That's A Lie

Sinful ways

“ I will not let you lead your brother to sinful ways!”

The young man of 15, the subject of this heated argument, closed his front door silently. Taking deep breaths, he wondered what his brother had done now. An easier question to answer would be what hasn’t he done. Gerard has meddled with everything once in a while except for, maybe, murder and rape. This time though, the young man had an inkling on what his older brother of three years had done.

Fixing his expression into one of confusion and innocence, he trudged slowly into the kitchen where most fights began.

At the doorway, the scene that greeted him was one he had not expected. Gerard, standing closest to the doorway, had his hands curled up in a fist and eyes held a maniacal gleam. Donna stood across the room, in a nervous state. Her hands were wringing each other, her eyes were darting left and right. The young man could see that she was biting on her lower lip.

“ What’s going on here Gee? Mom?” Thee was silence so uncomfortable the young man could have bolted out the door if given the chance. But he didn’t because just when he was about to turn and run, his older brother answered.

“ Mikey… I- I came out of the closet,” Gerard muttered out; his voice sounding somewhat choked. The young man, or Mikey as he was called, spent not a second dwelling on what his brother said. He had known all along Gerard was gay. It was him Gerard confessed to a year ago. It was him that kept quiet for so long. Now it was him that comforted his older brother just like always.

“ I told you! I told you not to touch your brother! Let go of him; Mikey, move here!” shrieked out Donna in a state of disarray. The two boys pulled apart, shocked. Did Donna think that they would go all incest on each other? Mikey was the first to speak.

“ Mom, I am not in love with Gerard! How could you even think of such a thing!” Donna was sobbing uncontrollably. After hearing those last few words uttered by her son, she crumpled to the floor, clawing at her chest. She was wailing incoherent sentences. Phrases that all screamed “I don’t know what to think anymore!”

“ Jesus! What in the name of God is going on here?” A new voice joined in the chaos. This one has a deeper baritone. It was Donald. Before anyone had a chance to answer the man, he spoke again.

“ Donna get off the floor and stop that noise. Boys what have you done to cause your mom to lose her head and call me to come home immediately?” Nobody could answer him. In Donna’s eyes, everyone was guilty. In Gerard eyes, he did nothing but tell the truth. Looking through Mikey’s eyes, the whole thing was a blob of bewilderment.

“ Dad, I’m gay.” Gerard spoke up, believing that honesty is the best policy. All went silent except for Donna who was still trying to stop that God awful sound she was making. After what seems like years, Donald let out a wary sigh. He turned to face his wife.

“ This is why I had to run out on my boss? Because our son is gay? Damn woman! If he’s gay then just leave him be! Its his hormonal wants!” This time it was Gerard and Mikey who sighed in relief. Donald was fine with it.

“ But-but Don, what about Mikey? Gerard and him-”

“ Christ! Donna Mikey’s dating that Asian girl. What’s her name. Emira or something,” The young guy nodded his head in agreement.

“ Who knows if she’s just a cover up for these two to get up to no good?! And under our noses no less!” Mikey gulped. Donna got it right. Emira was just a cover up but not because Gerard and him has incest.

It was because Mikey was bisexual.

“ Mom! Of course he’s not faking! He and Emira have been together for almost year now!” Gerard took on a defensive tone. He knew of the deal Mikey had with that girl.

“ And they haven’t fought since! Isn’t that strange?”

“ That just shows that they have a loving relationship!” Donald was silent through all this. It surprised tem that he spoke.

“ Michael get up to your room and do your homework or go to bed. Your brother and us need to talk alone.”

“ But- but its about me!”

“ Michael James Way! I said move!” Knowing it was a lost cause, he slowly made his way out of the kitchen, grumbling.

“ Fine. But I won’t be happy about it. Gerard will tell me everything anyway.”