of today's lunch and his small black converse looked like they had seen way too many days in the mud at the park.

I shut the car off and got out so I could help Tevan see her 'cousin'. She leaped out of the car and embraced the younger boy in a hug. They were only two years apart in age but they were always attached at the hip.

I chuckled as Brody grabbed her hand and drug her into the house while babbling something about a new video game he had just gotten in the mail from Matt.

"Damn. They act like it's been weeks since they saw each other. It was only two days ago for crying out loud." Val laughed as she too embraced me in a hug.

"I know. Tevan wouldn't shut up about coming to stay with you guys for the week. I don't see what the big deal is. She sees you guys everyday since you live down the street from us. This is a nice house by the way." I told her as she led me up the walkway.

"I know. Matt thought it would be a nice getaway place for us all every now and then. Not to mention the place has six fucking bedrooms. One for each couple is what he said and then one for the kids. I miss our regular house though. I don't think I could live here forever. It's too big." She finished with a laugh as we entered the house.

"Well it's a nice place for when you want to get out of Huntington for a bit. Especially when the tourists come around." I added as I set Tevan's bag on the couch. I looked around for a minute and was greeted with the cry of a newborn baby shortly before Michelle walked in the room.

"Shh it's ok Bailey. Mommy's got you baby girl." She cooed to the now five month old child in her arms.

"I bet Brian's kicking himself for agreeing to go on this tour." I chuckled at seeing the two of them.

"Oh he is. It's only two months though. I swear the man calls every few hours to check on us. It's a bit annoying actually." She groaned as Bailey started to calm down. "Where's Tevan?" She asked after a quick glance around.

"With Brody upstairs. All I heard was a new video game and that was it." I laughed.

"Ah. Matt sent Brody the newest version of Guitar Hero. It just arrived today. I told him he couldn’t play it until you guys got here." Val said as she took Bailey from her sister and sat down on the couch with her.

"Thank you. My arms were getting numb." Mich chuckled as she stretched her arms out to her sides.

"Well you could have said something! I would have taken her." Lacey said as she and Leana came through a sliding glass door that looked like it led to a deck outside.

"Were we the last ones to get here?" I questioned noticing that all of the girls were already here apparently.

"Sure were. And now you're going to be the first to leave. You've got a flight to catch." Val told me as she handed a sleepy Bailey off to Lacey.

"Alright, alright. Let me go say goodbye to Tevan first." I headed up the stairs and followed the noise of the video games that I could hear from down the hall.

"Tev I'm leaving now." I said as I pushed the door open to reveal Tevan and Brody with the plastic guitar controllers slung over their shoulders. Brody pressed pause and Tevan ran over to me before giving me a big hug.

"I'll miss you mommy." She whispered in my ear.

"I'll miss you too baby. You be good for Aunt Val and your other aunts alright?"

"Ok! Tell daddy I said hi and I miss him okay?"

"Ok I will." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and I pressed one to her head before leaving the room.

Val was waiting for me once more downstairs and she had her purse in her hands along with my own and my car keys which were dangling from between her fingers.

I gave each of the girls a hug before I was practically drug out of the house and to my car by Val. I hopped into the passenger seat and let Val take the spot behind the wheel.

"Just don't crash my car alright?" She just laughed and revved the engine before peeling out of the driveway and heading toward the freeway.

"I won't wreck you're precious new car. Zacky would kill me if I did anyway." True statement. Zacky spent a mint on this car for me.

"I'm nervous." I randomly stated once we were on the freeway and headed to our destination.

"Hun why? You're going to have a great time."

"I know. I just don't know what to expect."

Val looked at me like I was crazy. "Bitch what are you talking about? Who cares what he's got planned? You get a fucking week with him! That's more than I get with Matt." She rolled her eyes making me laugh.

"I know. I'm just nervous." I said helplessly.

"I understand. It's Zacky after all. He's quite the troublemaker at times." I chuckled and nodded knowing full well my husband could be a handful. I had been married to him for a good ten years now so I ought to know. Well, almost ten years. It'll be ten years tomorrow.

"If anything happens to Tevan call me and I'll fly home." I told her as we neared our destination.

"Katie, chill. Nothing is going to happen to Tevan and if something does it's nothing we can't handle. Go, enjoy yourself, and have fun. Stop worrying about Tevan. She will be fine. I promise." Val pulled up to the curb at LAX and flipped the hazards on to let people know we were stopping. I nodded and opened my door to get out of the car.

I walked around to the back end and opened it to get my small suitcase out. I set it on the curb and closed the back end before turning to face a grinning Val once again.

She reached up and placed her arms around me in a hug. "You go and have fun. This is a special time you're celebrating and you need to be able to enjoy it."

"Thanks Val. I really do appreciate you watching Tevan for us."

"Anything for you two. Now go or you're going to miss your flight." She told me as she gave me a gentle shove toward the door to the massive airport. I turned and waved as she drove off in my beloved car before turning back to the large glass door that was in front of me. Grabbing the handle of my luggage I rolled it behind me as I entered the building and headed toward the United Airlines counter. I got in the premiere member entrance and waited my turn.

It didn’t take me long to get checked in thanks to Zacky ordering my ticket in business class. I would surely be out of place due to my attire but if people knew what Zack's job was then they wouldn’t say a word about the way I dressed.

My heart was pounding as I got through security and headed to the gate of my destination. I found an empty chair and sank down into it carefully after placing my purse on the ground.

I had forty-five minutes until my flight left and another six until I saw him. In reality, it had been three months since I last saw Zacky but it sure felt like it had been longer. The guys had finished up their overseas tour for their sixth studio album and had been on the US tour for the past month and a half. They had two weeks left, one of which the guys would be doing the radio circuit while Zacky spent the week with me for our ten year anniversary. Once they were done touring they would be home for good for awhile. I was looking forward to it, I missed my man.

I looked out the window nearby and saw the plane taxiing up to the gate and the ramp pulling out to meet it. The plane would de-board and be cleaned and then I would be able to board along with the other passengers.

"Flight 364 now arriving from JFK International Airport" flashed across the board behind the assistance desk. I watched as people started to de-board the plane hurried away to get their luggage or make a connecting flight. My gaze shifted from the people leaving to the people who were milling around the terminal. Families were travelling together in small packs, the lonely businessman was talking away to his Bluetooth headset, and a cheerleading team was all sitting in a huddle on the ground in a corner.

Deciding to kill some time, I pulled my sketchbook out of my purse and flipped it open to some new Vengeance University designs I had been working on for Zacky. The seat next to me shifted signaling that someone had sat down but I was too engrossed in looking at the new designs to pay any attention.

"That one's definitely a keeper." A deep voice said from beside me. It wasn't just any deep voice though.

My gaze snapped to the man beside me and I locked eyes with the green ones I was in love with. My own blue orbs widened as the sketchbook left my hands and fell to the floor. It took me a minute to register just what was going on but as soon as it clicked in my brain that Zacky had sat down beside me I launched myself at him. My arms wrapped tightly around his neck as I pressed my lips firmly against his own.

Zacky relaxed in his spot and wrapped his arms around my waist in return the best he could from our odd angle. "What the hell are you doing here?" I questioned in surprise when we broke for air.

He grinned and bit on one of his snakebites gently. "Oh come on babe. Did you really think I'd make you fly all the way to Hawaii by yourself?" He chuckled as one of my hands rested on his cheek.

"Honestly, yes I did. You said you were going to meet me there you jerk." I playfully smacked his chest as he pulled me in for another kiss.

"Mmm I lied." He hummed against my lips before pecking them again. I grinned as I stared at him in adoration. Not much had changed between Zacky and me over the years other than us becoming closer. We were both still very much ourselves and very much in love. Zack still had all of his trademark tattoos and piercings as well as his sense of humor and perverseness.

"Just don't make it a habit." I mumbled as I pulled away to stare at him in amazement.

"Flight 202 to Maui is going to begin boarding shortly. We would first like to invite our premiere and business members to pre-board." The lady made the announcement over the intercom. Zacky stood and took my hand in his own.

"That's us." He smirked. I grinned as he helped me up and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"You planned all of this out didn't you." I mumbled under my breath.

"Damn right I did." He smiled proudly as I pulled out my boarding pass and he did the same before we handed them to the lady and proceeded onto the plane.

"Are you sitting by me too?" I teased him as I followed him onto the plane and to the business class seating section.

"No. I booked myself in economy." He said as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up you ass." I chuckled as I found my row and sat down in the oversized cushioned seat. Zacky set his backpack on the floor before he sat beside me and grinned.

"Well you shouldn’t have asked." He snickered as he pushed his backpack under the seat in front of him and crossed one leg over the other, one luxury you couldn’t really do in economy class.

"I was giving you a hard time!" I groaned as I turned to face him.

"I'll give you a hard time." He smirked. I ran a hand over my face as I groaned.

"I have no idea how I survived all these months without you and your perverted comments." I told him as I shook my head.

Zacky leaned over and wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling my head into his. "You missed them terribly. Admit it."

"Afraid I can't." I told him cheekily.

Zacky moved his left arm and brought it down to grasp a hold of my hand in his own before he let it assume its previous position on my shoulder. He laced our fingers together and I admired the way both of our wedding rings rested side by side. His calloused thumb rubbed my own as he brought his other hand up to press my head into his chest under his chin.

"I missed you so fucking much." He mumbled against my hair as we cuddled.

"I missed you too. I'm glad I finally get a week to have you all to myself." I smiled seductively at him while gaining a smirk in reply.

"Well I'm yours for the taking, all week, anytime."

***

I let out an exasperated sigh as I stared at the black dress I had picked out to bring with me for tonight. The plan was pretty simple so I don't know why I was second guessing my choice of outfit. Zacky was taking me out to dinner tonight to kick off our anniversary day and night. Somehow I saw dinner being the starting point and the ending point would be the bed in our luxurious hotel room where we would remain for the night and the following day most likely.

Zacky had tried to get me to cave as soon as we reached the hotel room but I was pretty insistent he would have to wait until later. As much as I wanted to take him in bed right then and there I knew adding a few hours to the wait time wouldn’t hurt and it would only make the moment later even more sweeter.

I reached out to take the hanger that my dress was on into my hands. The black shimmery dress was thigh length and fell nicely across my cleavage, something I knew Zacky would love. The straps were thin and I only hoped that Zacky wouldn't rip them later tonight because I really liked this dress. I honestly thought he had ripped his share of my clothes and needed to tame his hands a bit when it came to removing them.

I removed the dress from the hanger and laid it out on the bed beside me. I started to remove my clothes and had gotten down to my undergarments when a cough came from the doorway behind me. I whipped around to find Zacky lounging in the doorway with a smirk on his face. He was already dressed in his black button down shirt and black jeans but his white tie was hanging around his neck not tied at all. His hair and eyeliner were already done and it looked like it was waiting on me.

A blush crept up to my cheeks. Even after all these years Zacky still knew how to make me blush as if it were the first day I met him once again.

"Well damn. If you want to stay like that all night I'll have no complaints." He growled lowly as his eyes roamed my body quickly. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him over my shoulder as I picked up my dress and unzipped it.

"That tongue of your's can stay out too. I'll find a good use for it." He whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist after having crossed the room to me.

"Maybe later. I'm a bit hungry now though." I told him softly as I rested my hands on his arms that were in front of me. I leaned up and turned my head sideways so I could peck him on the lips.

"I could feed you too." He smirked. I just laughed and removed his arms while giving him an 'I know better' look.

"Would you stop being a pervert?" I chuckled.

"Never." He laughed in return. "Anyway, sexy I need help with my tie." He told me as he gripped both ends and tugged at it.

"Zacky. How old are you again?" I asked as I stepped into my dress.

"Thirty-five." He grumbled under his breath once he realized where I was going with this.

"And you still can't manage to do your own tie after all these years?" I giggled lightly as I slid the straps of my dress onto my shoulders. I reached behind me to try and zip up my dress but the zipper was of course at am odd angle. I turned to face a now smirking Zacky once again.

"What's wrong Katie? Can't get your zipper? Do you need help at thirty-three years of age?" He mocked as I blew a playful raspberry at him before turning around so he could zip it up for me.

"Very funny." I mumbled as I turned back around and grabbed his tie. I knotted it together for him and once it was snug I pulled his face to mine by the tie. I gave him a kiss and he rested his hands on my hips.

"Don't start anything you don't intend to finish babe." He warned me gently.

"Oh I intend to finish it. Just not now." I quipped back making him groan in frustration. "Oh stop it. Dinner is sounding really nice so don't you dare spoil it." I warned as I pulled back and adjusted his tie for the final time before we left.

***

"Zacky stop." I hissed under my breath as I turned and glared at him after finishing thanking the male waiter for my wine refill. Zacky's hand had been steadily creeping up the side slit in my dress and was nearing my upper thigh.

"Why?" He questioned huskily before he took the final drink of his drink.

"Because I said so." I told him. My breath hitched in my throat as his fingertips brushed the inside of my thigh.

Zacky looked at the check before he removed his hand and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket. He slid a credit card into the black case and passed it to the waiter as he passed our table.

Dinner had been incredibly nice and relaxing but we both knew there were way more satisfying things back at the hotel for us. Zacky's hands had been restless and that indicated he was getting anxious and was ready to leave.

Zacky received his card back and he signed the bill before adding the tip. He stood and offered me his hand which I gently took as I stood up as well. He wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked through the four star restaurant toward the front door. The man at the door opened it for us and we stepped out into the fresh Maui air. I grinned as Zacky and I started to walk back down the beach to our own hotel.

It was romantic just walking all dressed up down the beach. It was something that you wouldn’t pull off in Huntington because of how casual everything was. This place was a different story. There was a romantic vibe to everything and I didn’t feel out of place walking in my fancy dress.

Zacky steered me toward the edge of the sidewalk to the edge of the sand. He kicked off his own dress shoes and picked them up with his hand before motioning for me to do the same. I slung my heels' loops over my finger and allowed Zacky to guide my body into the sand and toward the water.

The moon reflected off of the crystal water and cast a glow on the strand of beach. I looked out at the calm waves that crashed against the shore. They meshed with the sand so perfectly and just fit together. I couldn’t imagine beaches having anything other than sand and water. It just wouldn't mix well.

I looked up at Zacky and couldn’t help but smile. We were like the sand and waves in a sense. Completely different people but we fit so well together. I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else and I knew he felt the same way.

We stopped at the water's edge and he turned me so I was facing him now with my chest pressed up against his own. We dropped our shoes in the sand and now all that mattered were the two of us. "What are you smiling about?" He asked curiously as his hand twisted back a strand of hair that was hanging in my face due to the wind.

"You." I said cheekily. "Did you ever stop to think about how well we fit together?"

His green eyes reflected in the shine of the moon and it seemed to make them even brighter in this moment. His lips twisted up in a grin making his lip rings catch in the light as well. "Every damn day." He told me softly as his hands came to rest on my hips. "I can't imagine my life without you." He rested his forehead against my own softly.

"Me neither." I whispered back.

Zacky closed the gap and pressed his pierced lips against my own. The silver rings were cool against my own and made a tingling sensation go down my spine. The wind blew past us and forced my dress to blow sideways away from my legs. I clasped my hand behind his neck and pressed my lips more firmly to his. He gently brought my bottom lip between his own and nibbled on it. My mind went blank as I let out a small moan.

"I love the way you taste." He grumbled between the small bites he was delivering. I was too far in ecstasy to reply to him and so I just tugged on his hair to encourage him further.

He tugged on my lip and pulled away to allow me to catch my breath. I stared into his eyes and brought a hand down to brush against the corner of his mouth. "You always know how to get to me." I murmured lightly as he smirked.

"Of course I do. These are lips that need no introduction babe. I've already gotten them down to a science."

I smiled as I rested my head against his chest and let out a sigh of contentment.

"I love you Katie. So fucking much." His voice vibrated against my head as he spoke softly.

"I love you too Zacky. Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary to you too. Now what do you say we finish up our celebration of ten years together?"

"Mmm what exactly did you have in mind?" I said playfully.

"Oh you know exactly what I have in mind Mrs. Baker." He told me as he lifted me bridal style forcing a giggle from me and proceeded to carry me down the beach, our shoes long forgotten, the water still crashing, the moon still shining, and our hearts still beating as one as they forever would.
♠ ♠ ♠
cue the tears!!!
oh man i am sooo totally going to miss this story! it's been my baby since day one and i really feel like i've improved so much as a writer through it.
i apologize for how long it took to get this out. it's been in the works but life kept getting in the way. so for that i truly am sorry.

New story information
i personally want to invite all of you to stick around for my new ZV story that should be coming up sometime soon. it doesnt have a title yet and well... since i can't post a fake chapter about it anymore what i'll be doing is making it a "sequel" of this story for a bit. and if you happen to read any of my other stories keep an eye out for a link to it in my authors notes!

and lastly... i want to thank each and every one of you who comments and stuck with me from beginning to end as well as those new readers who expressed their thoughts on the story. a story isn't a story if there's no readers so thank you all so freaking much!!!!!!!

so comments for the last time came from...
CallusedSilk
evencrayonslaughatme
BlackAshes
Just.Listen
lisha_reading_music
CKY:TightTushZealot
Vengeance.Girl.
i_love_rolo_cookies
red.Ranger
TheUltimateSynner
VengeanceXX6661X
Fallin_For_You
Jurassitol
BethanyVengeance

thank you all so muuuuuuch!
i'm so glad you all enjoyed it as much as i did!