Hope It Gives You Hell

Sleeping With Giants (Lifetime)

[Patti's Point Of View]

Graduation. We've been waiting so long for this, we couldn't even express how excited we are anymore. Some of the boys wanted to come to Commencement. Sarah told them not to, but I doubt they'll listen. They never do.

The last two weeks have been strange. Liz and Patrick are on the rocks since they broke up, and they'll hardly look at each other. It's really confusing, because they won't tell anyone what happened. Ask, and they'll completely ignore you.

Then there's Sarah and Gabe. They're an entire book of mysteries themselves. Always doing something on Fridays, that's their special day or something, and you'll never find them apart then. However, every time you ask if they're together, Sarah will say no and change the subject immediately. Gabe will sigh and grumble something about not yet and then change the subject as well. I'm pretty sure that's the only time you'll see either of them blush.

Michael and I are doing pretty well, actually. Unlike the others. I never really thought I'd get to say this, but Michael is pretty much a major part of my life now.

And I know he's shown up today. I just can't see him among all the other people in the stands, although I should be able to. I can see William, I swear he's go at crush on Sarah, and standing next to him is Sisky and Gabe. Wow, why the hell is Sisky here? By them is Pete and Patrick. Pete's trying to get Patrick and Liz back together, but so far, no dice. He's forced Patrick to go to her spring concert, flute recital, and now this. Maybe it'll work. We can hope.

"Must of the guys are up there," I pointed out to Sarah, who was sitting to my right, without being obvious. She looked up and then sighed.

"Swear to God, no one listens." She shook her head, not even bothering to listen to the principal's speech anymore. No one ever does.

"Get over it. They're famous musicians with brain spans the size of my baby cousin. But that's not the point. Have you seen Michael?" She looked around for a little bit, and then smiled.

"Psh, where could he be?" She laughed and pointed to where he was standing right by the fence. "He probably wants to be the first to see you when it's over, but he'll be crying by the end if he doesn't find a damn seat. I stood the entire time freshman year and Mr. Ebsch with his impeccably long speech almost killed me."

~Later [too lazy to write graduation scene]

Finally, the last person received their diploma, and the principal made his closing statement before we filed off the football field. Once we stepped off the football field and onto the grassy area by the school, all hell ensued as friends and family tried to meet up with one another. I grabbed Sarah's arm and began walking through the clumps of people in blue gowns to find my destination: Michael's arms.

"Hey, my little girl's 18, and now she has her diploma!" Gabe yelled, his tall-ness easily finding it's way through the crowd and grabbing Sarah in a hug. She groaned and tried to push him away.

"You make it sound so creepy… like I'm your child or something. No, stop hugging me." Her futile attempts at getting away from him resulted in him getting a grip on her waist and pulling her closer.

"It's not creepy, you are little." He laughed and kissed the top of her head, making her sigh.

"Sure, let's make more short jokes. Can't you pick on Patti? She's shorter than I am."

"Was." Liz corrected, running up to the group "That was about… two years ago. If you hadn't noticed, we both gained ground on you in those two years." The moment she finished her sentence, she was on the receiving end of a death glare so horrible, it's a wonder she's still alive.

"Lizzy! Hey, we're so proud of you!" Pete screamed above everyone, busting through two parents that were taking pictures of their kids. He completely ignored their angry shouts and nearly tackled Liz in a hug.

"Oh my god they're attacking!" She yelled before hugging him back.

"Yeah, don't have to tell me twice." Sarah rolled her eyes, still in Gabe's grasp, but no longer making an effort to escape, instead putting her hands over his. They're so obvious.

"Congrats Liz." Patrick smiled, hands shoved in his pockets. She looked over at him and smiled slightly.

"Um, thanks Patrick."

"Good god, where is Michael?!" I asked, but I'm pretty sure everyone ignored me.

"Right here." His voice whispered into my ear before kissing my cheek and turning me around, then pulling me into a hug.

"I thought you were never going to show up over here." I laughed, hugging him back.

"That was a good one. Nah, I was waiting for the crazies to be finished. Congrats babe." His lips quickly grazed mine before I was ambushed by my parents. They're the epitome of perfect timing sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay, two updates in one! but dad's banishing me from the computer for the rest of the night >.<

i suppose, since Liz is my bfff, we can have teams. Bilvy and Gabe. Liz, I kill you. SO LET'S HEAR WHO'S ON WHAT TEAM! it may just decide how I end this story ^-^ i el oh el how i didn't put William in after Commencement. Whoops.

so yeah. the whiskey nyquil thing? true story. my stomach still hurts.

and I HAVE TURNED THIS SONG INTO SOMETHING WAAAY DIRTY. most of the Fueled By Ramen guys are tall... pretty much giants. and they're dating them. bahaha... i thought of that during Chemistry.

&#9829;Sarah! At The Crisco