Hope It Gives You Hell

The City Is At War

[Sarah's Point Of View]

My brain was hurting. Crazy notes and stalker lyrics don't help a mind that worries. Especially when it's a song about kidnapping a girl and keeping her in your basement, and then getting the weirdest message ever.

Cobra Bus. Two blocks from venue. West. Half hour after TAI set.

If that isn't awkward, I want to know what you this IS.

And let me tell you something. It may just be November, but in Michigan, November is cold. It also happens to be even colder at 10:30 in the evening. I soo hope I'm walking in the right direction.

Part of me doesn't even know why I'm going through with this. It's no use pretending he can have me when he really shouldn't be able to. He's eight years older and tours eight months out of the year. Wow, those numbers were ironic.

But then, part of me, the stronger-willed part, wants me to walk alone at night in the dark by myself through a fairly large city. It keeps telling me: anything for Gabe. Makes me think of The Church Of Hot Addiction.

Tonight I am the drug you can't deny
Tonight G-A-B-E gonna get you high


Oh yes he is. I haven't felt this much for someone since my last boyfriend. Oh, someone damn that motherfucker to hell.

"You wanted to talk to me?" he asked, looking completely calm as he walked over to where I was sitting at the park.

"I did. Have a seat." I patted the seat next to me on the bench and he sat down. After a minute, I sighed.

"I saw you with her yesterday." I finally said. He continued to look at the kids on the merry-go-round. Yeah, the merry is really getting around.

"Her? You mean Katie?" he asked stupidly.

"Yes William, I mean Katie. Your ex-girlfriend."

"What's the matter? I'm not allowed to hang out with my best friends?"

"Do you always kiss your best friends? Like Connor, or Richard? I knew Richard swung that way, but you-"

"It was just a kiss."

"Just a kiss, huh?" I turned to look at him, but he avoided my gaze. "Shoving your tongue down someone's throat doesn't exactly constitute as just a kiss, at least to me anyway."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sure. I knew you still liked her, but you insisted you didn't. So what's it mean? Did you lie when you said you loved me too?" He finally turned to look at me.

"I was confused, alright? Things are weird lately and my emotions are messed up and I didn't know what I meant." Right there, I felt my heart shatter.

"William Shepard, I… uh…" I really had no clue what to say.

"What."

"Fuck you."


I'll admit, I never did bounce back from that. Two years later, that day is still hurting me. I haven't had a boyfriend since… I've been too scared.

Although I did feel bad. I'd been hurt, but that didn't give me a reason to be a complete bitch to Gabe. William Shepard may have been the first guy I fell in love with (and the first guy who cheated on me) but Gabe was trying to be nice and I was going to apologize to him.

After a few minutes, I reached the tour bus' hiding area. I looked at each one, then deducted that only Cobra Starship would have a pink and neon green bus.

I walked up to the door and knocked softly, a little scared of what I might find.

"Hey, come on in." Gabe opened the door and motioned for me to come inside. I walked quickly up the steps and into the main area, then turned around.

"Gabe, I wanna say that-"

"Save it." he cut me off, holding up his hand.

"What?" He just smiled.

"I understand. you've got some sort of bad experience and you're scared. But despite my notorious past, I'm not going to hurt you." I smiled and was about to say something until he continued.

"However, I'm not gonna sit around and do nothing either." He stepped forward, put a hand on each of my hips, and pulled me toward him quickly before placing his mouth over mine. Immediately, I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away.

"I'm not sure that-" Unfortunately, he seemed in the mood for cutting me off, because his lips found their way to mine again. Once again, I pushed him away.

"You shouldn't do that." I told him. In all honesty, if he kissed me again, I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

But all he did was smirk at me, like he wasn't even taking that into consideration. And obviously he wasn't, because he went and did it anyway. One hand put itself under my chin while the other gripped my waist and he kissed me with such fore that my knees started to buckle. I wrapped my arms around his neck and returned the kiss before I knew what I was doing. There was a war going on in my head, but I knew who was going to win. Once our oxygen supply was in need of restoration, he pulled away without moving either of his hands, breathing heavily.

"That worked better than I expected." he muttered in my ear, nuzzling into my neck and trying to even his breath.

"Third time's always the charm." I replied, not being able to keep myself from smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
thought i'd be nice to you guys. =]
happy turkey day my loverly readers that i loveee so much!
while you're out having fun with your families and getting stuffed on nummy food, i'ma be sitting in the town hall with my psychotic family trying to hide my bff's sexuality from them. gah, wish me luck.

another update tonight?
two?
you never know =]

<3 Sarah! At The Crisco