Hope It Gives You Hell

His Girl Friday

[William's Point Of View]

We were all at Sarah's birthday party being completely crazy and having fun. Except Sarah, who'd danced with her friends a bit, opened a couple presents, and then vanished. I left Gabe's hotel room, walked up a flight of stairs, and down a few hallways before I finally found her.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. She looked away from the window she was currently staring through to turn around and face me.

"Oh, hey William. I'm just thinking." She smiled at me, but stepped out of my grasp.

"That was really specific. But let me guess, Gabe?" Even though I was going to get my heart shattered in two seconds, I still had my hopes up. She might not like Gabe, or at least, that's what I told myself.

"Yeah. I'm so confused. On one hand, he's everything I don't want. He drinks, he parties a lot, he's way too old for me, and he's gone most of the time. On the other hand, he's a complete sweetheart, he surprises me even when I expect it, and he never makes me do anything I don't want to. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore." She sighed and turned back to looking out the window at the highway.

"Just follow what your heart says." I whispered in her ear, putting my arms around her once more. I was being incredibly obvious, but it didn't matter at this point.

"That would be slightly unadvisable." She half laughed.

"Do I even want to know?"

"Er, probably not. It's complicated." She leaned into my chest, and I swear all self control I had just flew out of me. It was almost painful now.

"I'll say."

"So what's up with you? You've seemed a bit distant lately, Bilvy." She sighed the same way she does when she worries, and Ialmost jumped her- damn it Beckett, stop thinking about the girl your best friend is almost dating like that!

"Nothing really. A lot of thinking. Things are complicated." Wow, that explanation was shit.

"Aren't they always."

"Hey, you wanna… catch a movie or something next Friday? Just kinda, hang out?" Where'd those words come from?

"Uh, can we make it Thursday or something else? I always hang out with Gabe on Fridays." She turned around again and honestly smiled, and I felt my face flush.

"Thursday it is. Now we best get back to that party." I took her hand and led her back to Gabe's room.

Come on a Monday
Come on a Tuesday
They'll never know
Pop off a cork for a Wednesday
Play with me Thursday
But you'll always be his girl
His girl Friday
♠ ♠ ♠
i feel like SHIT right now. my life is soo fucked up at this current moment. I haven't been updating like I want to, the updates aren't as good as I want them to be... and of course, every story needs drama... but you'll hate me for it >.<

plus, one of my closest friends is being a dumbass right now, after I planned him the most epic birthday ever with his FAVORITE BAND. good god.

oh, and this one friend of mine from Cross Country that graduated last year? He just told me he likes me... and I have no idea what to say. I'm a SOPHOMORE. and I don't know how I feel. It's more complicated than that too, believe me. Ugh, sorry I'm dumping this on you guys.

THIS GOES OUT TO SHANNON because she helped me figure this out =] and she makes my life a little better in this fucked-up world we call life.

&#9829;Sarah! At The Crisco

P.S. please comment peoples. =]