Hope It Gives You Hell

It's Hard To Say "I Do" When I Don't

[Liz's Point Of View]

Meet me at the park in two hours.

That was the text message I sent Patrick an hour and fifty minutes ago. I was finally going to talk to him, no matter what. After a couple more minutes, I heard someone whistling a tune that sounded suspiciously like Prince. I turned around to see Patrick sit on one of the swings and smile at me. I stood up from the merry-go-round and sat on the swing next to him.

"What's going on, Lizzy-Pie?" He asked, smiling again. I couldn't help but blush… that's what his smile always did to me.

"Not much, just thinking really."

"Obviously it's something important. Talk to me, that's what I'm here for." He stopped swinging and put his hand on my thigh. He was going to make this hard.

"I'm really confused. I-" I stopped… not sure what to say. How was I going to not break his heart?

"Uh, yes?" He encouraged, making it even harder.

"I'm frustrated. You don't hardly help out this relationship at all. I'm always the one who moves us each step of the way." I sighed and looked at the ground.

"Th-that's how you f-feel?" Patrick stuttered, sounding incredibly shocked.

"Yeah. It is."

"I- well, what am I supposed to do?" He looked at me with honest eyes, and my heart sunk.

"What are you supposed to do?!" I kicked the ground, then jumped off the swing and faced him. "Patrick, that is the wrong answer."

"I can change, I just don't know exactly what you want me to do!" He sighed, exasperated, and I stared at him.

"Wrong again." I turned to walk away, but he jumped up and grabbed my wrist.

"Please, Lizzy, tell me how to fix this." His eyes were pleading, but I couldn't give in.

"I'm not asking you to read minds, but you should know what to do." I pulled my arm from his grasp and walked away, my sobs nearly covering the pounding in my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Liz, who said she was team Bilvy. We're not starting another Twilight controversy, there are no teams. That'll teach you =P

whiskey and NyQuil don't mix. that is all.