Lips That Need No Introduction

Chapter 9

"Zacky if you don't stop fidgeting, so help me, I'm going to pop you one." I growled under my breath at him.

"I can't fucking help it." He mumbled back as he let his legs shake while we sat in the waiting room. He was quite the sight right now. This was the second doctors appointment that he had come to with me but this time we were going to find out the gender of our little baby.

The pregnancy symptoms had gotten much better and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we were all relieved. The mood swings had gotten better and I found I wasn't quite so teary all the time. My cravings still hit occasionally but no one complained now when I asked to make a food stop. It usually meant they got to re-stock on snacks and booze as well.

By now I was quite round around the tummy. Not huge but you could now tell I was pregnant just by looking at me. We were now in month five and this check up was one of the more crucial ones. Zacky and I had both decided that we wanted to know the gender of the baby ahead of time so that we could prepare better for it.

It would be especially helpful for Zacky's parents and his brother Matt who were going to be working on the nursery for the baby. They went against our arguments and said they would take care of it since they were watching Ichabod and the house for us anyway. Apparently it was a stress we didn't need to worry about at the moment. I was actually rather thankful because decorating a room was definitely something that we didn't really have time to do.

"Katie Baker?" I looked up and saw a short, blonde young woman standing in the doorway reading my name off of a file folder. I grinned and grabbed Zacky's hand helping him stand. I could sense his legs were shaky as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders for extra balance. Shouldn’t that be me needing to do that? Not him?

"Hi there. I'm doctor Millich and I'll be taking care of you today. How are you?" Well at least she seemed nice. This would make the visit more comfortable.

"I'm doing great." I grinned as she led us into an examination room. "Can't say the same for my husband though." She must have heard my mumble because she chuckled as Zacky helped me up onto the small table.

"You must be the lucky daddy." She held her hand out to Zacky who took it and shook as he told her his name.

"So I've been informed of your situation and how you two are on the road. Have you been having any troubles while traveling?" She questioned as she sat down on a stool and flipped open the manila file.

"No, not really. The mood swings are finally starting to let up. I think the whole band is happy for that. The cravings aren't as bad and neither is the morning sickness." I grabbed Zacky's hand from where he sat on a chair beside me. His eyes were flickering around the room anxiously making me chuckle.

"That's great. I'm glad to hear things are getting better." She glanced in Zacky's direction and saw his anxiousness getting worse. She let out a small chuckle before pulling out the instruments for the ultrasound.

"So I bet you two are ready to find out the gender of your baby. Is that correct?" Zacky's eyes snapped up to meet hers as he nodded slightly. He squeezed my hand and moved slightly so I could adjust to lie down on the table. He stood up beside me and looked at the monitor that the doctor had just turned on. She stood beside Zacky and carefully lifted my shirt up above my now apparent bump.

"This will be cold alright?"

"Ok." I did indeed shiver as she placed the jelly on my stomach and the goosebumps rose on my arms as she then placed the metal instrument on top of it.

"Alright so let's take a look and see what we can see. We should be able to spot some genitals to be able to determine the gender. Facial features should be somewhat recognizable as well." Zacky and I both watched as she moved around and looked for distinct features. I grinned as I saw the small body moving on the screen. I turned to look at Zacky who had the cutest little grin on his face.

"Ahh I believe we have a gender here." Zacky's eyes lit up as he looked to her. "See this here?" She questioned as she pointed to a small spot on the screen.

"Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Baker. You've got yourselves a little girl coming into your world."

"A girl." Zacky marveled in a quiet voice. It was clear how amazed he was. I don't think it was possible for his grin to be any wider.

The doctor continued to point out the eyes and face of the baby but I think both Zacky and I were both too distracted by the fact that we were going to have a little girl. She finished off the ultrasound and then wiped the jelly off of my stomach before she made sure I had all of the vitamins I needed until our next appointment.

"Oh and just to warn you, because a lot of women ask this question, the end of the second trimester and the beginning of the third tend to bring about big hormonal differences when it comes to sex. You'll probably feel, well, very horny in the upcoming months. Make sure you satisfy that need though, its good for not only you but the baby as well. The baby will feel the pleasure of it but won't know what it's from obviously. Enjoy yourselves."

"Damn I like her." Zacky grinned as we left the room hand in hand. I just swatted his arm playfully but was indeed thankful to know that.

Once we were outside of the office I let out a squeal as Zacky picked me up off of the ground and spun me around.

"A little girl!" He exclaimed while I laughed. "Our little girl." He said in a quieter voice as he set me down on the ground but still kept me in his arms.

"Yes. Our little girl. She's going to be amazing. I can just tell."

"She is and that is because she's going to be just like her amazing mother." I giggled as Zacky placed a well aimed kiss on my neck before helping me into the rental car.

The entire drive back to the bus was full of the chatter of our new baby girl. My right hand remained protectively placed upon my stomach while the other was placed firmly in Zacky's right one. He kept rubbing small circles over my tender skin.

"Oh shit." I looked over at Zacky worriedly as his eyes widened slightly.

"What's wrong?" I panicked.

"Oh! Nothing. I just realized that a little girl means a hell of a lot of pink." His nose scrunched up at the mention of the color he and the guys all hated. Not to mention it really wasn’t my color or any of the girls either.

"Aww Zack it'll be alright. I'm sure we can throw some purple in there too. I don't think Brian would let us just do pink." He and I both laughed and realized that I was right. Syn would be more than thrilled to help little Tevan develop a love for purple contrary to pink.

When we reached the bus Zacky hopped out of the car quickly and came around to my side. Despite my protests that I could walk on my own he picked me up bridal style and proceeded to carry me over to the bus. He leaned down slightly and instructed me to punch the code in for him which I gladly did. The door moved sideways allowing us entrance and he carried me up the stairs.

We met a crowded front room, as usual. As we entered, with me now giggling since Zacky had attached his lips to my neck, all eyes became fixed on us. Silence quickly consumed the room. Patting Zacky's arm he set me down and spun me so we were both facing everyone. He wrapped his arms around my waist and let his chin rest on my head.

"Well fuckers? What's the verdict?" Matt asked as he took a sip of his beer from his spot beside Val. I looked up at Zacky and gave him the go ahead to tell everyone.

"Well guys, we are now proudly the parents of a baby girl." Squeals erupted from the girls and the guys immediately stood up to give us hugs of congratulations. I let out a small yell as Jimmy picked me up and swung me around before setting me down and pulling my shirt up slightly so he could look at my belly.

"Hey there little girl!" He exclaimed as he placed a kiss on my stomach. My eyebrows furrowed slightly seeing as it was odd having Jimmy kiss me, let alone my stomach.

"What the fuck dude?" Brian laughed at his friends actions.

"Well its good luck. She's got a buddah belly!" My jaw slacked at Jimmy's statement.

"I do not have a buddah belly! It's called pregnant. Meaning I will lose the belly once the baby arrives." I smacked him playfully on the head before he stood up and huffed at me.

"Fine then. But until that happens you'll be my buddah belly ok? Ok!" I scowled as he trounced off back to Leana.

Zacky and I sat down on one of the couches that had two spots open for us.

"Katie you're so cute." Michelle gushed. I went to reply but I heard a ringing coming from my purse. I stood up and went over to retrieve my cell phone from the small pocket it was hiding in.

"I'll be right back." I stated as I went into the back room to answer it away from the noise.

"She's even cute when she walks! She waddles!" I could just clobber Lacey right now.

"Mattie! How are you hun?" I said into the receiver.

"Hey big sis. I'm doing alright. How are you and my bro? How was the appointment?" I loved talking to Matt. He was too cute. I think he and I spoke more than he and Zacky did at times. He was so excited to be an uncle and was always calling to check on me and the baby. He had also become really close to my own brother. When you got the two of them together it usually spelled trouble.

"It was great hun. You're going to have yourself a lovely little niece to enjoy." I could sense the infamous Baker smile on his face even from over the phone.

"Are you fucking serious?" He squealed. I chuckled lightly as I sat down on our bunk and leaned back against the pillow.

"I'm dead serious." He gave off a yell and I heard him yelling for his mom in the background.

"Oh holy shit. Ok. That's all I wanted to know. I'll let you go now. I need to go spread the news. Talk to you later sis. Love ya!" I didn't even get a chance to reply to him before he hung up on me. I looked incredulously at the phone that was still open in my hands.

That was Matt for you I suppose. Very random and spontaneous. That boy was more like Zacky then I think he even realized. They always argued that they were different but I could easily spot the similarities.

"You're brother is a spaz." I told Zacky as I returned to the room.

"What did he want?" He asked as he chuckled.

"To find out about his niece. Then he hung up on me!" I opened the small fridge and pulled out a bottle of water before sitting down. My ankles were killing me lately.

"Yeah Mattie is a spaz sometimes but that's why he's my lovely little brother." Zacky's arm rested around my shoulder while the others spoke about what the next week would bring.

Now contrary to popular belief, being on tour lately was extremely boring. I felt like all I did was sit on a bus or watch a show. Especially with being pregnant, there really wasn't much I could do. Occasionally Zacky would let me tune his guitar for him and sometimes I could swap it out on stage for him as well. But most of the time I was insanely bored. I needed to find myself a hobby.

"So we're going shopping tomorrow." Val squealed as she got an evil grin on her face.

"We are?" Lacey questioned.

"Yes! We are. We all are." At this the guys groaned as they realized that this included them too.

"Oh come on. It'll be fun. And if you guys are good we'll take you into some lingerie store I'm sure." Eyes perked up at this and I knew we were now in trouble.

"Mmm time for some new sexy lingerie I think." Zacky murmured.

"If you can find some that'll fit me."

"Oh that won't be a problem. Trust me."

Thanks Val.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooo so we now know they are having a little girl! yay! haha zacky's going to have his work cut out for him =P and i hope he doesn't come off as a jerk anymore haha. i don't want people mad at me *hides*

hope you all liked it.

thanks for comments go out to...
jinx616
woah naomi x3
perfectionist326
evencrayonslaughatme
RavynBlu
CKY:TightTushZealot
catastrophe.
were.all.thieves.
Just.Listen
bloodravyn
the_never_ending
House_of_Syn

you guys are so awesome and dedicated. i can't thank you enough!