How It Ends

Chapter Two.

I kicked up piles of leaves as I walked home, huddling even more into my black and white checkered fur hoodie. For only being November, it was absolutely freezing, white patches of snow spotted the landscape. I loved walking home after school, my iPod cranked. It was one of the few times I could be by myself.

Don't waste you're time on me,
You're already the voice inside my head


I hummed along, glad I was alone. Way off key.

"Hey, honey, how was school?" My mother smiled as I opened the back door and slung my coat on a hook.

"Eh it was-" I paused. "It was school," I shrugged.

"Mm-hm. Interesting."

"Extremely." I smiled back at her and trudged up to my room.

Great. I had three tests tommorow, and 6 chapters to read for History. I pulled my textbook out and flipped it open, dreading every minute I was going to have to spend reading this. My phone buzzed.

"Hiiiiii. Wanna hang at Starbucks? I don't feel like doing homework." Daniela texted me.

Grateful for the distraction, I told her I'd see her in 10 minutes and bounded down the stairs.

"Mom, I'm going to get coffee, I'll be back soon."

"Okay....did you finish your homework?"

I froze. I should have seen that coming. "Almost..."

"Fine. Hurry up, though."

"Thanks, mom." I grabbed my jacket and headed out to the car, throwing the keys in the ignition and turning up the heat.

I spotted Daniela, sitting at a table by herself, and holding my coffee.

"Peppermint mocha twist?" I incquired.

"But of course."

"You're my hero." I sat down.

"Haha..."

"So what's up?" I asked casually. She looked slightly worried, and a little hyped up.

"Uhmm..I need to talk to you about something..."

"....Okay. Go ahead..." I said warily, studying her face.

"So...I found out who the new transfer was."

"Oh, cool...Do we know him?"

"Yeah, that's the problem."

Sheesh, why didn't she just spit it out? "So, who is it?"

She twiddled her fingers nervously. "Addie, I'm really sorry....it-it's-well, look over there."

She hitched her finger over her shoulder and pointed to a tall brunnette. His back was facing us.

"I can't see him. Dr-" And then he turned around.

Kaedan.

Of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?

I need 5 more comments, and 2 subscribers before I can write another chapter, please and thankyou(:

Commentiess pleasee.

I realized after writing this, that it was kind of obvious it was going to be him the guy who dumped her. But, I promise the rest of the story won't be that cliche.