Hope It Gives You Hell

Slow Down

[Patti's Point Of View]

After our three days of horrid exams and then the last two days of complete boredom, Saturday came around to much pleasure for all of us. That afternoon, the three of us were at Sarah's house getting ready, and it was pretty crazy.

"Alright, does it really take you this long to get dressed?" Sarah asked as I continued to try on different clothes that I had brought. It wasn't my fault I was a little bit self conscious and wanted to look my best. She'd just thrown on a purple shirt, black jeans, and black and white plaid air walks. She also had her blue hoodie for the wait outside.

"Gah, shut up." I cried as I threw down the red top I'd been looking at and picked up a green one.

"Now that looks great." Liz commented, pulling her hoodie over her head and completing her final outfit choice of a red tank top and blue jeans, with blue converse and a black hoodie. I had to admit, I looked pretty decent in green.

"Alright, can I borrow your blue shoes though Liz?" I asked, putting my converse back in my bag. She nodded, and I put them on before we walked downstairs. I finally decided on the green shirt, dark jeans, blue flats, and a pink and black hoodie.

"Hey mom, we're gonna head out now." Sarah called to her mom as they put their shoes on. Her mom walked out of the living room and pretended to be jealous.

"I should ground you for being able to go to all these amazing shows without me, you know." Her mom said, crossing her arms in fake anger.

"Sorry mom. We'll take a ton of pictures for you though," Sarah hugged her mom and then we left, Sarah trying to contain herself and keep under the speed limit as we hit the highway and went our way to Grand Rapids.

"I can't believe he just gave you the tickets for free." I sighed, kind of spreading myself across the back seat. I was still in awe I'd get to see all of the boys in concert.

"He's still trying to get to me. Don't know how many times I've got to tell him now." Sarah replied, gripping the steering wheel tighter. Gabe was a slightly sore subject now a days.

"I don't see why you don't just give him a chance. At least… go out for coffee or something like Patrick and I did." Liz tried to convince her. No such luck.

"It ain't happening."

"Why not?!" I found myself yelling.

"Because! I'm scared, okay? He's freaking… eight years older than me, he's famous and always touring, and I'm not good with any sort of relationship type of thing! I can't do it!" Subconsciously, she'd stepped on the gas, and we were now cruising as an even ninety miles an hour before she caught herself. "Please, just don't say anything to him… or do anything at all."

"You could have just said that." Liz pointed out, which put her at the receiving end of a deadly glare.

Half an hour later, we were in Grand Rapids, speeding down the road ten over the speed limit to get to a good parking spot and get at the front of the line. Fortunately, Sarah's car was not hurt when she accidentally skidded around a corner into a parking spot.

"And run!" Liz cheered as we booked it up the sidewalk to the front door. We managed to be at the very front, only behind about ten people.

"Wow, this was dumb." I said after we'd sat by the wall for half an hour.

"And how was it dumb?" Sarah looked at me in disbelief.

"Because we're now here for the next three hours."

"Maybe you should have thought of that before. I brought my CD player and my Sing It Loud CD, I dunno what you're gonna do." She stuck her tongue out at me and offered Liz the other ear bud, making me raise my eyebrow at her.

"You're lucky we're good friends, or I'd pitch you in the road right now."

"Well, why are you pitching your friends in the road?" I probably would have socked someone for listening in on our conversation, if it was a random person.

"Michael! Well, um…"

"Nah. I probably don't want to know. I just want a hug." He held his arms out, and honestly, who could resist an offer like that? The moment his arms wrapped around me, I felt a few pairs of eyes trying to burn holes in my back, but I really didn't care. After the hug sadly ended, he kept his hold on my shoulders and just looked at me.

"You look incredible." He said with a smile. I could feel the blood surging through my cheeks to my skin.

"So do you." We looked at each other, smiling like crazy people, until finally he just said it.

"Oh hell, come here," and he pulled me back into his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
We've got two new subscribers on board! thank you guys!
i only got two comments this last time sadly... though i probably didn't give it time either xD
i'm just too excited to get this chapter up!

furthermore... if you want to know how the concert went, you can look at my profile picture =]

ahh, gotta love the sappy romance blossoming between Patti and Michael. Someone had to be getting into it, since my character's being a total philophobe. -shoots self-
ANYWHO
yess... comments means faster and more updates.
so comment =]

<3 Sarah! At The Crisco
[she who writes authors notes as long as the chapters themselves]