Hope It Gives You Hell

Calm Before The Storm

[Liz's Point Of View]

"This is ridiculous. My oral exam for Spanish is tomorrow, and I can't speak Spanish worth crap!" I yelled, throwing a few papers across the room. Sarah just laughed at me.

"Imagine, you get to flip out on me about your Spanish third trimester too!" She replied. "I told you to take French but nooooo, I'm not smart enough to know what you should take, I've only known you for nine years."

"Shut up." I countered. "Spanish really is easier. But it's still hard."

"Whatever. You can tell me what's hard after you've taken Physics." Sarah said, glaring at her Physics review harshly. I was about to reply when my phone started to ring.

"You're here. Who could be calling me?" I asked Sarah. She looked nervous.

"Uh, let me see that." she grabbed my phone to answer it but hit the speaker button instead.

"Patrick just call her already and quit being a pansy!"

"I am, stop it! It's ringing right now! Wait, no it's not. Hello?"
Sarah winced and then half smiled at me.

"Surprise?" She sort of whispered. I didn't know what to say. Patrick Martin Stump had just called my cell phone. Speaking of my phone…

"Seriously, is anyone over there?!" Patrick called through the line again.

"Y-yeah, I'm here." I said nervously.

"Oh, okay. Um, I'm not exactly sure what to say…"

"Ask her out!"
someone screamed on the other line. Someone other than Patrick.

"Oh for the love of God." Sarah sighed, falling backward off my bed.

"Is that Sarah?!" The voice yelled. Patrick yelled at him but after a few moments, the phone was no longer in Patrick's possession. "Tell her that I thank her for the number. Whoever Dan Hampsten is." And the two of us burst out into laughter.

"You gave him Dan's number?" I asked. She nodded.

"I told you Daniel would get comeuppance."

"Again with the silence." Patrick's voice rang again. I turned back to my phone.

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright. So… would you like to go for coffee tomorrow?"" I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks, and Sarah was smirking at me.

"I'd love to." I replied.

"Awesome. Six at the Coffee Mill alright?" His voice was getting a little stronger, but was still pretty quiet.

"Sounds good." After I'd replied again, there was a lot of arguing on the other line for a couple of minutes.

"Sorry, but Gabe asks for Sarah to meet him at Dean's… Saturday at one." Patrick said between laughs. Sarah, who had just made it back onto my bed, fell off once again.

"Can't he just leave me alone?!" she cried from her spot on the floor, hitting her forehead in frustration.

"Don't you like him though?" I asked her.

"Hellooo. It doesn't matter what I want. He will end up wanting more than I can give and it ain't happening. Besides, it's incredibly illegal." She sighed.

"It's only illegal if we get caught." Gabe said. I started laughing and she glared at me.

"It's not that funny, and totally not my point. Besides, the ice cream shop is NOT open in the winter, smartie pants. And I'm hanging out with a friend Saturday."

"No one said we were getting ice cream." Gabe paused for a moment, and then continued. "And feel free to bring your friend. I'll bring one of mine."

"You're not gonna get rid of him that easily, you know." I told her. She continued to glare before sighing for the fifty nillionth time tonight.

"Ugh. Don't I know it. Fine, whatever."

"YES!" Gabe screamed.

"Um, you guys okay over there?" I asked. There was A LOT of screaming on the other line.

"Yeah, it's alright. Gabe's just kinda… dancing… and being a spazz." Oh. Just.

"Um, alright. I should go though, we still have to study epically for our exams."

"Alright. See you tomorrow Liz." Patrick said softly. His voice was melting me every time he talked and I was sort of sorry to be hanging up.

"Okay. See ya Patrick." I hung up the phone and stared at Sarah. "YOU GAVE HIM MY NUMBER WHY?!?!" I yelled at her.

"I knew you'd be happy with me eventually. Go back to studying, I know you're not mad." she teased, sticking her tongue out at me. And we both knew she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
second update in two nights! yaaay!
hopefully i can keep inspiration for this -crosses fingers-

my first story that gets lots of comments. i feel like i've just made a big step in my writing. YES!
thank you to Shenanigans0803 [aka the greatest writer i've seen in ages =D], n3rdzgotskillz [who likes LoveHateHero, therefore she pwns], and thelifers who happens to be my real life best friend =D

comments are my inspiration to continue. maybe i'll actually finish a story .:le gasp:.

<3 Sarah! At The Crisco